Den den

Can you hide your travel history in the interview with the consular

66 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Den den said:

I have two nationality, the passport I travel to Morocco is not the one I use for the USCIS/NVC. MAHAMADOU is the document I travel to Morocco and Muhammad in USCIS/NVC.

That is not an issue: you have two names, two passports, two nationalities. More common than what you think. By not discolsing you're making a huge problem where there was none.

Just disclose that on any form, get your police certificate from Morocco and problem solved. 

Edited by Allaboutwaiting

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Den den said:

I have two nationality, the passport I travel to Morocco is not the one I use for the USCIS/NVC. MAHAMADOU is the document I travel to Morocco and Muhammad in USCIS/NVC.

You have 2 passports? 

You are hiding the Moroccan passport from USCIS?

Any reason why you are using the other passport (Hungary?) instead of the Moroccan one? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Den den said:

I’m assuming you signed documents that led you to obtain those passports with the wrong name. You signed those forms saying that the information was true. Why did you do that?

It’s not just a tiny spelling difference. It’s a whole different name.

1 minute ago, Lemonslice said:

No matter how deliberate it was, I still stand with fix it/tell the truth from now on.  Stop digging!

Never said the opposite.

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline

OP, I’m not being mean, but everyone or most everyone in here is saying “fake documents” because it is not just a typo. It’s two different names with two different birth dates. That is a whole different identity. 
Why are you using two different passports? Moreover, even if it was a genuine mistake in the spelling or birth date, you know full well that when you submit the forms that lead to your passport you have to check your information and sign. That signature means that whatever information is in those forms is correct and accurate.

You were operating under two different identities, with two different names and birth dates, and two different passports. The fact that you have two nationalities here is irrelevant. I don’t know why you bring that up. In addition, you lied in the DS-260 that you already sent. 
I definitely think this is not a DIY. You need to get an attorney from Morocco, and ask the attorney to get the police records with you. Then you also need to get a US attorney and he’ll tell you how to disclose the truth at the interview. DHS will want to know why you hid previous travels, and that is going to open up a can of worms for which you need to be prepared. Best of luck.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Den den said:

I have never completed a DS-260. However reviewing the questions, it asks

- Have you ever used other names (i.e., maiden, religious, professional, alias, etc.)?

- Do you hold or have you held a nationality other than the one you have indicated above?

How did you answer these ones? Assuming you did not?

I'm guessing when an application asks the applicant for several important pieces of information that were not declared, then simply completing a new application with all the important information after the fact would not give me, as an immigration officer good vibes about who is sitting in front of me. Good luck on your journey. 

H1B: Feb 2001 (London)

L1A:  Jan 2014 (London)

AOS: May 24th 2016 - June 20th 2017

N400: March 23rd 2020 - June 29th 2021

Passport: July 1st 2021 - August 30th 2021

Social Security: July 1st 2021 - October 5th 2021

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think the U.S. petitioner needs to come here so we can better understand exactly what you're trying to say as it seems your English isn't the best and a lot of things are getting lost in translation. My husband is Jordanian and he had a problem with different spellings of his name on different documents from police reports to his passport and his college degree. The reason being is when people translate Arabic, some letters do not translate exact from Arabic to English, so each individual translator would translate his name a little differently. It was never a problem with USCIS(or NVC, the consulate or DOS) because I assume, they know it happens all of the time. BUT, there was never a difference in his date of birth and we need to know why this is. It doesn't seem(to me at least) that the different spellings of your name was deliberate, it was just part of the translation process. The date of birth, is a different story. 

Edited by Cathi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
1 hour ago, MarJhi said:

Hi everyone!

I want to know if someone can hide there travel history from the consular officer, like telling them you never traveled but definitely you did.

Telling them you never travelled when you say you really did is lying

It's not because you're a criminal but you can't provide a police certificate from that country you traveled to before because you use different documents in that country with what you are using in NVC. that country they don't have a record of you with that name and nationality.

So what you are saying is you have dual citizenship between Morrocco and Hungary and in each country your name is spelled a different way, same name, just a different spelling?

So any advice how to fix this should I you tell the consular officer that you never traveled or what?

Always tell the truth. What you think is a tiny omission will be seen as a LIE, then they will wonder why and think there is much more you are hiding. By the way, nobody on here is going to advise you to lie, omit or misrepresent your way into the US.

Please advices!

And is it possible to hide the travel history are they gonna know you traveled before. Do they work with foreign countries to know that.

I assume you used a passport to travel between countries, in which case there will most likely be a record of that. 

Confused!

We are confused too. You are digging a hole.

Thank you so much for the elaboration!

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

OP, I’m not being mean, but everyone or most everyone in here is saying “fake documents” because it is not just a typo. It’s two different names with two different birth dates. That is a whole different identity. 
Why are you using two different passports? Moreover, even if it was a genuine mistake in the spelling or birth date, you know full well that when you submit the forms that lead to your passport you have to check your information and sign. That signature means that whatever information is in those forms is correct and accurate.

You were operating under two different identities, with two different names and birth dates, and two different passports. The fact that you have two nationalities here is irrelevant. I don’t know why you bring that up. In addition, you lied in the DS-260 that you already sent. 
I definitely think this is not a DIY. You need to get an attorney from Morocco, and ask the attorney to get the police records with you. Then you also need to get a US attorney and he’ll tell you how to disclose the truth at the interview. DHS will want to know why you hid previous travels, and that is going to open up a can of worms for which you need to be prepared. Best of luck.

What's DHS?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Den den said:

What's DHS?

Department of Homeland Security

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Department of Homeland Security

How is going to reach to Department homeland security?

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

I still want to know why you have a different birthday. So you realize you have two passports, from two countries and you are a totally different person with name and age.

You don't even know what the discrepancy between dates is: it could be different by a day or a month. 

That can happen more often than you think because of a clerical error and people simply leave it as is rather than fixing it -having to deal with bureaucracy is something no one looks forward to-.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.