R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, bharats said:

DQ on 16 Dec, so hoping for April too. I sure hope they do release a nice large juicy batch of interviews for April within the next couple of weeks!!

We were DQ on 16 Dec too. Fingers crossed for April!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Zeppeli said:

My visa is due to arrive tomorrow! When it rains, it pours, huh? Looking at tentatively booking a flight 21st of April! I wanted to get to Vegas before the insane heat starts.

This is probably the dumbest question on the planet, but do you have to fill out a landing card when you get there? Part of me is assuming not, since it goes without saying that my belongings are staying but it's better to be safe than sorry!

Everybody fills out a customs form.

This one  https://www.cbp.gov/sites/default/files/documents/CBP Form 6059B English (Sample Watermark).pdf  What I call a landing card or arrival card was the replaced by a passport scan that now creates the I-94 automatically.

We had 6 large bags of my husbands belongings. The head of CBP at Houston advised to write “personal belongings” with no value. If you have duty free, gifts, items you buy at the airport, or like us...cheese and 1200 tea bags, then list and value those items as a visitor.

9 hours ago, Ailurus said:

We were DQ on 16 Dec too. Fingers crossed for April!

DQd early Jan, hoping for a May/June interview. Fingers crossed

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, grapenoodle said:

I’ve got my passport :) Flying to Miami tomorrow. A little emotional. Thank you to the whole community here for making this whole thing that little bit easier! 

Congratulations! X

Hi team, 

So sorry to hear that some March interviews have been rescheduled. 

I have my interview on 8 March, assuming they don't change it. I was just wondering if anyone who has previously had their interviews was required to show any updated evidence of their relationship? 

Will keep everyone posted on how it goes next week. Best of luck to everyone else. 

4 hours ago, grapenoodle said:

I’ve got my passport :) Flying to Miami tomorrow. A little emotional. Thank you to the whole community here for making this whole thing that little bit easier! 

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! Good luck on your journey and on your new life!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, kjmaiwen said:

I was just wondering if anyone who has previously had their interviews was required to show any updated evidence of their relationship? 

Never in my 13 years on this UK FORUM. It will be quick and easy.

Just now, Ali_Z said:

We DQd early January too! I’m crossing my fingers we will be in Mays batch! 

Same here. Hoping worst case scenario it will be in July. Fingers crossed and preparing for the worst. 

Happy to say my husband's status was updated to Issued today and he's gotten confirmation from the courier that he should have his passport/visa back tomorrow. Overwhelmingly relieved! It will be exactly 18 months from when USCIS confirmed they'd received his I-130 to when he gets his visa to enter the US 😭

On 3/1/2021 at 12:22 PM, Charlie87 said:

Hi all! Good to hear all the good news for the interviewees.

good luck to everyone having their interview this month.

whilst the embassy has been quite unpredictable recently, do we all think that April interview dates will be released at some point this month?

DQ 14 Dec here so hoping for an April interview.

DQ December 18! Fingers crossed we're in the next round and we the dates are released soon :) 

1 hour ago, JPC_LNW said:

Happy to say my husband's status was updated to Issued today and he's gotten confirmation from the courier that he should have his passport/visa back tomorrow. Overwhelmingly relieved! It will be exactly 18 months from when USCIS confirmed they'd received his I-130 to when he gets his visa to enter the US 😭

Wow that’s a really long time. Happy it’s finally come to an end. Can’t imagine how that feels. 

On 3/1/2021 at 5:14 PM, Wuozopo said:

The people who are discussing their visas being issued/arriving are spouse visas. They started the process in late 2019 or early 2020. It is a different process than yours so their discussion, process, and timelines don’t correlate with your case at all. 

Thanks for the clarification. I have seen that only spousal and healthcare ppl are getting appointments at the moment. 

Has anyone here been approved using nothing but assets to meet the financial requirement? I don’t have a job, but I do have much more in cash + liquid assets than the required 3x 125% of the poverty line. I’ve provided bank statements and other documents, but no tax transcripts because I do not have any. 

What was the experience at the interview? This is my one and only approval concern!
Thanks!  

ps, our March 9 appointment is still going forward as of now! 

Edited by Reagan & Vish

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.