KitcatM

Medical packet taken at POE

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

My husband gave his sealed embassy packet and his medical packet to the CBP officer at POE. St Louis isn’t a major POE and several of the officers were confused with what to do with the packets as they’ve only dealt with electronic packages. Long story short what do we do since his medical forms were taken and we are filing for AOS?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
46 minutes ago, KitcatM said:

Long story short what do we do since his medical forms were taken and we are filing for AOS?

Just chill out, nothing to do. You would be in a problem later with the uscis if they hadn't taken it.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, KitcatM said:

what do we do since his medical forms were taken and we are filing for AOS?

options:

1. Get a new medical now and submit it with I-485

2. Wait an RFE (if one is sent) or a deficiency notice. The former indicates your interview is likely to be waived. The latter indicates you should have a medical done prior to interview. 

It is possible USCIS won’t ask for a medical since it might assume one was done to get the K-1.  So if money is tight do option 2.  

Edited by Mike E

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

options:

2. Wait an RFE (if one is sent) or a deficiency notice. The former indicates your interview is likely to be waived. The latter indicates you should have a medical done prior to interview. 

It is possible USCIS won’t ask for a medical since it might assume one was done to get the K-1.  So if money is tight do option 2.  

This info is completely false. 

The OP is a K1. Their medical forms were sealed inside of the K1 visa packet. 

The OP ended up giving their OWN copy of their medical documents (their personal Ds3025 and Xray CD) to CBP when they didn't need to. 

OP, all you need to do is email your panel physician asking for an additional personal copy of your Ds3025.

That's all you need to do.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

This info is completely false.

The OP is a K1.

yeah I’ve experienced the process. 

Their medical forms were sealed inside of the K1 visa packet

So IOW USCIS likely received the medical.  Yes or no?

The OP ended up giving their OWN copy of their medical documents (their personal Ds3025 and Xray CD) to CBP when they didn't need to.

Not disputing that.  Why does OP care?

OP, all you need to do is email your panel physician

Maybe panel physicians in Canada are that responsive.  I know of at least one country where they aren’t and this would be a waste of time.  Can’t say about Italy.  

asking for an additional personal copy of your Ds3025.

That's all you need to do.

And do what  with it?

No mention of sending a copy of DS-3025 with the I-485 package.  

Edited by Mike E

7 hours ago, KitcatM said:

My husband gave his sealed embassy packet and his medical packet to the CBP officer at POE. St Louis isn’t a major POE and several of the officers were confused with what to do with the packets as they’ve only dealt with electronic packages. Long story short what do we do since his medical forms were taken and we are filing for AOS?

Brava! He made it! You are a success story ! Great Consular Officers do exist. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Why would he bring out his own copy of the medical and hand it over to CBP? Either way, likely not an issue, he just doesn't have his copy anymore. But back when I filed for AOS we were recommended to send a copy of the vaccination work sheet with the AOS application, not sure if that was actually needed? USCIS should have the whole thing since it's in the sealed envelope. 

Hopefully the CBP officer knows to send the envelope to USCIS at least. 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Timeline
3 hours ago, Family said:

Brava! He made it! You are a success story ! Great Consular Officers do exist. 

Yes! He said the interview was so easy going and he didn’t know why he was so stressed. 

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Why would he bring out his own copy of the medical and hand it over to CBP?

He remembers being told at his interview to hand over both packets to immigration and he was so exhausted and frustrated for sitting there for two hours, he wasn’t worried about anything but getting out of that room. The CBP officers had only seen electronic packages so they just took everything and wouldn’t know that he should get his copies back. 

We’re going to call over to the airport to see if they happen to still have his copies and also try calling the medical center to see if we could get a copy as well. 

Thank you everyone for the responses. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
12 hours ago, Mike E said:

options:

Why should he do a new medical? CBP has the medical and somebody hopefully figured out where it needs to go. 

A deficiency notice itself doesn't mean USCIS won't have his medical. Many people received the notice and had no problems during the interview. If at all OP can call around for a physician to have one at hand to go to IF at the interview USCIS request a new medical cause they don't have his. Everything else is likely wasted money.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

Why would he bring out his own copy of the medical and hand it over to CBP? Either way, likely not an issue, he just doesn't have his copy anymore. But back when I filed for AOS we were recommended to send a copy of the vaccination work sheet with the AOS application, not sure if that was actually needed? USCIS should have the whole thing since it's in the sealed envelope. 

Hopefully the CBP officer knows to send the envelope to USCIS at least. 

It's not needed per the instructions but recommended so the IO has it in hand without waiting for the medical to come out of storage.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What international airline flies directly to St. Louis? Sounds weird to me

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Why does it sound weird ? Lufthansa, Air Canada are two that I can see.. smaller airports offer cheaper landing costs, easier access and less delays than the larger airports.. and incentives are often offered to entice airlines to use the smaller airport 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, etrangais said:

Salt Lake City has an international Airport as well. There are some hidden far inland that I wouldn't expect either tbh 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.