FJinSD

Horrible experience with "Rapid Visa" CR-1/I-130

19 posts in this topic

Read and heed!  After using their services - I CANNOT under any circumstances recommend that anyone use the company doing business as "Rapid Visa" to assist you in this process. After numerous delays and poor service - they mailed my petition to the WRONG ADDRESS. The instructions on the USCIS form CLEARLY STATE that the petition is to be mailed to the PHOENIX "lockbox" - yet they somehow managed to send mine to DALLAS. Dallas does NOT ACCEPT 1-130 petitions. Now they (Rapid Visa) tell me "do not worry, there are 2 scenarios what can happen next:
1) the USCIS will transfer your petition to Phoenix, AZ
2) Your petition will be returned to you - and you will be able to resubmit it or if you wish, you can send the petition to us and we will submit it for you (to correct address)."
Oh REALLY? This is what CAN happen? What about what WILL happen?
Then they go on to write: "Your petition will not get denied based on the filing error, you don't have to worry about this." Maybe not but it WILL BE DELAYED BY WEEKS IF NOT MONTHS!
Then they state: "Please note that currently the USCIS is under a backlog and it takes few weeks for them to issue the receipt notices." Again - oh REALLY?
As if I didn't know that there's a huge backlog? REALLY? Am I supposed to be reassured by this? It simply means that a few WEEKS/MONTHS will be added to this miserable process (due to their delay in mailing PLUS this egregious and flagrant error).
Government bureaucracy is bad enough - but when the private sector adds to the misery index - it is UNSATISFACTORY.
Again - I STRONGLY URGE anyone in this group or contemplating how to file their I-130 - AVOID RAPID VISA!

I agree totally, did they offer you any reduction in rate or refund for their error? I would use this screw-up to dump them and do the rest yourself. If your packet gets returned run, don't walk away from "Rapid Visa"!!!!! Yes they have added much more time to your journey!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

2 hours ago, FJinSD said:

AVOID RAPID VISA!

Yup.  This is what seasoned VJ members advise newbies all the time.......

3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

I agree totally, did they offer you any reduction in rate or refund for their error? I would use this screw-up to dump them and do the rest yourself. If your packet gets returned run, don't walk away from "Rapid Visa"!!!!! Yes they have added much more time to your journey!!!!!

No they didn't. Quite the opposite in fact. They accused me of "threatening them" because I said that other than a refund I would (and will) sue them in the Las Vegas, NV small claims court.  Not a "threat" - a fact.  I'm done with communicating with them. I've already written the demand letter and am in the process of filing.  It's $86 and a few hours of my time - but worth EVERY cent and second - just to make them take the time to respond.  Failure to respond to a demand letter has its own consequences...

17 minutes ago, FJinSD said:

No they didn't. Quite the opposite in fact. They accused me of "threatening them" because I said that other than a refund I would (and will) sue them in the Las Vegas, NV small claims court.  Not a "threat" - a fact.  I'm done with communicating with them. I've already written the demand letter and am in the process of filing.  It's $86 and a few hours of my time - but worth EVERY cent and second - just to make them take the time to respond.  Failure to respond to a demand letter has its own consequences...

Well very good sounds like you have a firm  handle on things.  Please keep us posted.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Sorry to hear that this happened.

Just one clarification, this part of your post is not entirely correct:

5 hours ago, FJinSD said:
The instructions on the USCIS form CLEARLY STATE that the petition is to be mailed to the PHOENIX "lockbox" - yet they somehow managed to send mine to DALLAS. Dallas does NOT ACCEPT 1-130 petitions.

The instructions on the form say to visit the current USCIS Direct Filing Addresses page to see where to file. Dallas does accept I-130 petitions, but only for petitioners living in certain states (and who are not also concurrently filing the I-485 to adjust status from within the U.S.). Petitioners living in other states, like yours, send the petition to Phoenix.

Confusing for sure for those who do not file online.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

9 hours ago, FJinSD said:
AVOID RAPID VISA!

I understand that they promote here but we see issues all the time in regards to screwing up petitions and giving people bad advice. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

RapidVisa will be out of business if everyone know about Visajourney.  In fact,  it's clearly look suspicious if we pay attention to "99.7% approved" stated on their website.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, FJinSD said:
Read and heed!  After using their services - I CANNOT under any circumstances recommend that anyone use the company doing business as "Rapid Visa" to assist you in this process. After numerous delays and poor service - they mailed my petition to the WRONG ADDRESS. The instructions on the USCIS form CLEARLY STATE that the petition is to be mailed to the PHOENIX "lockbox" - yet they somehow managed to send mine to DALLAS. Dallas does NOT ACCEPT 1-130 petitions. Now they (Rapid Visa) tell me "do not worry, there are 2 scenarios what can happen next:
1) the USCIS will transfer your petition to Phoenix, AZ
2) Your petition will be returned to you - and you will be able to resubmit it or if you wish, you can send the petition to us and we will submit it for you (to correct address)."
Oh REALLY? This is what CAN happen? What about what WILL happen?
Then they go on to write: "Your petition will not get denied based on the filing error, you don't have to worry about this." Maybe not but it WILL BE DELAYED BY WEEKS IF NOT MONTHS!
Then they state: "Please note that currently the USCIS is under a backlog and it takes few weeks for them to issue the receipt notices." Again - oh REALLY?
As if I didn't know that there's a huge backlog? REALLY? Am I supposed to be reassured by this? It simply means that a few WEEKS/MONTHS will be added to this miserable process (due to their delay in mailing PLUS this egregious and flagrant error).
Government bureaucracy is bad enough - but when the private sector adds to the misery index - it is UNSATISFACTORY.
Again - I STRONGLY URGE anyone in this group or contemplating how to file their I-130 - AVOID RAPID VISA!

But you people are funny tho. The rules are pretty self explanatory you don't need a lawyer unless you have a criminal history.

6 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

Sorry to hear that this happened.

Just one clarification, this part of your post is not entirely correct:

The instructions on the form say to visit the current USCIS Direct Filing Addresses page to see where to file. Dallas does accept I-130 petitions, but only for petitioners living in certain states (and who are not also concurrently filing the I-485 to adjust status from within the U.S.). Petitioners living in other states, like yours, send the petition to Phoenix.

Confusing for sure for those who do not file online.

Not in this case with this company. It is an internally generated "cover letter" and the ONLY address listed is the Phoenix lockbox. They screwed up and they fail to own it. PERIOD.

1 hour ago, Liam2021 said:

RapidVisa will be out of business if everyone know about Visajourney.  In fact,  it's clearly look suspicious if we pay attention to "99.7% approved" stated on their website.

Except that despite all the dire warnings here on VJ (and VJ is not new), people still use it.

35 minutes ago, retheem said:

But you people are funny tho. The rules are pretty self explanatory you don't need a lawyer unless you have a criminal history.

People mistakenly believe that using a service like RV, or a lawyer, will make the process faster or decrease the chance of a denial.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.