Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great job on the chart, Dizzy. I'm always amazed to see it because I can't believe I'm now 50 days away from 5 months. It might not mean much at VSC but it's shocking (in a good way!) to note that it'll be less than two months to when I'm supposed to hear from my service center. Nice!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Dear December 2010 K1 Family...

Regarding: USC CHANGE OF ADDRESS

While reading Ben and also Bec's post this morning, I was moved to check my status on the USCIS website. OK, so we got a 'touch' today. Yippee they moved our file! But then I realized I never changed my mailing address. So as I reviewed the instructions and followed the bouncing ball.... If you are the USC, the law says that we are not required to fill out the AR-11. In fact, they let us do it online! Convenience at its best! I came to the drop down menu where it asks the following:

1. You are: beneficary/ applicant --- I pick this one for applicant.

(or a representative - lawyer for example)

2. Your Status (in the USA): I was born here! So where is USC at?? Not listed! Uh-oh, don't pick wrong one or get RFE.

• other
  • permanent resident
  • student
  • vistor

3. Country you were born: USA

then it continues with the rest of the inquiry (old addy, new addy, bene's name, etc)

So I figure I am either a Permanent Resident or an "Other" ... but which? What is the definition of "other"? LOL ... lol, I mumble, "illegal SOB?" lol lol lol... humour you know? I dig up the USCIS phone number for a very general question of which one I am and felt quite stupid to be very honest. After choosing the proper fone tree menu, I get a really kewl dude named, Jesse! OMG talk about very helpful? In fact, he asked if I wanted to know the status on our pending case. I said no, It will be till Kingdome Come ... lol, I just want to know what the definition is of "Other", and if I am that on the change of addy online drop down menu, page 2? So he put me on hold, gets back on and says, I'm not allowed to say which one you choose but, a Permanent Resident is somebody that is almost a citizen because they have a 'green card'. OK, so like my fiance after we marry? Yes, that is correct he says. OK then am I an Other? "Not allowed to tell you what to put. Well, by process of elimination I'm not a green card holder, I am not here with student or visitor's visa.. I'm an Other if I'm an USC! But I did mention to him, that part of the questionaire is not clear by definition and we need a USC choice too. He laughed and agreed with me.

He was great and asked me again if I wanted to check my status. I said no, cuz I don't want you to tell me not to call back in 60 days! LOL we both laughed and he said, no it's not a problem. I said I'm not here to complain... I hate whiney. So they MOVED my NOA1 date on the site to Dec 1st? I'm not sure why because that is the date they said they got it and our date online used to say Dec 2nd which matches the date on our NOA1 as the receipt number. We're still pending. Since I wanted to make sure they had my correct phone number, I could do that on my website profile "Sign up for Electronic Notice" page which lets you update your email and fone # too. Anyway, Jesse said, they only text you or email when they get they're sending NOA1, RFE, or NOA2, etc.

I did get a confirmation from USCIS that my address was electronically changed and they would be sending paper via mail (or maybe email too... not sure). Printed page, saved page to our USCIS file on pc too. Done! One more thing out of my way. Good.

That's the synopsis! Everybody sit tight, they're moving AT BOTH SERVICE CENTERS one day at a time!

Love you all!!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

lmao at VSC "fondling" you. I feel left out, too. But from what I hear that's not always a bad sign!!

Updated 3.21.2011.

WE're halfway there, guys! chin up :)

9jk389.png

Touch today for us too, DiZZyLoX :thumbs:

Ben

10/23/2009 - Met on eHarmony

09/20/2010 - Got engaged at the top of the London Eye 🙂

11/24/2010 - I-129F sent to Texas dropbox

11/29/2010 - I-129F received by CSC

03/21/2011 - Touched!

04/18/2011 - NOA2 approved by CSC 4 months 3 weeks after NOA1

07/18/2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!

09/20/2011 - Married!

10/11/2011 - AOS package mailed to Chicago lockbox

10/18/2011 - AOS package routed to National Benefits Center for processing

10/19/2011 - I-765 EAD noted on USCIS site

10/22/2011 - I-797C for AOS and EAD received

11/08/2011 - AOS file transferred to CSC

11/10/2011 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

12/12/2011 - Green card received dated 11/23/11

09/20/2013 - I-751 sent to CSC

09/23/2013 - I-751 received at CSC - NOA1

10/18/2013 - Biometrics appointment in SLC

08/29/2020 - N400 Application submitted online

08/29/2020 - N400 fee taken

01/20/2021 - Biometrics re-use notification

04/14/2021 - Interview scheduled notification

05/11/2021 - Interview!

05/11/2021 - N-400 Recommended for Naturalization!

06/02/2021 - Naturalization oath ceremony!

Timeline

Touch today for us too, DiZZyLoX :thumbs:

LOL OK why is it that I am anxious when I see touch! Like I'm scared of it or something... sheesh. My friends who are IR1/CR1 (different from our group cuz married already), got 8 touches & 7 mos till NOA2. That's why it freaks me out. LOL I'm not so sure how great" fondling" is lol.... (which is what we should call it now thanks to Bec's little term of endearment lol)

Anyway Diz... Update for Timeline: Ben, me = touched today 3/21//2011 and gyselle? (Did she get the NOA2?)

Love ya and I love your Timeline gurl!!! Perfected & brilliant like you are sistah!

Mari

Timeline

If they're pushing up the date that can't be a bad thing! lol. But since I'm at VSC... I won't even bother checking. I know NOTHING has changed there!

Nikki Niks!!! :luv:

Good to see you posting!! Hey was wondering if you might share a recipe from "Jamaica Man" ... mmmmm I remember the food.... patwa accents and beautiful beaches! C'mon gurl, how about a "jerk" ??

Hugs Sweetie!

Mari

Timeline

Thank you for your "review" of the SF questioning KiwiJen.

I'll be making the same trip soon to SF as well...and its good to know we NOA1s can just visit :)

Hope you are having a great time with your fiance in SF!

Hey Gyselle!!! You never told us if you got the NOA2 for sure or what. I want to congratulate you if so!!!

Glad to see your posting!:star:

Hugs,

Mari

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks guys a lot for support!!!!!!! It's so great to join you! Yeah for sure we lucky to be in CSC =) and really i'm with you in the same boat ahhahaha

Mari, we dont have any plans for wedding, because we both are just students and dont have enaugh money....but we will have very beautiful wedding in 2013 in Greek Ortodoxian church, we want planning everything being already together in USA

23_02_4E5FE440_LwLaLiLtLiLnLgPLfLoLrPLaPLGLrLeLeLnPLCLaLrLdPX28LiX2D485X29_20_27_comic.png

09.01.2011 USCIS received our petition for I-485

09.21.2011 got NOA-1

09.27.2011 RFE

10.27.2011 Biometrics

10.28.2011 AP Approved and mailed

11.04.2011 EAD Approved and mailed

11.07.2011 EAD+AP combo card received

11.10.2011 Scheduled interview for 15th of Dec

Timeline

Thanks guys a lot for support!!!!!!! It's so great to join you! Yeah for sure we lucky to be in CSC =) and really i'm with you in the same boat ahhahaha

Mari, we dont have any plans for wedding, because we both are just students and dont have enaugh money....but we will have very beautiful wedding in 2013 in Greek Ortodoxian church, we want planning everything being already together in USA

Wow kewl, your wedding is going to be stunning! So will you also marry when you arrive here (in a very short time you're coming... :innocent: we pray/hope) to satisfy the 90days to marry -- Visa Statute? Kadir and I thought we'd marry here first, and then go to Turkey and have simple family 'vows' & reception there later too. But budget is in the mix and so who knows at this point. At any rate, our marriage will be registered in Turkey when we fill out the documents for US Marriage license. This is called the Apostille & Int'l Marriage Certificate. Thus, both countries have full knowledge & recognizes our marriage.

Glad you could join the Decemberite Family!!!

Mari

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

How's everyones waiting going?

I just have a few questions. i just look at USCIS site to check our case status update and I see this

On November 26, 2010, we received this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or contact our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

It use to say Dec 1, 2010.

I wonder what happen?

Thanks

"Great thing happens for those who waits"

Timeline

Wow kewl, your wedding is going to be stunning! So will you also marry when you arrive here (in a very short time you're coming... :innocent: we pray/hope) to satisfy the 90days to marry -- Visa Statute? Kadir and I thought we'd marry here first, and then go to Turkey and have simple family 'vows' & reception there later too. But budget is in the mix and so who knows at this point. At any rate, our marriage will be registered in Turkey when we fill out the documents for US Marriage license. This is called the Apostille & Int'l Marriage Certificate. Thus, both countries have full knowledge & recognizes our marriage.

Glad you could join the Decemberite Family!!!

Mari

We will just married in first month in a court, just for documents! I see most people got "touches" today and updates, but not we..... =( our "Last Update is 02-18-2011".....i'm so upset!!!!!! Bu keeping pray and hope God is hearing everyone of us! Guys we are together and i love that!!!!

23_02_4E5FE440_LwLaLiLtLiLnLgPLfLoLrPLaPLGLrLeLeLnPLCLaLrLdPX28LiX2D485X29_20_27_comic.png

09.21.2011 got NOA-1

09.27.2011 RFE

10.27.2011 Biometrics

Timeline

How you will know when you get touch? What does it say?

Thanks

You should go to your account in USCIS site and get to your Portfolio, there must be a Last Update!!!

09.21.2011 got NOA-1

09.27.2011 RFE

10.27.2011 Biometrics

Timeline

:energy: Welcome Philip & Anzhelika to the Thread! :energy:

Happy to hear about your plans and please join our Fitness Challenge!

Our Thread Map will help you get around for great information.

Mari

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.