Nature Boy 2.0

Migrant caravan member cites Biden’s pledge to suspend deportations for 100 days as reason for traveling to US

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Just now, Orangesapples said:

They face an uncertain future with regards to their immigration status. If I were to bet, I'd bet they'll probably never get citizenship. 

Why not, do we want people living in the shadows, being exploited?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Orangesapples said:

Honest with who? And about what? My political vision? I'm pretty sure the US has a freedom of speech and people are allowed to have all types of political views. 

Apologies, I must have been vague.. what I meant was be honest with the USCIS when you file for citizenship, and give them an accurate picture of your intent as an immigrant. They don't need your political views, just a picture of how well you've assimilated.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

Following the rules for rounding, to the nearest billion would be zero. 

Well you could I guess say that about 100, you would be equally wrong.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Orangesapples said:

They face an uncertain future with regards to their immigration status. If I were to bet, I'd bet they'll probably never get citizenship. 

Ok, you are conflating three different things here. You are conflating the caravans with illegals already here not to mention DACA in general. What are your thoughts to the three topics below: 

1. Caravans and people wanting to come to the USA illegally

2. Illegals already in the country

3. Confirmed DACA recipients

Is wanting open borders a disqualifier for citizenship? Where on the N-400 form are they asking you about that? Or is it part of the the interview? 

So you said it that you want open borders..... So essentially you want everyone to come here and live off our tax dollars not to mention make the USA a third world country

No, it's not relevant 

Very relevant

No, it's not relevant 

very relevant

No, it's not relevant 

Every country I have ever gone to or lived in has a immigration controls and astrict migration standards. So you want us to just have open borders and allow millions to come here illegal. Who is going to feed them, house them, employ them?

1 minute ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Seems Republicans thrive on that.

Many establishment Republicans and Democrats want it

I certainly don't want that, but I really doubt any action will be taken to help them gain citizenship. 

So you want to drive down wages as well for people already living and working here in the USA?

4 minutes ago, Burnt Reynolds said:

Apologies, I must have been vague.. what I meant was be honest with the USCIS when you file for citizenship, and give them an accurate picture of your intent as an immigrant. They don't need your political views, just a picture of how well you've assimilated.

Really? This is the first time I've heard that USCIS is considering assimilation other than speaking English and knowing basic civics. Where in the N-400 is the question about assimilation? Or about political views? 

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

So you want to drive down wages as well for people already living and working here in the USA?

Not just wages but quality of life standards. I already had too many years of experience in that mess in parts of the Bay Area I grew up in.

I think Boiler mentioned how many would one be satisfied with, well.. as many non-assimilating/non-legal immigrants as it would take to reduce US qualify of life (and desirability) to a level comparable to those other nations.

Really? This is the first time I've heard that USCIS is considering assimilation other than speaking English and knowing basic civics. Where in the N-400 is the question about assimilation? Or about political views? 

Well that is why America is who we because people have come to this country and assimilated to the culture. 

2 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Every country I have ever gone to or lived in has a immigration controls and astrict migration standards. So you want us to just have open borders and allow millions to come here illegal. Who is going to feed them, house them, employ them?

Many establishment Republicans and Democrats want it

And who's saying I support other countries not allowing people in? I know the current world inequality makes it impractical to have truly open borders everywhere but a compromise would be an immigration system in which it's straightforward for people to move from one country to another.