perritonegro

Fastest way to bring my wife here from Brazil

31 posts in this topic

Greetings community!  I have not posted in many years, so I'm glad to see that this forum is still here.  Many things have changed for me.  Namely, after my marriage ended (very quickly, and badly) in divorce, I thought I'd be single the rest of my life.  UNTIL... I met an amazing woman in Brazil.  She is everything I've prayed for for 35 years, and so much more.  I'm going to meet her and her son in person in August.  We're planning to do a virtual wedding through Utah County (https://www.utahcounty.gov/dept/clerk/marriage/faq.html) BEFORE my scheduled trip to Brazil, then file for a CR1 visa.  Therein lies my question.  Many things have changed regarding the visa selection and process, since I married the shill from Ukraine. 

1) is CR1 our best option?  Her son is 8.  She is a widow

2) I'm in Washington State.  Which US embassy is moving fastest?  I ask this because we have a timeline that we're dealing with, and we need them to be here before the end of the year...  Nothing criminal, just some personal reasons.

3)  Any HELPFUL advice is welcome. 

4) I am a US Citizen

5) This will be my 2nd marriage to an overseas woman

6) I've heard that they have done away with interviews. Can this be confirmed?

Edited by perritonegro

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Third time lucky?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 hour ago, perritonegro said:

Greetings community!  I have not posted in many years, so I'm glad to see that this forum is still here.  Many things have changed for me.  Namely, after my marriage ended (very quickly, and badly) in divorce, I thought I'd be single the rest of my life.  UNTIL... I met an amazing woman in Brazil.  She is everything I've prayed for for 35 years, and so much more.  I'm going to meet her and her son in person in August.  We're planning to do a virtual wedding through Utah County (https://www.utahcounty.gov/dept/clerk/marriage/faq.html) BEFORE my scheduled trip to Brazil, then file for a CR1 visa.  Therein lies my question.  Many things have changed regarding the visa selection and process, since I married the shill from Ukraine. 

1) is CR1 our best option?  Her son is 8.  She is a widow

2) I'm in Washington State.  Which US embassy is moving fastest?  I ask this because we have a timeline that we're dealing with, and we need them to be here before the end of the year...  Nothing criminal, just some personal reasons.

3)  Any HELPFUL advice is welcome. 

4) I am a US Citizen

5) This will be my 2nd marriage to an overseas woman

6) I've heard that they have done away with interviews. Can this be confirmed?

"Many things have changed regarding the visa selection and process"

Most things are exactly the same, just longer delays.

If her son is not the son of her late husband, she will need permission/documented agreement to leave the country with him. 

Marrying before meeting each other is a bad idea.  Utah Zoom marriage is also feasible after meeting, when you're together.  How long are you planning to visit them?

The state where you reside has, usually, zero effect on the duration of the process.  "Which embassy is moving fastest?" is also not relevant, unless she has multiple citizenships, or she currently lives abroad [from your post, I understand that she's a Brazilian, living in Brazil.  Is that correct?]

48 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Third time lucky?

Tale as ol' as time.

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Good advice already, but assuming her son will come with her, you'll need a CR1 visa and a CR2 visa.  You'll file petitions for each of them.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

4 hours ago, .yana said:

So you were scammed before yet you are committing to marrying a woman having never met her in-person?

You know what they say - fool me once... 

He has a son with the first wife. I’m thinking it wasn’t all a scam… 

One thing that will be different is the amount you need to sponsor your future wife and stepson… @perritonegro did your ex become a citizen? Is your son still a dependent on your taxes? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.