Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

:reading: HEY DEC K-1 FILERS... Info: PREPARING FOR THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION & VACCINATION RECORDS:secret:

After gathering and helping our Bene's with their documents, making copies of our tax filings, paystubs, and getting extra passport fotos...we have them search for their Vaccination Records. But what happens if they can't be located? No worries.... The Approved Panel Civil Surgeon will help determine which ones you will require.

Here is the pdf. of the I-693: Medical Examination and Vaccination Record. I have also included the instructions.

You can get an idea of what the Civil Surgeon will be filling out:

Here are the Instructions for the I-693 : Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Here is the actual form for the I-693: Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693.pdf

Here is the US Travel.State.Gov Official page:

Interview Preparation: Medical Exam : http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html#Preparing_for_med_exam

Required Medical Examination (Complete before visa interview) :idea:

During the visa interview, every applicant must submit the results of a medical examination performed by an authorized panel physician. Medical examinations performed by non-authorized physicians will not be accepted. The medical examination includes a review of the applicant's medical history, physical examination, chest X-ray and blood tests. The physical examination will at least include examination of the eyes, ears, nose and throat, extremities, heart, lungs, abdomen, lymph nodes, skin and external genitalia.

Preparing for the Medical Examination

The first step in preparing for the medical examination is to determine which doctors in your area are authorized to perform a medical examination for U.S. immigration purposes. The information below shown by U.S. Embassy and Consulate, provides the authorized physician(s) contact information for you to schedule your medical examination appointment, as well as instructions related to the required medical examination.

1. <LI sizset="114" sizcache="26">Select the first three letters of your case number from the following dropdown list (the three letters are an abbreviation for the Embassy/Consulate where you will be interviewed).
  2. Then click Medical Examination for complete information about the medical examination.

- Select Case Number (Embassy) *SAMPLE NOT AVAILABLE HERE* SEE OFFICIAL SITE

Note: You must have the current version of Adobe Reader to view the Medical Examination Instructions. You may receive a "file corrupted" error message if you are using an old version. To obtain a free current copy visit http://www.adobe.com .

1. <LI sizset="124" sizcache="26">Contact one of the designated physicians to arrange your medical exam. Explain that the examination is for an immigrant visa application and give the physician the date of the interview appointment. The physician will tell you the cost of the examination and tests.
  2. Obtain the following records and bring them to your examination: :idea: *A good idea to start requesting these records now! :idea:
    • Your vaccination immunization records
    • Any prior chest x-rays
    • Copies of your medical history records
    • Your passport, identity card, laissez-passer, or travel document

I want to make sure we're on top of this, because requests for a patient history, records and copies of X-rays can take a while to obtain (esp. in some contries).

WE might be waiting on a 5+ mos goal for that NOA2, but if you think about it, we're close to half way there (2.5 mos mark). That means, there is approximately 12 weeks (3 mos) to get all the necessary paperwork completed before their interviews! That's not long folks.

We will be so prepared, we will leave no soldier behind!! ( I'm an army brat remember?)

APPROVED..... APPROVED..... APPROVED!!!

That's what we're gonna see around this thread!!!

Thanks Everyone! You're all so AMAZING!

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

NOA1 December 17th 2010. (hard copy)

Touched - January 6th 2011.

I exspect 5 months and am fully prepared for that.

Have Patience.

Time goes by fast.

:goofy: Welcome Tim & Mav to the Thread!!!:goofy:

Make yourselves at home here --- We're all one BIG happy Family!

Mari

Timeline

Hiya there! He must have them done with the Ciudad Juarez Approved Panel Civil Surgeon. Here is what I have & here is The Official Link USCIS. I couldn't find anything dated after 8/24/2009 --- So you might do more searching around.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/medical/CDJ-MED-MULT-0001-0908.pdf = US Consulate General: CIUDAD JUAREZ , MEXICO (I forgot to put the link in before)

IMMIGRANT VISA SECTION U.S. CONSULATE GENERAL, P.O. BOX 10545, EL PASO, TX 79995

NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS Recent changes to United States Immigration Law now require Immigrant Visa Applicants to obtain some of the vaccinations prior to the issuance of an immigrant visa. Panel physicians who conduct medical examinations on behalf of immigrant visa applicants are now required to verify that immigrant visa applicants have met new vaccination requirements. In order to assist the panel physician, applicants should bring with them any available vaccination records. If there is no vaccination record, the panel physician will work with you to determine which vaccinations you may need to meet the requirement. Certain waivers of the vaccination requirement are available if the panel physician concurs. Only the panel physician will determine which of the vaccinations are medically appropriate for you, given your age, medical history and current medical condition. The cost of your vaccines will depend upon the type of vaccination(s), which you may be missing. Generally the cost varies from $30 to $200 dollars per applicant, or the equivalent in Mexican pesos, plus tax (I.V.A.). The vaccination fee is separate and apart from the cost of your required medical examination. Consulate employees are not authorized to give information in reference to vaccination requirements to the general public. The only authorized agencies to give this information are the panel physicians.

See above official link for rest of information (too much for me to add here).

Regards,

Mari :star:

PS: See post on preparing for medical examination!

Timeline

I would recommend to post this Question under New Topic. And hopefully get replies from members who have been through this in that Country. We had the question about the Philipphines and recieved so many replies. It was a great help.

Hey Tim & Mav? Which consulate are you using? Your timeline says Armenia. Can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Mari

You guys are so cheery that it kind of makes me half wish I were a Dec filer!

I am currently trying to figure out if a previously requested Police check would be okay if he just went in to get fingerprinted. Or if he needs to get fingerprinted and get a new Police check.

But I've got lots of time, as we haven't even received our NoA2 hard copy yet!

How are all you guys doing over here? Enjoying the fact you're over halfway there? :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hey Tim & Mav? Which consulate are you using? Your timeline says Armenia. Can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Mari

Mari, I have no Clue. I just know California is the Service Center. Then to NVC to the Philipphines. You know, I don't know why it said "Armenia".

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mari, I have no Clue. I just know California is the Service Center. Then to NVC to the Philipphines. You know, I don't know why it said "Armenia".

Wow, Armenia is in Europe. I don't want to fly to Europe and get engaged again to a Europeon. Hhahahahhaaa. I'm trying to make humor of it. I'm really trying.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Hi Mari,

I know our partners will need medical examinations, but the way in which they go about one may be country specific. In your research, were you able to confirm that? My honey will be going to UK Consulate and that's the first I've heard of an I-693.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Timeline

You guys are so cheery that it kind of makes me half wish I were a Dec filer!

I am currently trying to figure out if a previously requested Police check would be okay if he just went in to get fingerprinted. Or if he needs to get fingerprinted and get a new Police check.

But I've got lots of time, as we haven't even received our NoA2 hard copy yet!

How are all you guys doing over here? Enjoying the fact you're over halfway there? :)

Kiwi!!! I thought your little birdie arsey was a Dec filer... Oh but wait! that's KiwiJen! LOL You can come hang out here anytime my friend!

RE: Police Report-- I dont know where and I can't find it now so keep searching this out: I thought Police Reports were only valid for 6 mos from the date it was processed. We will have to update K's once he's back in Turkey from USAF base- Iraq because we did his Police Report last Sept and it will have expired before our interview (ha ha before our 5+ month NOA2 goal date too!). We did his before he left abroad in case he was still on base when our NOA2 came [wishful thinking or just precautionary?]. They dont' have a postal system in Iraq, so me and his parents would be sending his documents in.

Thank God he won't be in Iraq for a min stay of 6 mos. If he was there for 6+ mos, we would also have to get one from his working abroad; I guess from his military security clearance? I wouldn't even know where we'd start on that one. Also, we'll need to renew his passport an additional year. The Embassy wants min of 1 yr validity and his will expire in Sept 2011--- I'm still inquiring about this with intention to call directly to the Consulate General in Ankara, Turkey.

Anyway, sorry "Birdie-Birdie" I can't help you more! I'm still inquiring myself, but when I find out? If you hang out here long enough .... <hint hint> lol, I'm bound to come up with the official answer.

WE HOPE! RIGHT? lol

Love ya!

Mari :star:

Timeline

Hi Mari,

I know our partners will need medical examinations, but the way in which they go about one may be country specific. In your research, were you able to confirm that? My honey will be going to UK Consulate and that's the first I've heard of an I-693.

Yes! Loxy Gurl, go to that official link on the US Travel.Gov (whatever it is), and then when you get there... there is a drop down menu for the Consulate General (Embassy for interview) that Mr. Loxy will attend. When you get that (London?), then that menu will direct you to the specifics of what exactly he will need to bring with him. (F) + (F) = Mr & Mrs Loxy (L)

I had all the Embassy listed but that list was SO BIG it ate up this entire thread! LOL LOL... I had to take it out. :lol:

Here ya go Sweetie!

Here is the US Travel.State.Gov Official page:

Interview Preparation: Medical Exam : http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html#Preparing_for_med_exam

Love ya to bits my friend! :luv:

Mari

PS: OK YOUR TIMELINE IS ... SEXXXXXXY! LOL LOL LOL.... well done!!! :P

EDIT: That was a very good question Mrs. Loxy!!! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: = the loxy kids lol

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Timeline

LOL ... I can't remember who else had Armenia and I asked them to! LOL She was from the PI as well so I wonder if it's the PI Timeline or something!

Wow, Armenia is in Europe. I don't want to fly to Europe and get engaged again to a Europeon. Hhahahahhaaa. I'm trying to make humor of it. I'm really trying.

OK so Tim? That's not for you today, or any other day! You're marrying Pinay!! :lol:

Timeline

Hi Mari,

ME TOO!:lol: And it stressed me out all over again just thinking about 'trying to obtain Kadir's MEDICAL records from Turkey!" LOL if you only knew what we went through to get half of his documents... omg...

The main point is to bring the Medical Records/Chest X-rays / Vaccination Hx with them if they're available.

The I-693 is what the Civil Surgeon will fill out for them upon examination.

Yanno, this is too much for me... I NEED A VACATION pretty soon! LOL LOL LOL

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm happy a lot of Decemberites are going to be able to see their loved ones soon! March seems so far away now. :lol: If everything goes well, it will be nice to see him again before the NOA2 sometime in June. Happy to see VSC is still on the ball with approvals. I hope they keep that up.

Oh yes, anyone who can, should get a copy of their vaccination records. If vaccines are cheap or free in your country, you should get them done ahead of time because I hear getting them in the US is expensive--this depends on the country your beneficiary is in of course. Two years ago I thought I would be starting my K1 journey, so I went ahead and got the HPV vaccines--then USCIS changed the regulations and HPV vaccine was no longer required. So be ready but don't be like me and get ready two years in advance! :lol:

Timeline

The main point is to bring the Medical Records/Chest X-rays / Vaccination Hx with them if they're available.

The I-693 is what the Civil Surgeon will fill out for them upon examination PLEASE SEE EDIT BELOW!

Yanno, this is too much for me... I NEED A VACATION pretty soon! LOL LOL LOL

Since I couldn't edit, I have to reply to my post.

I researched the instructions on the I-693 and this form is not submitted with Adjustment of Status: I want to clarify as this is not required of UNLESS (B), see below.

However, if the K Visa Non-Immigrant has had medical overseas, then it states in Section III, question 2:

What if I am a K-Non-immigrant Visa Holder and I already had my medical exam overseas?

"If you were admitted as a K1 Finace(e), or a K2 child of a K1 Fiance(e), etc., ... You received a medical exam prior to admission, then:

A) You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your form I-485, Application to Register as Permanent Resident, or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your medical examination, and the medical examination did not reveal Class A medical condition, or if you did have a Class A medical condition, you will receive a waiver of inadmissability and have complied with the terms and conditions on the waiver.

B) Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS-3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original, overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the vaccination report completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you are required to submit part 1 (information about you), Part 2 (the vaccination chart) and Part 5 (Civil Surgeon Certification) of Form I-693." ...... NOW IS WHEN THIS FORM IS USED....

REF USCIS: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf

Sorry about any confusion here!!

My main objective was to prepare and bring any of the Bene's medical history so the Civil Surgeon has an idea of what [ie., vaccines if necessary] to fulfill all medical requirements.

Anyway, let's get back to preparing and Loxy thank you for the question this morning! It had me thinking to research more and I was able to clarify better.

Add us too please :thumbs:

Hey there, you two! You are both actually January Filers since your NOA1 date is in January. I can add you to our list but you will be a little behind everyone. It might be better if you are added on the January thread's list. Since your NOA1 is nice and early in January you'll be a head of the game there ;) Up to you! Let me know xoxo

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.