Nature Boy 2.0

Migrant caravan member cites Biden’s pledge to suspend deportations for 100 days as reason for traveling to US

142 posts in this topic

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/migrant-caravan-biden-pledge-suspend-deportations-100-days

Build it  and they will come. MDL ideas all sound good, much like unicorns pooping rainbow skittles

Edited by Nature Boy 2.0

47 minutes ago, spookyturtle said:

Every legal immigrant should be against giving amnesty and a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. It would probably be a monumental task to deport 10 million people. How about strong vetting and getting them into the system with a path to LPR? No citizenship, no right to vote, that way neither party will benefit.  And no chain immigration. 

You know it is at least double that number right? As to the other parts of your statement they sound fine but you know that it would never fly at all. The Republicans would think that the Democrats are doing something dirty and want tighter border security, and the Democrats would want a pathway if not a general amnesty for everyone with no border security. 

5 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

Not to worry,the Mexico funded wall is in place to halt immigration.

That is one of the things I wish Trump could have done. He could have taxed all remittances abroad in order to help pay for new additions to the border wall and to maintain it

Edit: It will all depend on where the caravan decides to go. The last one decided to go the long way to up around Tijuana

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

That is one of the things I wish Trump could have done. He could have taxed all remittances abroad in order to help pay for new additions to the border wall and to maintain it

Edit: It will all depend on where the caravan decides to go. The last one decided to go the long way to up around Tijuana

There is still one day left, we may see the wall and the Healthcare plan.

Just now, CanAm1980 said:

Yeah to bad so much time was spent on baseless accusations that he couldn't do alot. 

1 hour ago, CanAm1980 said:

I hear this week is Infrastructure Week.

2 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

Every legal immigrant should be against giving amnesty and a path to citizenship for illegal immigrants. It would probably be a monumental task to deport 10 million people. How about strong vetting and getting them into the system with a path to LPR? No citizenship, no right to vote, that way neither party will benefit.  And no chain immigration. 

Since Democrats specifically want this demographic for votes, they should all be deported, even if it means spending more to find, apprehend, and go through the process of deportation to get rid of them. Any "caravans" trying to rush the border and institute an invasion should be put down. The people paying for the cost of it all should be Biden and Democrats (along with a good portion of Republicans) who keep inviting illegal immigration.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am fascinated to see what will happen, a couple of times this has sort of come up in conversation and I have dropped into some of the Dem pledges, now these are Dem voters and they seemed completely unaware of what they had voted for.

I think we can over concentrate on the Caravans, just the tip. There was one lady on another forum who wanted her sister to move to the US with her 2 children, abusive relationship, wait 15 years or pop over and claim asylum? Both are from the UK, sister had naturalised.

My guess is that Biden is used to saying anything to appease those who he sees as his voters and then ignoring it when in power, that will be difficult, I can see his feet being held to the fire.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
5 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

How about strong vetting and getting them into the system with a path to LPR? No citizenship, no right to vote, that way neither party will benefit.  And no chain immigration. 

So says an acquaintance of mine:  The caravanners should be vetted (and have to answer in at least broken English), be given thorough medical and dental examinations that they must pass in all aspects, fill out their own entry application properly without help from anybody, and have skills to offer the U.S. beyond landscaping, construction, housekeeping, and nannying.  They should pay an application fee and wait for processing (in Mexico) while USCIS processes its backlog of legal-immigration applications first.  When USCIS has finished with all legal applications, it will be their turn.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

4 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

So says an acquaintance of mine:  The caravanners should be vetted (and have to answer in at least broken English), be given thorough medical and dental examinations that they must pass in all aspects, fill out their own entry application properly without help from anybody, and have skills to offer the U.S. beyond landscaping, construction, housekeeping, and nannying.  They should pay an application fee and wait for processing (in Mexico) while USCIS processes its backlog of legal-immigration applications first.  When USCIS has finished with all legal applications, it will be their turn.

I should have made myself a bit clearer. I was referring to those illegal immigrants already here. I don’t think the caravan should be let in. 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
7 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

This seems very reasonable, especially the bit about them all waiting their turn.  Those of us who have been gummed up in the system due to COVID would feel pretty jaded if these people all got a free pass into the US for just showing up at the southern boarder saying let me in.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
12 hours ago, CanAm1980 said:

Not to worry,the Mexico funded wall is in place to halt immigration.

What halted (actually slowed) illegal immigration from Mexico was Trump cutting a deal with the Mexican president that if Mexico stopped all the caravans that were coming up here previously, then the US wouldn't list Mexican cartels as terrorist organizations.  Seems to have worked since illegal immigration through Mexico has dropped significantly.  With Trump leaving office, who knows if this deal will remain in affect during the Biden admin.  

Edited by GregandNatty