Crtcl Rice Theory

The second impeachment of Donald Trump thread

604 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Updated 2 hours ago - Politics & Policy

House Democrats introduce impeachment charge against Trump

A Trump flag at the Capitol

Trump supporters begin to overrun the Capitol on Jan. 6. Photo: Alex Edelman/AFP via Getty Images

House Democrats on Monday introduced a single article of impeachment against President Trump for inciting a mob of his supporters to violence to prevent certifying the election of President-elect Joe Biden.

Why it matters: With less than two weeks left in his presidency, Trump faces a second impeachment, catalyzed by a monthslong campaign to baselessly discredit the results of the 2020 election — which ultimately led to a lethal attack on the nation's capital.

Where it stands: Rep. David Cicilline (D-R.I.), who introduced the measure, said on Twitter that Democrats have enough votes to pass the article through the House.

What they're saying: Democrats accuse Trump of engaging in "insurrection or rebellion" against the U.S. as defined in the 14th Amendment, which prohibits any such person from "holding any office" if the Senate convicts him.

• Prior to the attack, Trump had encouraged those at the "March for Trump" protest to march to the Capitol.
  • Two hours into the siege, Trump urged his supporters "to go home," adding, "We love you. You're very special. ... I know how you feel. But go home, and go home in peace."

Yes, but: The likelihood of conviction in the Senate is dubious, despite some Republican lawmakers saying they would consider it.

17 minutes ago, B_J said:

P.S. The worst part about reading the transcript of the speech is that you end up reading it in his voice.  His voice and speaking style is incredibly annoying.

and you visualize the accordion hands

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
1 hour ago, Neonred said:

I read the transcript this past weekend and came to the same exact conclusion.    Here is what a high school classmate of mine wrote after he left the rally.

Disavowing the Extremes
My wife tugged at the sleeve of my jacket. “We’ve got to get going. Our bus leaves at four.” I took one last look at the Capital. We were about fifty yards away from the steps in a crowd of singing, flag-waving Americans. That fateful day in Washington, DC had been cold and windy - but heartwarming at the same time. We had spent the day among hundreds of thousands of joyful, respectful, peace-loving patriots. I discussed the events of the day with my wife as we stopped to grab a bite at one of the food trucks. We had listened to the President a few hours earlier and did exactly what he suggested – we walked to the Capital and let our voices be heard. It was not until we reached our bus that we heard the reports that people had stormed into the Capital and inflicted violence upon the Capital Police and damage to the building. The criminal acts of a few hundred knuckleheads had stolen our message and changed the headlines.
The ride home was filled with frantic theories of infiltration by left wing radicals and numerous conspiratorial stories of the ‘man with horns.’ I listened to my bus-mates in silence. I’ve come to understand that most of the early information in breaking news is untrue. The real estate agent sitting behind us spoke to several of her friends on the phone and informed them that a 16-year-old girl was shot and killed inside the Capital! Only later did we learn she was a 16-year Air Force veteran. An earnest young man across the aisle said he just read that all the people that broke into the Capital were Antifa members who had infiltrated our ranks. Misinformation travels at the speed of light while the truth travels at a more leisurely pace. In the days since the rally, I have researched each of the individuals who broke into the Capital. The vast majority are radical, right-wing Trump supporters. These people are despicable and do not reflect my beliefs, or the ideology of nearly all of the individuals who participated in the rally on January 6th, 2021.
I am a Constitutional conservative. My intellectual political GPS places me at the intersection of William F Buckley and Charles Krauthammer. My most recent political icon is Ronald Reagan. I detest the far-right and everything they represent – bigotry, white supremacy and anarchy. Every conservative I know (and follow in the media) feel exactly the same. The radical right is evil and determined to destroy the constitutional framework which forms the bedrock of our great nation. My conservative ideology includes respect for our police and military, respect for the rule of law, respect for our freedom of speech, and a strict adherence to the principles outlined in our Constitution. I stand with my fellow conservatives on solid ground. We universally reject the ideology and actions of the radical right. Period.
Democrats (and liberal philosophy in general) have their lunatic fringe as well – the radical left. They are made up of many groups including Antifa and some elements of BLM. These individuals use the same tactics as the far right; violence and intimidation to achieve their political goals. I will be watching very closely to see if my liberal friends and political leaders reject their radical ideology as vigorously as my conservative friends reject our wacky fringe. This is vital for the survival of our democracy – we must each condemn the radical elements of our belief systems in order to avoid a continuation of our political discord. And let’s be honest - this dissonance did not occur under Donald Trump. Our country has been drifting into two separate camps for over 50 years – the concrete bunkers have simply been reinforced and communication lines increasingly disrupted. In order to return to arguing about tax rates and defense spending, each side must reject their respective ideological extremes. Only then can we find common ground.
Jerry

These people attacked the capital armed with pepper spray, grappling hooks, zip ties designed to take hostages. 

If the presidents words did not trigger this, what did? 

If the president loves this country, why will he not call a press conference and describe what went wrong?

What is being done to protect the Capitol?

13 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

What is being done to protect the Capitol?

You know the Capitol already has a over a $1billion dollar a year budget right? Also are you talking about for the inauguration or just in general? They are talking about bringing in 10k worth of troops for it. Which I know some guys who are supposedly on stand by for it. So I will see tomorrow what he is doing for it

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You know the Capitol already has a over a $1billion dollar a year budget right? Also are you talking about for the inauguration or just in general? They are talking about bringing in 10k worth of troops for it. Which I know some guys who are supposedly on stand by for it. So I will see tomorrow what he is doing for it

My point is this: radio silence from the white house, not even via Whitehouse.Gov Twitter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, CanAm1980 said:

If the presidents words did not trigger this, what did? 

Which words exactly?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

1 minute ago, Neonred said:

Which words exactly?

They're also saying "upvotes" did too.

So, doesn't matter. Just like the last impeachment attempt, throwing darts blindfolded and hoping something sticks.

The hope is, enough coordinated dust kicking about anything Trump results in people getting tired of it, and rather than simply tuning out the noise, giving them their way so as to not be persistently bothered. People have shown to be weak and especially susceptible to barrages of targeted noise. It's how you get police officers, who know better, to kneel for you.

Edited by Burnt Reynolds

32 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

My point is this: radio silence from the white house, not even via Whitehouse.Gov Twitter.

4 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Which words exactly?

The ones that said "We are going to walk down to the Capitol peacefully and patriotically to support our Congressmen and women"

50 minutes ago, CanAm1980 said:

15 minutes ago, Neonred said:

Which words exactly?

The ones that said " Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated."

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here's Rush's theory, which yet again might explain the dubious:

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2021/01/11/democrats-want-to-make-sure-trump-cant-run-again/

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

7 hours ago, Neonred said:

I read the transcript this past weekend and came to the same exact conclusion.    Here is what a high school classmate of mine wrote after he left the rally.

Disavowing the Extremes
My wife tugged at the sleeve of my jacket. “We’ve got to get going. Our bus leaves at four.” I took one last look at the Capital. We were about fifty yards away from the steps in a crowd of singing, flag-waving Americans. That fateful day in Washington, DC had been cold and windy - but heartwarming at the same time. We had spent the day among hundreds of thousands of joyful, respectful, peace-loving patriots. I discussed the events of the day with my wife as we stopped to grab a bite at one of the food trucks. We had listened to the President a few hours earlier and did exactly what he suggested – we walked to the Capital and let our voices be heard. It was not until we reached our bus that we heard the reports that people had stormed into the Capital and inflicted violence upon the Capital Police and damage to the building. The criminal acts of a few hundred knuckleheads had stolen our message and changed the headlines.
The ride home was filled with frantic theories of infiltration by left wing radicals and numerous conspiratorial stories of the ‘man with horns.’ I listened to my bus-mates in silence. I’ve come to understand that most of the early information in breaking news is untrue. The real estate agent sitting behind us spoke to several of her friends on the phone and informed them that a 16-year-old girl was shot and killed inside the Capital! Only later did we learn she was a 16-year Air Force veteran. An earnest young man across the aisle said he just read that all the people that broke into the Capital were Antifa members who had infiltrated our ranks. Misinformation travels at the speed of light while the truth travels at a more leisurely pace. In the days since the rally, I have researched each of the individuals who broke into the Capital. The vast majority are radical, right-wing Trump supporters. These people are despicable and do not reflect my beliefs, or the ideology of nearly all of the individuals who participated in the rally on January 6th, 2021.
I am a Constitutional conservative. My intellectual political GPS places me at the intersection of William F Buckley and Charles Krauthammer. My most recent political icon is Ronald Reagan. I detest the far-right and everything they represent – bigotry, white supremacy and anarchy. Every conservative I know (and follow in the media) feel exactly the same. The radical right is evil and determined to destroy the constitutional framework which forms the bedrock of our great nation. My conservative ideology includes respect for our police and military, respect for the rule of law, respect for our freedom of speech, and a strict adherence to the principles outlined in our Constitution. I stand with my fellow conservatives on solid ground. We universally reject the ideology and actions of the radical right. Period.
Democrats (and liberal philosophy in general) have their lunatic fringe as well – the radical left. They are made up of many groups including Antifa and some elements of BLM. These individuals use the same tactics as the far right; violence and intimidation to achieve their political goals. I will be watching very closely to see if my liberal friends and political leaders reject their radical ideology as vigorously as my conservative friends reject our wacky fringe. This is vital for the survival of our democracy – we must each condemn the radical elements of our belief systems in order to avoid a continuation of our political discord. And let’s be honest - this dissonance did not occur under Donald Trump. Our country has been drifting into two separate camps for over 50 years – the concrete bunkers have simply been reinforced and communication lines increasingly disrupted. In order to return to arguing about tax rates and defense spending, each side must reject their respective ideological extremes. Only then can we find common ground.
Jerry

How does one become a veteran at 16 years old? 

And the comparison with Antifa is so dishonest. Nothing on the left is even remotely similar. At least this person accepts that it was indeed Trump supporters that did all the damage but then can't help the whataboutism.