Liz66

My fiance was denied - what do we do next?

72 posts in this topic

It depends on the reasons for denial, which should have been explained to him both verbally and in writing. What reasons was he given?

Also, are you part of the US military? As you posted in the Military Immigration-Related Forum. If you are not, I will move this thread to the K1 forum.

21 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

My fiance was denied in his interview,  what are our options

Age difference with the woman being significantly older?  Not the first immigrant you've tried to bring over?

Usually denials are related to red flags that may or may not be overcome by getting married and spending lots of time together.  Or, moving to his country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You can marry and file a CR1

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, Liz66 said:

My fiance was denied in his interview,  what are our options

Try to contact your local representative and ask them to contact the embassy to try to get another interview.. but you will have to load them up with lots of evidence

4 hours ago, Liz66 said:

My fiance was denied in his interview

Are you sure he was denied?  Was he told explicitly that his visa application is denied or that he is not eligible for the visa?  If not, maybe he was just temporarily refused?  If he was in fact denied, you will need to get as much info as you can about what was said at the interview.  There may have been issues brought up by the consul officer that you and your fiance will need to overcome in order to proceed with the immigration process.

Timeline
10 hours ago, Adventine said:

It depends on the reasons for denial, which should have been explained to him both verbally and in writing. What reasons was he given?

Also, are you part of the US military? As you posted in the Military Immigration-Related Forum. If you are not, I will move this thread to the K1 forum.

This is my first time posting and wasnt aware I posted in a military forum.. thank you for your help.

He never received anything in writing. The status still shows approved on our end. I am only 5 years older than he so the age is not a factor.  His brother submitted an 2nd affidavit of support as well because I only make $55 a year and I have to be able to support both of us. I don't know what happened. I'm broken-hearted 

8 hours ago, ReshSamir said:

Try to contact your local representative and ask them to contact the embassy to try to get another interview.. but you will have to load them up with lots of evidence

Good idea, I will do that

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
8 hours ago, ReshSamir said:

No local representative can do that.

OP: Did the CO tell your fiance that he is denied? What's the status on ceac, not uscis?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

He never received anything in writing. The status still shows approved on our end. I am only 5 years older than he so the age is not a factor.  His brother submitted an 2nd affidavit of support as well because I only make $55 a year and I have to be able to support both of us. I don't know what happened.

Morocco is a difficult embassy for US visas because of high fraud.  How much time did you spend, together, in person?  What evidence of those visits did you submit with the I-129F petition?  If his K-1 visa was, in fact, denied, the best path forward is to spend more time together in person, multiple trips and weeks/months, keep all of the evidence to show that time, get married, and file an I-130 petition for a spousal visa, which will take 1-2 years.  Also do as much co-mingling of finances as you can while living in separate countries (we sent joint credit card statements, IRS tax transcripts filed jointly as married, and other documents to show my husband is a beneficiary of my life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, plus wills, living wills, powers of attorney).  Front load all of the evidence of time spent together and financial co-mingling with the I-130 petition, then do more visits and financial co-mingling while waiting 1-2 years for the visa interview and side-load that evidence at the NVC stage.  I also recommend that you get a better-paying job or two jobs while waiting, so you can be the sole financial sponsor if possible.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Timeline
4 minutes ago, arken said:

No local representative can do that.

OP: Did the CO tell your fiance that he is denied? What's the status on ceac, not uscis?

Can you tell me what ceac is. The uscis says approved since June 2020. I texed my fiance to see about additional information or documentation he can share. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, carmel34 said:

Morocco is a difficult embassy for US visas because of high fraud.  How much time did you spend, together, in person?  What evidence of those visits did you submit with the I-129F petition?  If his K-1 visa was, in fact, denied, the best path forward is to spend more time together in person, multiple trips and weeks/months, keep all of the evidence to show that time, get married, and file an I-130 petition for a spousal visa, which will take 1-2 years.  Also do as much co-mingling of finances as you can while living in separate countries (we sent joint credit card statements, IRS tax transcripts filed jointly as married, and other documents to show my husband is a beneficiary of my life insurance, health insurance, dental insurance, plus wills, living wills, powers of attorney).  Good luck!

We spent 3 months talking online and then I visited him for 1 week. Presented lots of pictures. I am working with my fiance to  see if he has something in writing.  Thanks so much. I. Think the next step may be I have to go back. And marry him there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

We spent 3 months talking online and then I visited him for 1 week. Presented lots of pictures. I am working with my fiance to  see if he has something in writing.  Thanks so much. I. Think the next step may be I have to go back. And marry him there

Agreed 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

Can you tell me what ceac is. The uscis says approved since June 2020. I texed my fiance to see about additional information or documentation he can share. 

Uscis approval is for i129f, not for the visa.

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Liz66 said:

Yea all those pictures unfortunately carry little weight with such a short meeting. For Morocco you'll need way more time together and probably have to go the spousal route. Wouldn't try for another K1 there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.