Nature Boy 2.0

Migrant caravan member cites Biden’s pledge to suspend deportations for 100 days as reason for traveling to US

142 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Orangesapples said:

That's not an invasion, just impoverished people looking for a better life. I can't blame them at all. They're not trying to invade the country using arms, they're trying to become part of the country. I have compassion for them. We all know the options to immigrate to the US are very limited. I support giving full legal rights to illegal immigrants, so that they will not be exploited by employers. 

I have compassion for people that respect the laws and customs of the US. Those who don't, lack compassion for us Americans and those who do respect the US by legally immigrating. Contempt is well deserved. I will say, however, that it is not where the vast majority of it lies, for me. Rather, it's overwhelmingly reserved for those that encourage and/or benefit from it most.. politicians, employers/organizations, etc. You can disagree with what I consider an invasion (doesn't require arms), but like someone else mentioned earlier in the topic, this is being made into what it is by design.

Just now, Cyberfx1024 said:

The simple act of thousands of people trying to force their way into another country is by itself a act of invasion. I don't support giving them any rights at all because we already have a high unemployment and a pandemic going on. 

You don't support people that were unlucky to have been born elsewhere having rights? 

Just now, Burnt Reynolds said:

I have compassion for people that respect the laws and customs of the US. Those who don't, lack compassion for us Americans and those who do respect the US by legally immigrating. Contempt is well deserved. I will say, however, that it is not where the vast majority of it lies, for me. Rather, it's overwhelmingly reserved for those that encourage and/or benefit from it most.. politicians, employers/organizations, etc. You can disagree with what I consider an invasion (doesn't require arms), but like someone else mentioned earlier in the topic, this is being made into what it is by design.

I don't have any contempt for people that break unjust laws. 

20 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

Sure. Invading another country is an act of aggression. Not sure why you're mentioning this though, this is not a thread about the US invading Iraq based on lies about WMD, it's a thread about immigration, so talking about invasion is off topic. 

Which the very same people that led me and my buddies to go to Iraq in search of WMD's are now the ones running the country as of tomorrow at 12pm. 

You don't support people that were unlucky to have been born elsewhere having rights? 

I don't have any contempt for people that break unjust laws. 

How is immigration a unjust law? Please answer me on this. How is enforcing a country's immigration laws and enforcing the border unjust?

Where are you from again?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any limits?

Where are they going to live, work?

Certainly where I am we have water shortages now.

How does this tie in with the Green New Deal.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

11 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

The simple act of thousands of people trying to force their way into another country is by itself a act of invasion. I don't support giving them any rights at all because we already have a high unemployment and a pandemic going on. 

By definition, as it pertains to international borders, an invasion consists of an armed force crossing a recognized border. If you are talking about a large incursion into an area by an unwanted group, like Trump supporters invading the capitol, then sure that definition applies. However it is considered poor form to mix both definitions. 

Edited by Steeleballz

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

By definition, as it pertains to international borders, an invasion consists of an armed force crossing a recognized border. If you are talking about a large incursion into an area by an unwanted group, like Trump supporters invading the capitol, then sure that definition applies. However it is consider poor form to mix both definitions. 

A force of 8k plus people through a border would be considered a invasion force by any means of the definition.  If you look it up the actual definition is: 

invasion

[ in-vey-zhuhn ]SHOW IPA

noun

an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.
the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
infringement by intrusion.

5 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

By definition, as it pertains to international borders, an invasion consists of an armed force crossing a recognized border. If you are talking about a large incursion into an area by an unwanted group, like Trump supporters invading the capitol, then sure that definition applies. However it is consider poor form to mix both definitions. 

invasion /ɪnˈveɪʒən/ noun
plural invasions
invasion
/ɪnˈveɪʒən/
noun
pluralinvasions
Learner's definition of INVASION

: the act of invading something: such as
: the act of entering a place in an attempt to take control of it
[count]
  • The enemy launched/mounted an invasion.
  • the invasion of Poland
[noncount]
  • The people live under a constant threat of invasion.
: the act of entering a place in large numbers especially in a way that is harmful or unwanted
[count]
  • The town is gearing up for the annual tourist invasion.
  • an invasion of/by insects
[noncount]

◊ An invasion of privacy is a situation in which someone tries to get information about a person's private life in an unwanted and usually improper way.
  • I consider these questions to be an invasion of my privacy.
  • Is drug testing an invasion of privacy?
Edited by Cyberfx1024

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

A force of 8k plus people through a border would be considered a invasion force by any means of the definition.  If you look it up the actual definition is: 

invasion

[ in-vey-zhuhn ]SHOW IPA

noun

an act or instance of invading or entering as an enemy, especially by an army.
the entrance or advent of anything troublesome or harmful, as disease.
entrance as if to take possession or overrun: the annual invasion of the resort by tourists.
infringement by intrusion.

A mostly peaceful invasion.

6 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

How is immigration a unjust law? Please answer me on this. How is enforcing a country's immigration laws and enforcing the border unjust?

Where are you from again?

Only allowing people with family in the US and a very limited work visa program and diversity visa lottery program is unjust. Also, I don't consider immigration laws moral laws at all. Even if the US system was just, I still wouldn't have a problem with people not sticking to letter of the law because it's just red tape. I myself wouldn't take the risk of illegal immigration but I have no ill will towards those who do. 

Only allowing people with family in the US and a very limited work visa program and diversity visa lottery program is unjust. Also, I don't consider immigration laws moral laws at all. Even if the US system was just, I still wouldn't have a problem with people not sticking to letter of the law because it's just red tape. I myself wouldn't take the risk of illegal immigration but I have no ill will towards those who do. 

No, that is called controlling who goes into and out of the country, not to mention who is living and working in the country. You don't consider anything moral or ethical do you, you must live in some high castle thinking we are peons. You don't think that immigration laws are moral or serving the country is moral either. We don't have ill will to anyone we just want the laws followed. 

1 minute ago, Cyberfx1024 said:
invasion /ɪnˈveɪʒən/ noun
plural invasions
invasion
/ɪnˈveɪʒən/
noun
pluralinvasions
Learner's definition of INVASION

: the act of invading something: such as
: the act of entering a place in an attempt to take control of it
[count]
  • The enemy launched/mounted an invasion.
  • the invasion of Poland
[noncount]
  • The people live under a constant threat of invasion.
: the act of entering a place in large numbers especially in a way that is harmful or unwanted
[count]
  • The town is gearing up for the annual tourist invasion.
  • an invasion of/by insects
[noncount]

◊ An invasion of privacy is a situation in which someone tries to get information about a person's private life in an unwanted and usually improper way.
  • I consider these questions to be an invasion of my privacy.
  • Is drug testing an invasion of privacy?

As you just posted, there are multiple definitions. I know why you guys are doing that and as I said it's technically correct, but considered poor form to mix them. If a swarm of killer bees crosses the border, we might call it an invasion of unwanted insects, but most people wouldn't say the country has just been invaded.

in·va·sion
/inˈvāZHən/

noun

1. an instance of invading a country or region with an armed force.
    "in 1546 England had to be defended from invasion"

• an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.
      "stadium guards are preparing for another invasion of fans"

• an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.
      "random drug testing of employees is an unwarranted invasion of privacy"

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

22 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

I do, as someone who's spent much of his life around immigrants, and tons of illegals, I've had to live around the mess created by those who don't care whatsoever about it. And if you cared about the US, "morally", you'd not be favoring turning the US into the disaster these people left/fled. Because that is the inevitable result of people not assimilating to the place they move to, which is precisely why the US doesn't just allow anyone in for whatever reasons they prefer, nor allow people to follow only the laws they morally agree with. The US doesn't have to allow a single immigrant if it so chooses.

I do agree that absolutism is unrealistic, but "I don't consider immigration laws moral laws at all" is subjective absolutism.. unrealistic and unworkable.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

18 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No, that is called controlling who goes into and out of the country, not to mention who is living and working in the country. You don't consider anything moral or ethical do you, you must live in some high castle thinking we are peons. You don't think that immigration laws are moral or serving the country is moral either. We don't have ill will to anyone we just want the laws followed. 

You're right, I don't consider anything moral, ever! Murder? Terrorism? Moral. /s

I consider things that actively harm others immoral. For example, war crimes. Or employers exploiting workers. Men beating their wives. Violating red tape? Nah

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You're right, I don't consider anything moral, ever! Murder? Terrorism? Moral. /s

I consider things that actively harm others immoral. For example, war crimes. Or employers exploiting workers. Men beating their wives. Violating red tape? Nah

Please remember the VJ ToS. My Bible, should be yours.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”