Captain Ewok

US to Lift Travel Ban for Fully Vaccinated Travelers to the US

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Summary:

The U.S. will ease travel restrictions for international visitors who are vaccinated against Covid-19 in November, including those from the U.K. and EU, the White House said Monday.

Noncitizens visiting the United States will have to show proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test taken within three days of departure, said Jeff Zients, who is leading the nation’s Covid response efforts for the White House.

The changes will take effect in early November, which the airline industry expects will spur holiday bookings. “They must show proof of vaccination prior to boarding a U.S.-bound airplane,” Zients said during a press briefing.

The Biden administration is also tightening rules for unvaccinated U.S. citizens returning home. They will need to test one day before departure and test again after returning.

There will be a few exemptions to the vaccination requirements for foreign visitors, such as for children not yet eligible to be vaccinated, according to a person familiar with the White House’s strategy, but full details of the policy have not yet been released.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/us-to-ease-travel-restrictions-for-foreign-visitors-who-are-vaccinated-against-covid.html

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• Captain Ewok changed the title to US to Lift Travel Ban for Fully Vaccinated Travelers to the US
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Captain Ewok said:

They will need to test one day before departure and test again after returning.

I'd like to see how they plan to enforce the "test again after returning" requirement.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 hours ago, Crazy Cat said:

I'd like to see how they plan to enforce the "test again after returning" requirement.

Yeah, it would be much easier if they used rapid tests instead of RT-PCR tests for both departure and arrival. Just do it at both airports. Boom, problem solved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Wondering if the "covid-19 vaccination requirements for foreign visitors" is applicable to K1 visa holders? or is there a NIE for K1 visa holders who are not vaccinated or are vaccinated by non-USA-approved/recognized vaccine?

I remember K1 visa holders were exempt from the former ban on foreign visitors entering US due to embassy giving K1 Visa holders a NIE (National Interest Exempt)

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/766388-travel-ban-k1-applicants/

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/767720-k1-exempt-from-travel-restrictions/

Thanks,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This is totally different.  I would think any non-us citizen will be required to show proof of vaccination.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

The powers that be really need to come up with a global vaccination verification system. 

For people who've been vaccinated here, what are you using to prove it? 

RoC Timeline:

1. 12/01/2023 - Application sent to Tempe, AZ lockbox
  2. 12/06/2023 - Application received by USCIS
  3. 12/12/2023 - Check cashed by USCIS
  4. 12/22/2023 - I-797C notice recieved giving access to 48 months extension letter online.

9 hours ago, Danmuji said:

The powers that be really need to come up with a global vaccination verification system. 

For people who've been vaccinated here, what are you using to prove it? 

The only proof people have right now are the paper COVID vaccine cards issued by the CDC, or other equivalents issued by individual countries.

I would not be surprised if COVID vaccine proof becomes part of the other vaccines normally listed on the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (aka yellow card or carte jaune), which has been used for decades for international travel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_or_Prophylaxis

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 9/21/2021 at 12:56 PM, Captain Ewok said:

Summary:

The U.S. will ease travel restrictions for international visitors who are vaccinated against Covid-19 in November, including those from the U.K. and EU, the White House said Monday.

Noncitizens visiting the United States will have to show proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test taken within three days of departure, said Jeff Zients, who is leading the nation’s Covid response efforts for the White House.

The changes will take effect in early November, which the airline industry expects will spur holiday bookings. “They must show proof of vaccination prior to boarding a U.S.-bound airplane,” Zients said during a press briefing.

The Biden administration is also tightening rules for unvaccinated U.S. citizens returning home. They will need to test one day before departure and test again after returning.

There will be a few exemptions to the vaccination requirements for foreign visitors, such as for children not yet eligible to be vaccinated, according to a person familiar with the White House’s strategy, but full details of the policy have not yet been released.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/20/us-to-ease-travel-restrictions-for-foreign-visitors-who-are-vaccinated-against-covid.html

I am wondering if this includes China, Brazil, and South Africa too...

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

So I'm curious about one thing. My wife and I have vaccine passports in Vietnam, so we meet the requirements to enter the U.S. (as a USC, I still can if unvaccinated, but will need a covid test within 24 hours of departure, but I digress).

However, our vaccine certificates are missing lot/batch numbers of the shots we received. Likely reason is that Vietnam was in a hurry to vaccinate as many people quickly as possible, and they didn't take the time to record lot numbers for everyone.

Do they care about lot numbers? I've seen nothing in the requirements that say we need to show lot numbers on the vaccines we got, nor do any other childhood vaccinations like MMR, Hep, etc. Same for covid?

Edited by Bill Hamze

I don't have a ready answer for you about what the US will do. I am not convinced that the US has a firm idea yet of what it will do.

But for the past six months I worked for the Irish vaccination service and what we did and the others do might be a guide.

The EU digital covid cert issued by every state does not contain lot or batch numbers. It just lists the type and date of vaccination, each state agrees to accept the information provided by the others. Obviously within any state, the certificate they issue will be traceable back to national records which include batch/lot number but airport authorities just want a QR code they can scan that makes their screen green and happy.

If anyone arrives from outside the EU fully vaccinated with an EMA-approved vaccine, their certificate was generally accepted.

(You need proof of vaccination  - until 22 October - to dine indoors or get into a bar and a lot of venues want something they can scan).

Travel: I have just flown to Canada so I can spend two weeks being not in the EU so I can then visit my US fiancee. Canada needed proof of vaccination and accepted my uploaded EU cert. 

Immigration and visas: A friend has moved to Kuwait from South Africa and his big problem was waiting for SA to issue a national vaccination certificate that Kuwait would recognise for his visa. Americans going to work there were in the same boat - they had no proof of vaccination that Kuwaiti authorities would recognise - they were demanding proof of each dose. Or a certificate with a QR code. Basically they wanted everyone to have an EU-style cert.

I believe that in the end Kuwait just changed its requirements to suit the proof that people had because it became too much of a headache.

Only case of batch numbers: If anyone arrived in the Ireland presenting evidence of one vaccination with an EMA-approved vaccine, it could be registered as a first dose as if it had been administered in Ireland so that we could then administer Dose 2 and certify them.

In that case we need the type, date, country and batch number and frequently sent them back to contact their national health authorities to get that.

I dealt with people from the UK, Aus and Spain and Brazil who were able to. I actually remember one from Vietnam, but I have no idea what the outcome was. But that seems to be the only situation where batch numbers were needed.

Edited by Derrick and Gail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Can Europeans now apply for ESTA to travel in November or do ESTA applications have to wait until 11/8?  Is it recommended to buy tickets now? 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline
On 9/26/2021 at 10:28 AM, radharose said:

The powers that be really need to stop forcing a dangerous, ineffective injection on the populace by means of outrageous human rights violations.

Are you talking about the smallpox vaccine or any of the other vaccines you're required to get to participate in society?

Or specifically the COVID vaccine, which has proven to actually work right now and has shown no actual signs of danger, whereas being unvaccinated significantly heightens your risk of ending up on a ventilator, overcrowding hospitals and dying a horribly painful and lonely death? I honestly can't wait to get my booster in the next few weeks. I'm also super excited to finally see my family again, who can now travel here while I wait for my travel authorization to get through the stupid system.

EDIT: In before "but why do you need booster shots if it works so well".

All of these need a series of 3-4 shots within 18 months:

Hepatitis B (3 shots)

Rotavirus (3 shots)

Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) (4 shots before 18 months, then a shot every 4 years)

Haemophilus influenzae type b (3 shots)

Pneumococcal conjugate (4 shots)

Polio (4 shots)

Hepatitis A (2 shots within a year)

Human Papillomavirus (3 shots)

Edited by sl1pstream

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
20 hours ago, sl1pstream said:

Are you talking about the smallpox vaccine or any of the other vaccines you're required to get to participate in society?

Or specifically the COVID vaccine, which has proven to actually work right now and has shown no actual signs of danger, whereas being unvaccinated significantly heightens your risk of ending up on a ventilator, overcrowding hospitals and dying a horribly painful and lonely death? I honestly can't wait to get my booster in the next few weeks. I'm also super excited to finally see my family again, who can now travel here while I wait for my travel authorization to get through the stupid system.

EDIT: In before "but why do you need booster shots if it works so well".

All of these need a series of 3-4 shots within 18 months:

Hepatitis B (3 shots)

Rotavirus (3 shots)

Diphtheria, tetanus, and acellular pertussis (DTaP) (4 shots before 18 months, then a shot every 4 years)

Haemophilus influenzae type b (3 shots)

Pneumococcal conjugate (4 shots)

Polio (4 shots)

Hepatitis A (2 shots within a year)

Human Papillomavirus (3 shots)

You say it's safe and there is no danger but I personally know 4 people who got the vaccine months ago in Israel, that got injured and their world turned upside down, doctors admitted this was caused by the vaccine. one is 40 years old who is now paralyzed after the booster shot. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.