December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

(L)Here Comes The Bride :luv: ...We're NOT Bridezilla :girlwerewolf2xn:

Part 3 in a Series by Mari

Dear December 2010 K1 Brides:

Are We Fit or Fat in that Gown? "Walking Our Talk"

With the upcoming weddings among all of us, we want to feel and look exquisite on our big day! One thing that has come to my attention is the Decemberite Filers Weight Loss Challenge! I'm very excited to see this here because it meshes well with our health series! So let's "Walk our Talk" and see what happens when we put on our wedding gowns!

I want to focus on exercising for at least 30 minutes a day. Now since some of us Brides do not have access to a gym, or, our budgets are tight with all the upcoming events happening, what would be a solution here? How about our natural ability to walk? Without making this post to only focus on a simple way to keep healthy, and our minds and body released from stress, I will point out some simple facts of the overall benefits.

Let's start with a study for reference: One 8 year study suggested that walking for at least 30 minutes per day, decreases risk of premature death than those who rarely or do not exercise at all. Regularly walking has other benefits. Did you know that you could decrease your abdominal fat? How about that walking deceases risk of Diabetes Type 2, and Breast Cancer? It also will improve your cholesterol, lower your blood pressure, give you that energy boost and stamina (think wedding night), release mental stress, strengthen your bones (very important for women of all ages in general), and helps prevent weight gain. The National Institute of Health, as well as the CDC encourages every American (GROOMS and BRIDES ALIKE) go for a moderate to intense walk for at least 30 minutes each day. If that is too much, tone it down to a slower pace. When our beneficary's are here, this is a romantic way to spend quality time together.

READY, SET, GO!

You won't have to go out and buy a gym membership, or equipment for this activity. Simply, comfortable loose clothing and good supportive foot gear are it. When I go hiking with the dogs, I layer my gear (clothes) appropriately for the weather. CHOOSE A SAFE PATH OR TRAIL. WATCH WEATHER ADVISORY. ALWAYS KEEP A ID ON YOUR PERSON AT ALL TIMES. I keep my cell and wireless ear piece with me for emergency, but I am not a fan of talking while walking because I want to give my mind some time to unwind and relax. An added addition to keep your mind off the time is music. With all the new techie toys out, even an inexpensive one works great! Put on your favourite artists, walk, sing and dance away! Keep a bottle of water with you.

MOVE MOVE MOVE!!

When you begin a new physical activity its always good to begin with a short distance and gradually pick up your pace and increase your walk time. Please remember to carry WATER. Set a comfortable pace for yourself. I, walk slow. No doubt about it, I am an outdoorsy girl and I love to take in the natural beauty in nature. However, I also noticed the more I hiked or walked, the faster my natural pace and my distance increased steadily!

BREATHE.

Take deeper breaths, deeper sighs and let the negative stuff and stress go! If you find yourself out of breath, slow down, stop if you must, and then continue. Free your mind and body of those energy vampires that suck the life out of a sweet Bride... and make her none other than, Bridezilla! Eeeeek!

POSTURE.

Keep your head lifted, shoulders relaxed, swing your arms naturally, pull in your tummy muscles and don't hold your breath!! BREATHE GIRL!! I don't suggest carrying weights, or adding weights for newbie walkers. Let's just get moving properly first.

BODY TALK:

If you already experience physical challenges (illness or disability), I suggest you ask your Physician to help you design a proper exercise routine for you.

Gumby Girl Let's S-T-R-E-T-C-H...

After a good walk, please remember to STRETCH your legs, calves and chest for a hold of at least 30 seconds. Limbering up after moving along, increases more blood flow to the great muscles and brain. More blood flow means more oxygen, release of toxins, and a feeling of natural euphoria.

I want to add a bonus here since we're talking WEDDING GOWN. Question? What exercises would be great to tone up exposed and accentuated body parts according to my luxurious bridal gown?

If your gown is:

Halter, Strapless, or Open Back: consider exercises that would make you look incredible. You want to focus on your Lats, Traps, Teres Major and Minors, Rhomboids and Deltoids.

Gowns without straps, sweetheart necklines or plunging necklines: focus on chest exercises that "perk up the girls" by strengthening your pec muscles. In addition, strong shoulders (deltoids) really make a bride glorious in gowns like these.

Spaghetti straps, Halters and Strapless: These type of dresses lend an opportunity for us Brides to tone up our arms! In addition to cardio, focus on your deltoid, tricep and bicep muscles. My former trainer once told me that flabby arms go away fairly quickly when women work them out.

Form-Fitted, Sheath, Mermaid, Hourglass, and Trumpet styles: These dresses focus on your belly, butt and thighs all at once... good grief! Focus on obliques, abs ( go WALKING), gluts, hamstrings, and hip abductors. SWEAT it out and the effort proves beyond a SEXY Bride! Trust me, it will WOW your groom all day long.

Short Wedding Gowns: These dress styles give reason for great gams! For that sleek, long leggy look focus on your quads, calves, hips and hamstrings. It just so happens that WALKING would be a great starter!

Along with a good cardio workout, experience and focus on these muscle areas. Remember, this is your big day. Feeling and looking fantastic is more than an accomplishment, its a lifestyle!

Always from my heart to yours,

Mari

PS: I love the refereed medical journals which confirm my thoughts on walking for health.

http://web.uvic.ca/~rhodes/pubbles.htm

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

I'm thinking of all you Decemberites with fiancees in Japan, or those of you living in areas with flood warnings.

This whole 6 months for VSC petitioners thing is majorly stressing me out. It takes a long time to get your interview in Montreal (where I will be going for mine, thank goodness its so close to me) so I am very worried about being approved in time for our 11/11/11 wedding :( We have chosen our photographer, dj, and caterer (with contracts and deposits) now, which is very exciting if it weren't for my time worries. TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE though.

So glad we all have each other, personally I think we're the best month of filers :P

Christine,

YOU are doing a great job staying positive!! Keep it up girl!

I have to agree with you on our Decemberite Family being THE BEST MONTH of FILERS because of some dynamic , approachable, blissful, funny and motivating COUPLES ON THIS THREAD!

Truly, I love you all to bits!:luv:

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

For all, Sonoko is doing fine! She and all but one of her brothers are in Okinawa, thus a good distance from the devastation. She has a brother working on the mainland but towards the south and he is fine! I hope that all the other Japanese Fiancé(e)s and family members are doing fine!

It is a huge tragedy but watch Japan and her citizens closely and you will see one of the things I love about that country and culture. They will rebound quickly and more strong than before! Although to foreigners they may same shy, they are true professionals and hard workers who realize life happens and prepares for things such as this. It is bad, but in other parts of the world would have been much worse! My heart goes out to all who lost someone or is waiting to hear from someone close to them!

Thank you to everyone for the concerns! I hope to hear from the other Japanese filers that your loved ones are ok!!!

-Shawn

Shawn and Sonoko,

I am so happy we heard from you and that your family is fine. Please send our love to Sonoko and her family, Shawn.

Mari

Timeline

I just want to say hello to all of our December family here, several times a day I check this thread for updates and information, it helps keep me company. What a dramatic and scary last couple of days it has been. I woke Friday Morning and heard "earthquake" and "tsunami" and my heart jumped and my eyes glued to the TV news and it only took a few seconds to figure out it was Japan, not near the Philippines. Then an email from my beloved Jenie Bee, everything was ok again, but not really.

It's a small world, lives are precious and although my kids and I are safe as with the love of my life in the Philippines, my heart goes out to our friends from Japan in harms way, and also their loved ones whom are out of danger but in great pain, praying and hoping for the best.

This is a difficult journey we have chosen, so much time apart, and so many miles, but I always like to make the most of things. When we make it through this "visa journey" and we are together, our bond will be stronger and please Lord, should I EVER for one second take for granted my lovely wife, reminded me of this time and this trial we experienced in the beginning of our life together!

Godspeed to all of us, especially those directly affected by the tragic events we have been watching unfold.

Lee

PS: Keep up the good work December filers!

PSS: Jenie Bee I love you, can't wait for our video chat date tonight!! :dancing:

Amen Amen AMEN!

Timeline

December 2010 K1'ers....

We have 2 Thread Family Members from Japan.

They are:

1. NEKO: USC is Sean, and his Beneficary is Ai

2. USMCAviator: USC is Shawn, and his Beneficiary is Sonoko

Due to this natural disaster that has devasted some of Japan early this morning, let's remember them and their families and offer any positive support we can as both Sean and Shawn await news to hear from their Brides. In fact, just as we did for the New Zealander's earthquake not long ago, let's remember ALL OF OUR JAPANESE FRIENDS.

Thank you,

Mari

I am happy to report we got a reply from NEKO!!!! Ai's message follows:

Mari!

We are all okay here! Thank you so much!! and I am so glad to know you are well, too... this is so scary and my fiance is going nuts about this and like "get on the plane, NOW!!!". I just hope that nothing more will happen, and USCIS will process our cases as soon as possible... *sigh*

Ai

Ai,

I am so greatful to hear from you. You were the last one on our Dec Family Thread from Japan we were waiting to hear from! Keep safe, please tell Sean hello and for him to get in here when he gets a chance and keep us posted on you!

Love to you sister,

Mari

To The December Family.... I want to acknowledge all of you for being a positive force and standing by one another through thick and thin during our VJ. I think it is safe to say we are of humble hearts and kindered spirits! Each of you are invaluable here. Together, when one is feeling down, we can all pull them back up. When we are happy, we laugh together. I love our creativity and playfulness among us. Let's not forget how each of us contribute with our professional expertise and talents!

I am hopeful and in great faith our jouney here together will grow united friendships from around the world!

With joyous heart,

Mari

PS: Thank God we have heard from our friends and family from Japan! Let's remain vigilant and continue to support them!

Timeline

Received my two copies of the police check today, impressive things they are too, with my photo and everything :lol:

Even better, and as I knew they would, they have the all important "No Trace" on them :dance:

That is great news! Well done and good to see you on the post Ben. A hello to Ganinda from us!

Hugs to you both,

Mari

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

im so happy shes fine!but looking a the bright side you might get your petition expedited because of it...you will have her here sooner. :)

3/21/2009: saw each other in colombia after many years.

6/25/2009: visited colombia relationship started!

12/20/2009: visited colombia spende the holidays with him and family<3

1/14/2010: he moved to buenos aires (study)

3/14/2010: we both visited colombia <3 great week!

6/30/2010: i visited buenos aires for a month

11/24/2010: i became a US citizen

11/26/2010: filed I-129f

12/2/2010: NOA 1

12/09/2010: touched

Waiting for NOA2

every day is a step closer to finally being with you!!!!!

Qz9pm5.png

Timeline

Why does it take a natural disaster for me to completely appreciate my own health and safety? I feel like I've been so ungrateful. I really hope everyone is ok!

Well, I am just happy we highjacked you from your September Thread so you can be here with us! And, so you know you're appreciated, I will practice that bird call so I can perform it for your wedding! lol

In all seriousness, our lives are precious and nothing to be taken for granted, that's for sure!

Mari

Timeline

im so happy shes fine!but looking a the bright side you might get your petition expedited because of it...you will have her here sooner. :)

Hey Diana!

How's the wedding plans coming along? You doing OK girl? :luv:

Mari

Timeline

:reading: HEY DEC K1 2010 THREAD!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of Packet #2, Request to be Added to Timeline, Wedding planning and staying healthy so we won't stress out! Please join us and say hello to everyone.

• Page 17 ...............................Post # 251................................Packet #2 List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7................................. Post # 98.................................. Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 39 .............................. Post # 578 ...............................Timeline By DizzyLox with Dec Filer's Daily Updated List (Updated M-F, No weekends)
  • Page 39............................... Post # 578............................... ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply for Dizzylox to Request Dizzy to Add you)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142............................... Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151.................................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251.................................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ................................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22................................Post #316 &329......................Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.................................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.................................Best Wedding links by Wendie
  • Page 25................................Post#361..................................The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions Article by Kiplinger.com
  • Page 25................................Post # 362.................................Nesting for our Fiance's new home! Clean, Declutter and Organize before they get here.
  • Page 32................................Post # 468................................ Bec_Dipu's example of why we do not wait to gather our NOA2 packet documents.
  • Page 33................................Post # 490.................................Required Documents for NOA2 (Post is duplicate so members can find easily)
  • Page 37................................Post # 547.................................Stay Healthy! No Bridezilla's here. Part 1 of Series on health matters. Water Intake
  • Page 40................................Post # 596.................................No Bridezilla's here. Part 2 of Series. Fiber
  • Page 46................................Post #676..................................No Bridezilla here. Part 3 of Series. Walk our Talk & Exercise focus for your Bridal gown!

Thanks Everybody our group is THRIVING!

Mari

Timeline

My December Family,

Hubby received the I-797 which I believed is the NOA2 which indicated that the I-129F is approved. Now sitting here in front of my computer..still cant believe it. must be halfway through but still a lot challenges to come.. waiting now for my case number coming from NVC. I wish us all the luck. Thanks to those who helped me here and to Mari and for everyone. I'll keep in touch.

Yours,

Cici (and J)

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

My December Family,

Hubby received the I-797 which I believed is the NOA2 which indicated that the I-129F is approved. Now sitting here in front of my computer..still cant believe it. must be halfway through but still a lot challenges to come.. waiting now for my case number coming from NVC. I wish us all the luck. Thanks to those who helped me here and to Mari and for everyone. I'll keep in touch.

Yours,

Cici (and J)

Woo hoo!!!!!! Congratulations to you Cici & Jay!!!

You're our 1st NOA2 !!!!!!

love it!

Mari (F)

Thanks Mari!!

for all of us, hang on.. have faith.. (i was actually addicted to it!!) PRAYERS!!! i did pray ALL the time.. God is great!

Love yah!!

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello ALL!!!

I just want to say hello to all of you.

we had the worst earthquake in Japan though, I'm doing well in Fukuoka.

we Japanese have to move on...

I heard the news that many countries would come and help us.

I really want to say "Thank you!" to everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.