Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Today is the worst day ever!

Dipu has been trying to get his Delhi PCC and he took two witnesses to the police station today to vouch for him but the policeman wouldn't even entertain the witnesses because they don't reside on the same block address as him. Now he has to find two witnesses from the same block address as him with proof that they live there.

He has three roommates, but all of their identification lists an address from when they lived in another flat 4 years ago before they moved to their current flat with Dipu. He doesn't really know any of his other neighbors as he mostly keeps to himself.

What to do? I hate how corrupt and backwards the Indian government is. A police clearance certificate shouldn't be based on someone vouching for you...it should be based on whether or not you've committed a crime. If they are going to base it on interviews, then who cares where the witnesses live as long as they know you well and are willing to vouch. And to top it off, everyone seems to want a bribe...heaven forbid anyone do they work for which they are already paid! I don't know how he's gonig to find two people with documentation that he knows well enough that they will vouch for him unless he can convince his roommates to update their IDs.

Ahhhhhhhh...I feel like banging my head against a wall. Thank God we started working on this early instead of waiting until we got Packet 3.

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

hi, i am as well an early December filer!! hope we all get news soon...im traveling this week to see my boyfriend in Colombia and i am so exited to see him ...hope i come back to good news!

:goofy: Welcome Diana & Julian to the Thread!!!:goofy:

Nice to see you here and look forward to seeing your posts!

Mari

PS: Be sure to check out our Thread Map and if you click on the page #'s, the hot links will take you directly to that post!

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Today is the worst day ever!

Dipu has been trying to get his Delhi PCC and he took two witnesses to the police station today to vouch for him but the policeman wouldn't even entertain the witnesses because they don't reside on the same block address as him. Now he has to find two witnesses from the same block address as him with proof that they live there.

He has three roommates, but all of their identification lists an address from when they lived in another flat 4 years ago before they moved to their current flat with Dipu. He doesn't really know any of his other neighbors as he mostly keeps to himself.

What to do? I hate how corrupt and backwards the Indian government is. A police clearance certificate shouldn't be based on someone vouching for you...it should be based on whether or not you've committed a crime. If they are going to base it on interviews, then who cares where the witnesses live as long as they know you well and are willing to vouch. And to top it off, everyone seems to want a bribe...heaven forbid anyone do they work for which they are already paid! I don't know how he's gonig to find two people with documentation that he knows well enough that they will vouch for him unless he can convince his roommates to update their IDs.

Ahhhhhhhh...I feel like banging my head against a wall. Thank God we started working on this early instead of waiting until we got Packet 3.

:reading: To All Dec 2010 K-1 Filers: :reading:

This is the kind of stuff which Bec has described that I am talking about, and why it was so important to start collecting those documents for our Beneficiary's Interview MONTHS before we even get that NOA2. In some countries (such as where Dipu is in India), official records are not so easily obtained. Thus, it could take up to 3-5 mos at times to get a simple long form birth certificate, or military discharge, or medical history.

PLEASE DO NOT WAIT FOR THE NOA2 to get into your mailbox to get these documents started! Be overly prepared for hiccups in foreign goverment systems that could delay you later.

Thank you Bec for posting this. I am wondering if Dipu can use his family members as witnesses? You're right, that's ridiculous the witness must live on same street! I am sure there is a solution to this overall.

Best,

Mari

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

:reading: To All Dec 2010 K-1 Filers: :reading:

Thank you Bec for posting this. I am wondering if Dipu can use his family members as witnesses? You're right, that's ridiculous the witness must live on same street! I am sure there is a solution to this overall.

Best,

Mari

Dipu currently resides in Delhi but he is from the Eastern part of India, Assam. His family still resides there so they can stand as witness when he gets his Police and Passport Clearance Certificates from there but they can't stand for him in Delhi. He will have to bribe his way out of using people from his block or he will have to convince his roommates to go through the effort of updating their IDs and then vouching for him to the police.

What a pain-in-the-you-know-what.

He's travelling to his hometown in March to get those certificates. He shouldn't have any problems there. Just Delhi...it figures for a city that just had 30 police officers indicted for various counts of molestation, sexual harrassment and dowry harrassment. Thank God America believes in 1)lines 2) established fees and 3)standardization. I can't believe the second most populated country in the world (India) has these issues.

The most stressful part is that there is nothing I can do to help him. This and the interview are the two parts where he is completely on his own. Everything else we can work together on. So fustrating. :angry:

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Hi all!!

I have been suitably reprimanded by Mari for being so slack...so I am back and saying hi to everyone!!!!

I am off to see my honey in 2 weeks and cant wait.

Not sure if any of you have heard but a New Zealand city had a devastating earthquake a few hours ago and already the death toll is at 65 - our friends in the USA and Australia have already sent help and prayers and I am hoping you all have a few spare as well.

Take care all

Xx

Dec 3. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 5. 2010 - I-129F delivered to Dallas Lockbox

Dec 8. 2010 - NOA1

Jan 10 2011 - Touched

Mar 22 2011 - Touched

Apr 26 2011 - NOA2

Jun 03 2011 - Medical

Jun 07 2011 - Interview

Jun 10 2011 - POE LAX (Yuck) hehe

event.png

Just to update...I've added a link to the image where our timeline will be updated daily. It's in my signature so you guys can check it anytime.

Also - I will be removing any members that are inactive so we can get a good trend on when we should expect to see things move, unlike Igors list.

I suppose inactive members would be folks that have no updates once we are well past NOA2 period unless we hear something from them.

xo.

Hi DizzyLox,

Kindly add me up.

Very much appreciated. Thank you.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

:energy:Welcome Jay & CiCi to the Thread!!!:energy:

Be sure to check out the Thread Map (*click on underlined page numbers to take you to the post)

Happy to see you here!

Mari

Timeline

:reading:HEY DEC K1 2010 THREAD!! GET UPDATED ON THE NEWS AROUND HERE!! :secret:

*** You're going to see this message with updates around in future posts so ALL OF US can get ready for each step of the Visa Journey! !***

Here are the previous post that will give you Thread Map for the USCIS links & information Currently, we're working on preparation of Packet #2 & Request to be Added to Timeline

• Page 17 ..............................Post # 251....................Packet #2 List ** PLEASE DO NOT MISS THIS**
  • Page 7................................. Post # 98..................... Your NOA1 Date
  • Page 20 .............................. Post # 288 ..................Timeline By DizzyLox with Dec Filer's Daily Updated List (click on link below chart)
  • Page 20............................... Post # 288.................. ADD ME to TIMELINE (Hit Reply for Dizzylox to Request Dizzy to Add you)
  • Page 10 ...............................Post # 142.................. Dec K1 2010 Thread's GAME PLAN
  • Page 11............................... Post #151....................USCIS Service Center's EMAIL ADDRESSES & HEADQUARTER's SERVICE CENTER OPERATIONS
  • Page 17................................Post #251....................CSC & VSC Processing Time (not a promise or a guarantee)
  • Page 20................................Post #294 ...................Igor's List CSC & VSC (Your place in line = approximation)
  • Page 22 & Page 22............Post #316 &329.........Preparation for Medical Examination // Amendment post# 329
  • Page 23 .............................. Post# 341.....................CDC & Immigration Criteria for required vaccinations (record & history review for beneficiary)
  • Page 23................................Post #345.....................Best Wedding links by Wendie

Thanks Everybody You're THE BEST!!!

Mari :dance:

Timeline

Hi all!!

I have been suitably reprimanded by Mari for being so slack...so I am back and saying hi to everyone!!!!

I am off to see my honey in 2 weeks and cant wait.

Not sure if any of you have heard but a New Zealand city had a devastating earthquake a few hours ago and already the death toll is at 65 - our friends in the USA and Australia have already sent help and prayers and I am hoping you all have a few spare as well.

Take care all

Xx

LOL Jen! I didn't reprimand you, I lovingly encouraged you to come say hello! Besides, I wanted to check in on you since the earthquake hit. I saw the news this morning and hope that you and all your family are safe. Jen, Please let us know when you are here (for your visit), and give us an update of Kiwi-land. OK?

Love,

Mari

Timeline

Hello, just want to say thank you for inviting Me & Jen to this thread, the information here is really great!!

Hi there you two! Just check in to see how you're doing?!

Come say hello to the Dec 2010 Thread ok!

Mari

PS: How's it going with the collection of documents for Jen (beneficiary)?

Timeline

I sent the I129F packet on 12/10.

Check cashed on 12/15

Nothing yet (no e mail, no NOA1)

Mow it's time for the waiting game....

Hey Adi & Pim! You two have been kinda quiet over there... thought I'd send you a hello. But I have question? Why does your consulate (on timeline) say, Armenia? I thought it was Thailand?

Come say hello when you get a chance!

Mari

Timeline

I keep reminding myself to stay positive and remember it will be our turn before we know it!!! :star:

Hey there Stargazer! Did you forget about your Dec K-1'er family over here? LOL LOL... get in here and say hello once in a while. You're missed!:luv:

Mari

Timeline

Oh that's cool! Thanks for putting that together. I love Excel too. :) I'm so excited for this year! I just want time to pass super fast. I miss my sweetie. I got to spend New Years w/ him but won't get to see him again until May. :(

OK so Jamila... lol, since you love Excel, I am wondering if you might be interested in a 'little Dec 2010 K-1 Thread" job? :whistle: Yanno, just a little some to help organize everyone for the NOA2, etc.

Email me Twinsie!

Love ya!

Mari

Timeline

I really appreciate the invite!!!! Good luck to all of us!!!!!

:luv: I & H :luv: Wondering how you two are doing and how the NOA2 documents are coming along?

Mari (F)

Timeline

December filer.....

Francis & Claudia ... Come say hello in the Dec Thread and let us know how any wedding plans are going!

Mari

Thank you, Mari!

I finally got my ticker to work...sorry about the numerous (identical) posts. I would delete the others if this interface were more user friendly. Also, it is "Zoey" and not "Zoe"...just a minor issue though.

Enjoy your day,

Lorn

Hey Lorn! Please give Zoey the our Wedding links (from Wendie's Wedding links post --- see thread map!). BTW, haven't heard much from you and you usually post 10 of the same posts at a time! LOL :lol: Where you been Lorn?

Mari

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.