NOA1: April 8, 2014

Biometrics Appointment: May 1st, 2014

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

NOA1 & NOA2 in hand: NOW what do WE do?

For the Beneficiary & K-1 Petitioner:

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), ...... will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

The First Step: Filing the Petition

• You, the U.S. citizen sponsor, must file
Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), with the USCIS office that serves the area where you live. See Direct Filing Addresses for Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e) for information on where to file the petition. Further information is available on the USCIS website under Fiancé(e) Visas. Note: Form I-129F cannot be filed at a U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or USCIS office abroad. (NOA1)After USCIS approves the petition, (NOA2) it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for processing, and NVC will send it to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa. (603) 334-0700 Press 1, then 5 for human to speak with you.

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

Once the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), will apply receives the petition from NVC, it will provide you with specific instructions, including where to go for the required medical examination. During your interview, ink-free, digital fingerprint scans will be taken. Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant's interview by a Consular Officer.

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview: << DECEMBERITE BENEFICIARY

Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate). NOTE: K-1/K-2 visa applicants should not fill in Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)

• Birth certificate
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms <<< DECEBERITE PETITIONER

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Fees - How Much Does a K-1 Visa Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

• Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
  • Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-156
  • Medical examination (costs vary from post to post)
  • Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
  • Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

For current fees for Department of State, see Fees for Visa Services. For current fees for USCIS, see Check Filing Fees on the USCIS website.

ATTENTION DECEMBERITE FAMILY!

Please be sure to check your US Embassy of the Beneficiary prior to Interview as each one may request certain documents which are additional to the list above!! Failure to do so may result in delayed approval for your Beneficiary! DO NOT MISS THIS*

Reference: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2994.html

Additional Information for Decemberite K1's:

1. Preparation for Medical Examination: Page 22, Post# 329

2. Commission for Filipinos Overseas, PRISM INFO: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=322&Itemid=78 (bc I don't know where it is on this thread).

ADDITIONAL NOTE:

Since some of you have repeatedly asked the same questions twice, I am frustrated now that some of you are not familiar with the following information. This information has been posted throughout this Thread since 2011. Since each of us must be responsible for our own files I will therefore encourage the Decemberites:

PLEASE do as much research at your Embassy and REVIEW Official websites before asking questions which have been answered here before and can be located by Thread Map references. I have left you the Official US Dept of State References throughout this Thread which anyone can link to. For questions which have not been answered here:

1. You can call the USCIS @ http://www.uscis.gov...000b92ca60aRCRD

2. NVC: http://travel.state..../info_3177.html

3. US Dept of State MAIN OFFICE, Washington DC: http://www.usembassy.gov/

Regards,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

I just checked and we got a RFE today. :(

Hang in there Sandls... you know what to do! Read and ask others about their RFE on our Thread. Ask REX (Lee & JenieBee)... lol, he's been in the dog house for a week he says!

Love ya,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms <<< DECEBERITE PETITIONER

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

PLEASE do as much research at your Embassy and REVIEW Official websites before asking questions which have been answered here before and can be located by Thread Map references. I have left you the Official US Dept of State References throughout this Thread which anyone can link to. For questions which have not been answered here:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FYI - the New Delhi website states that the I-134 must be notarized even though the USCIS website says that it is not necessary to have it notarized. The New Delhi website also states that the I-134 is to be turned in after Packet 3 with the Applicant Statement, photos and DS-230 Part 1 AND it states that it should be included in your Packet 4 information delivered before your interview. Soooo, it's basically asking for it twice. I have emailed the embassy regarding these two things, but little quirks like this are why it's so important to visit your embassy's website.

Good luck!

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

WE GOT APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

This is fantastic!! Were you with Blake when you got the happy news?

I wonder how many of us will be in Montreal at the same time?

Have an awesome day!

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

LOL Oh sheesh! When did you tell us that? LOL... wait I did do a healthy one... the quinoa & beet salad. Does that count?

The quinoa & beet salad definitely counts for something...but from what I see in MN not sure it counts for an American dish lol. Michael's suggestion was a hot dish....not sure about that lol

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is fantastic!! Were you with Blake when you got the happy news?

I wonder how many of us will be in Montreal at the same time?

Have an awesome day!

Lise

Thank you! Yes, I arrived here late monday night and I got the email about our approval last night as we were having a night in on the couch. I'm so happy we get to celebrate this together!

Sandl2011 - RFEs suck, but on the bright side it means they are looking at your case, and once you get your RFE returned to them, your approval is right around the corner!

Edited by Christine + Blake

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Here is a true Southern recipe from the US. :) I took this recipe from the internet and completely skewed and twisted it to my own tastes, so it's truly mine! I made this for Byron the first time he visited me, and now it's a requirement that I make it every single time he visits (he can't get enough, and honestly neither can I)! Super Yummy!

Ferin's Brunswick Stew

1 large onion, chopped

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves

1 can cream-style corn

1 can whole kernel corn

1 can lima beans

1 can green beans

Approx 6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and chopped (I like large pieces)

1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes

1 12 oz bottle chili sauce

1 14 ½ oz can chicken broth

¼ cup Worcestershire sauce

¼ cup butter or margarine, cut up

2 T cider vinegar

2 t dry mustard

½ t salt

½ t pepper

½ t pepper sauce

Approx 1/3 cup chili powder (*note, use less or none if you don’t like a lot of kick like I do!)

Place onion in a 4 quart slow cooker (crockpot); place chicken over onion. Add all remaining ingredients and stir (but try not to stir the chicken/onions too much)

Cook, covered, at HIGH 4 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken, shred and return to stew. (*note, I used to use two forks to shred it, now I use a food processor, much easier!)

I like to add sour cream when I fix a bowl, goes with the “kick” quite well. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is a true Southern recipe from the US. :) I took this recipe from the internet and completely skewed and twisted it to my own tastes, so it's truly mine! I made this for Byron the first time he visited me, and now it's a requirement that I make it every single time he visits (he can't get enough, and honestly neither can I)! Super Yummy!

Ferin's Brunswick Stew

Ferin its like you read my mind, just yesterday Blake was asking me to learn how to make Brunswick Stew! This is perfect!

event.png

Timeline

Ferin its like you read my mind, just yesterday Blake was asking me to learn how to make Brunswick Stew! This is perfect!

Awesome, Thank you Jennifer for submitting a true American dish and getting USA off the "RECIPE WALL OF SHAME"!

I know Michael will enjoy this dish!

Thanks,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

ROC Process

AOS Process

K-1 Process
August 23, 2011 Approved

Timeline

DECEMBERITE THREAD MAP updated: April 26, 2011

Located on Page: 115, Post #1723

Addendum Notice: Updated April 28, 2011

NOA1 & NOA2 Required Documents located on Page 119 Post# 1773

Thank you,

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Awesome, Thank you Jennifer for submitting a true American dish and getting USA off the "RECIPE WALL OF SHAME"!

I know Michael will enjoy this dish!

Thanks,

Lise

Hey! I got the USA off the wall of shame a while ago...cajun burgers :D

Definitely not Indian, just try buying beef in Delhi lol

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Happy to help! I've had many different types of Brunswick Stew, and I honestly think mine is the best ever (tooting my horn here haha!) Byron tried some samples of other ones at the VA state fair last year, and he agrees! And like I said, I took a recipe off the internet and completely changed it(added a lot of things that weren't in the original recipe, etc), so if there are any ingredients (like veggies) you aren't fond of, you can always switch them out! :D

Enjoy!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All these approvals from VSC. Wow! I'm a little worried about my petition though. I want to know where it is and if it is okay and if someone is looking at it and it's not fallen in between the cracks of two desks or something. Oh God! :wacko: This 'close to the line' waiting is worse than the 'when is VSC going to move' waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.