Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi, just another december filer

event.png

Everything kewl with the NOA2 packet Nicholas & Tatiana? You two are close to the half way mark!!! (The 5 mos goal time from USCIS). I'm praying that all of us are going to be so prepared, that God will push our service centers to getting all of ours done early! LOL As I said, a hope and a prayer, right?:innocent:

Let us know how you're holding up!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Awwww Thanks for the song. Hey you guys really made my day today. One less tear shed waiting and being without my sweetheart this is a difficult job. But with everybody here WE will make it through December Fam!!! :crying:

Get in here Kwana ( Fred too) and say hello ya red headed little frog! We miss you!:luv:

Mari

Hi everyone!!!!

Thanks for this link...its so nice to know people are in the same boat as us!!!!

We pray every day that we just get all of this over and done with soon!!! I miss my fiance soo much- being away from him is HORRIBLE!!!!

How long is it expected to take before we recieve our NOA2's?

Thanks a bunch

Kiria

Kiria Girl! How's the wedding planning going and the NOA2 packet coming along?

Mari

Timeline

Just want to say Hello to all the other December filers. I filed Dec. 20, 2010. Happy Visa Journey!

Anthony, I'm just wondering if you ever sent that letter in that you wrote to your Senator? Any response? Please update us if so and how that went.

Thanks,

Mari

PS: please say hello to Qiong!

Timeline

Hi everyone!!!!

Thanks for this link...its so nice to know people are in the same boat as us!!!!

We pray every day that we just get all of this over and done with soon!!! I miss my fiance soo much- being away from him is HORRIBLE!!!!

How long is it expected to take before we recieve our NOA2's?

Thanks a bunch

Kiria

Hi Kiria! Did you get the wedding links (US sites) from Wendie's post yet? You can find her post on the Thread Map.

Please say hello to Daniel for us!

Mari

Timeline

Thank you guys for the invitation to this thread! We received our NOA1 on december 30st and I'm already freaking out here missing him so much! Can't wait for this process to be done with so we can start our lives together!!! The best of luck to all of us!!!!!!!! :)

Hey Raymond & Laila,

Just curious of what that RFE was about? Was it because of the fee few mos back?

Anyway, haven't heard from you in a while... so come by and say hello!

Mari

Timeline

im DEC FILER too! my NOA1 Dec. 21,2010 hoping for NOA2.goodluck to all of us guys...

Cor, will you be bringing any of the traditional Filipino elements for your wedding here?

Hugs!

Mari

All right CSC, let's approve some Octobers today

Here here!! I am so in agreement with that Matt! Where are they at as of now? Still September?

Mari

Timeline

I already posted to one of the "November 2010 Filers" threads since I mailed the package on 11/22/2010, and the "Current Case Status" page said they received it on November 30 [looking there now, I see it has changed to November 22].

NOA1 says December 1, 2010, though, so I guess that means we belong here.

:thumbs:

Dan

Dan? Did you two get engaged twice.... "retroactive Nov 2010"? How does that work? lol... I want to get engaged again, we had a sweet one!

Mari

Timeline

Thanks for the invite Mari & Kadir, such a long thread... :whistle:

Well, as you know, we´re also december filers.

I-129F was sent on 12/14/2010 and recieved on 12/20/2010.

"The last update" (don´t know what that really means) was 12/31/2010.

:crying:

We may get a RFE because in NOA1 my country (beneficiary) says "unknown" (I abbreviated it). And one of my three names is missing (yes, three) although we attached another page to clarify it because it didn´t fit in the box...

Cesar & Norah, You never did let us know if you got that RFE for abbreviating the country? (I hope not anyways) What's the status on this and how's it going with the NOA2 Packet info?

Mari

PS: The thread is long because we have kewl people like you here and it's a BIG DEC 2010 K1 FAMILY! Be Proud! lol lol....

Hello December Filers! I hope everyone is doing fine and patiently awaiting the elusive NOA2. I heard the first good news today concerning the Vermont Service Center-They actually approved quite a few people today. I know it has only been 6 weeks since our NOA1 but it definitely seems like 6 months. We wish everyone the best of luck with a very speedy and error free process!

Do you two have a wedding date planned yet?

Mari

:lol::yes::no:

sending all of you smiles for today. keep going with the positive thinking.

Happy weekend

(F) (F) (F) (F) (F) << I'm sending you roses today Swiss Missy!

Love ya!

Mari

Hi all! NOA1 date of 20th December here. One question though - my fiancee in the states has received her paper copy of the NOA1 - however I have yet to receive one myself. Is this anything to worry about? Should I even be receiving one?

Chris, how's it going with your NOA2 packet info? You and Sam are close the half way point for the USCIS Goal Date! Yippee!! Let us know how its going.

Mari

Hi guys,

I sent my 129F on 11/27/10 and received my NOA dated 12/02, my record was last touched on 12/10/10..let waiting game begin!

Hope all is well with you two and looking forward to hearing about your wedding plans!

Mari :star:

Timeline

This was orginally posted on #251. But being we have new Dec K1 members, I thought I'd put it here again.

NOA1 in hand, NOW what do I do?

For the Beneficiary of K-1 Petitioner:

Required Documentation

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), ...... will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K .
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)
  • Birth certificate
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 inch photographs. See the required photo format explained in Nonimmigrant Visa Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Note: The Consular Officer may ask for additional information, such as photographs and other proof that the relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is genuine. Documents in foreign languages, other than the language of the country in which the application takes place, should be translated. Applicants should take to the visa interview clear, legible photocopies of civil documents and translations, such as birth and divorce certificates. Original documents and translations will be returned.

Medical Examination and Vaccination Requirements

In preparing for the interview, applicants will need to schedule and complete a medical examination. Before the issuance of an immigrant or K visa, every applicant, regardless of age, must undergo a medical examination which must be performed by an authorized panel physician. You will be provided instructions regarding medical examinations from the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you will apply for your visa, including information on authorized panel physicians. See Medical Examination for more information, including a list of panel physicians by country, and frequently asked questions.

K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information.

Proof of Financial Support and Affidavit of Support Forms

During the visa interview, applicants will be required to present evidence to the Consular Officer that they will not become a public charge in the U.S. You may present evidence that you are able to financially support yourself or that your U.S. citizen fiancé(e) is able to provide support. The Consular Officer may request that a Form I-134, Affidavit of Support be submitted by the U.S. citizen fiancé(e).

The U.S. citizen fiancé(e) will need to submit Form I-864 to USCIS with the application for adjustment of status to that of legal permanent resident following the marriage.

Do the Same Income Requirements Apply to Form I-134 as Apply to Form I-864?

No. The 125 percent of the federal poverty guideline minimum income requirement, the most recent year's tax return, and other requirements only apply when Form I-864 is needed. Applicants presenting Form I-134 will need to show that their U.S. sponsor's income is 100 percent of the federal poverty guideline.

Fees - How Much Does a K-1 Visa Cost?

Fees are charged for the following services:

• Filing an Alien Fiancé(e) Petition, Form I-129F
  • Nonimmigrant visa application processing fee, Form DS-156
  • Medical examination (costs vary from post to post)
  • Other costs may include translation and photocopying charges, fees for getting the documents required for the visa application (such as passport, police certificates, birth certificates, etc.), and travel expenses to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for an interview. Costs vary from country to country and case to case.
  • Filing Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

For current fees for Department of State, see Fees for Visa Services. For current fees for USCIS, see Check Filing Fees on the USCIS website.

1. CALIF SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING TIME: https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

2. VERMONT SERVICE CENTER PROCESSING TIME: https://egov.uscis.g...TimesDisplay.do

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

Hello All! Thanks for inviting us to this forum! We received our first NOA Dec. 3. I just updated our profile with our story, if you are interested :)

I look forward to keeping up with this forum, for support and new friends!

Take care, good luck to all..

~Ferin (my real name is Jennifer, but go by Ferin)

Ferin, Hi there!

I read your profile and you know I fully understand about the waiting pains... believe me and all the rest of the Dec K1 family around here... we're all right there with you! Anyway, just wondering how you are doing since we haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all your wedding plans are coming along and be sure to check out Wendie's wedding links (see our thread map and click on page number to get you there). She's done a fabulous job putting that post together for 'the gurls" ... gives us something to do while we wait! Right!?

Hugs girl!

Mari

Timeline

It's only been two months and I'm already huddled in a corner referring to the K1 Visa as "The Preciousssss". I think I need to go outside. :lol:

LOL LOL LOL.... omg... lol :rofl: ok just so long as you don't look like that little beast when your fiance gets here! LOL You can squat like that? LOL LOL... geeze, I need to get to Yoga class or something then! LOL how the heck do you squat like that ... and then talk at same time, "precioussssssssssss" Please tell me you do not tap all your fingers together in a synchonized symphony fashion. Youi're scaring me! lol

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

Where are you on Igor's List?

I just check out Igor's list and I see that we have moved up the list!! Last I checked we were 239 or something like that... Now? #183~!! Rock on Service Centers!

I have to say it looks like there are a load of October filers though! What is up with that? Anyway, I think the last I check Igors wasn't that long ago (end of January or beginning of Feb) and now I am feeling a little bit under pressure because Kadir gets home to Turkey "MAYBE" in the next few days if it's safe to travel from Baghdad airport!

We've got all his documents finished but we still have to get English translation, update his Passport so it's extended 6 mos beyond when he gets here, his medical history, and new police report as his will have expired when our interview happens. I hate stress... I was happy to clear out our clutter before he gets here, and make simple wedding plans. Oh yeah, and work too. No issue at all. <deep breath>

Everything good... uh huh.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL LOL LOL.... omg... lol :rofl: ok just so long as you don't look like that little beast when your fiance gets here! LOL You can squat like that? LOL LOL... geeze, I need to get to Yoga class or something then! LOL how the heck do you squat like that ... and then talk at same time, "precioussssssssssss" Please tell me you do not tap all your fingers together in a synchonized symphony fashion. Youi're scaring me! lol

Oh heck no, I hope I don't end up looking like Gollom! But I really can squat like that. My fiance was amazed to see I could do it too, for as long as I remember I was able to, but I haven't got the finger thing down yet. I'm working on it. Whenever that K1 gets here, I'm sure I'll have a pretty decent impersonation! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.