R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,642 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, more00 said:

Can you please let us know how long did you interview take and what questions did they ask you please 

The interview was very quick, just a few minutes. They asked how we met, where we lived at the time and when was I planning on move to the US. I was in and out of the embassy in less then 40 mins.

17 minutes ago, Zeppeli said:

Dropping in to say that I had my interview this morning and I got it! Super easy, the interview itself was about 3-5 minutes and she just said "it'll be with you in 1-2 weeks!" I was asked how did you meet? Why are you moving there instead of him coming here and if I had read the immigrant rights leaflet. (which i had been given previously)

Thank you so much to everyone here, you've been such a good help and for those who are nervous and waiting, the interview was honestly the easiest bit! It'll come soon!

So super delighted for you!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, KathB said:

The interview was very quick, just a few minutes. They asked how we met, where we lived at the time and when was I planning on move to the US. I was in and out of the embassy in less then 40 mins.

So super delighted for you!!!!

That’s good what did you tell them about you moving there instead of him coming to you please 

2 hours ago, Zeppeli said:

Dropping in to say that I had my interview this morning and I got it! Super easy, the interview itself was about 3-5 minutes and she just said "it'll be with you in 1-2 weeks!" I was asked how did you meet? Why are you moving there instead of him coming here and if I had read the immigrant rights leaflet. (which i had been given previously)

Thank you so much to everyone here, you've been such a good help and for those who are nervous and waiting, the interview was honestly the easiest bit! It'll come soon!

That's great to hear! Congrats!! 🎉

Timeline
1 minute ago, KathB said:

We both live in the UK, and are moving to the US together for his work. He is a US citizen.

Ooh okay what about she stay in US and I live in Ghana if they ask me what do I tell them

8 minutes ago, more00 said:

Ooh okay what about she stay in US and I live in Ghana if they ask me what do I tell them

I’m confused. You’re applying for a visa to enter the US but you don’t plan on entering the US?

Or you are sponsoring your partner for a visa but you don’t plan on living together in the US after the visa is granted? 

The second situation would be a massive red flag to immigration and not strictly legal, as the whole idea of the visa is that you’re both the financial sponsor AND the visa is needed so that two family members/partners can be physically together. You also need to prove US domicile to be the sponsor for visa, which means you need to affirm and prove that the US is your primary residence. Generally, your partner won’t be granted a visa if you don’t intend to live in the US. 

The visa is valid for six months from the medical screening. Do you mean what should you say if they ask why you won’t be immediately flying over? Because in that case I would say whatever the real reason is. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, more00 said:

Can you please let us know what kind of questions they ask you 

5 hours ago, more00 said:

Can you please let us know how long did you interview take and what questions did they ask you please 

Is your interview in London? If not, yours could be different. London is a very easy interview with a few easy questions. Your profile says you’re from Ghana and your consulate is Armenia.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Is your interview in London? If not, yours could be different. London is a very easy interview with a few easy questions. Your profile says you’re from Ghana and your consulate is Armenia.

It’s Ghana please I made a mistake 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Sm4598 said:

I’m confused. You’re applying for a visa to enter the US but you don’t plan on entering the US?

That’s not what he is asking, he is referring to the question asked at an interview “Why are you moving to the US instead of your spouse moving to UK.” He is in Ghana and wants to know what to say to a question “Why are you moving to the US instead of your spouse moving to Ghana.”

Timeline
1 minute ago, more00 said:

It’s Ghana please I made a mistake 

This is the UNITED KINGDOM forum so most of the talk and dates won’t apply to interviews in Accra.Try this forum for Africa https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/89-africa-sub-saharan/

18 hours ago, twobees said:

Best of luck to @Zeppeli @ergreenwell10 and @Bubbapora on your interviews today! Please keep us posted on how it goes. 

Thanks!

Sean arrived at the Embassy about 30 minutes before his appointment and someone inside took his name and checked him off of a list but told him he needed to wait outside until it was 10:45 (appt was at 11). 

He said that they took his fingerprints and then took a few of his original documents such as our marriage certificate, his birth certificate, passport, etc. into another room to examine and brought all back but the passport. He was then called up to a window to swear an oath and then an officer asked him a few questions such as "When did you meet?, How did you meet? Why are you moving to America? Have you ever visited America? Have you met her family?" and then told him our application was approved. He was then given a paper that said the application/passport return could take 7-10 business days. He is going to pick it up from the drop-off location in London so hopefully it is ready soon before his Feb 28th flight or we will have to push it back a week. 

Overall very smooth, in and out in about 40 minutes. 

Edited by ergreenwell10

35 minutes ago, ergreenwell10 said:

Thanks!

Sean arrived at the Embassy about 30 minutes before his appointment and someone inside took his name and checked him off of a list but told him he needed to wait outside until it was 10:45 (appt was at 11). 

He said that they took his fingerprints and then took a few of his original documents such as our marriage certificate, his birth certificate, passport, etc. into another room to examine and brought all back but the passport. He was then called up to a window to swear an oath and then an officer asked him a few questions such as "When did you meet?, How did you meet? Why are you moving to America? Have you ever visited America? Have you met her family?" and then told him our application was approved. He was then given a paper that said the application/passport return could take 7-10 business days. He is going to pick it up from the drop-off location in London so hopefully it is ready soon before his Feb 28th flight or we will have to push it back a week. 

Congrats! 🎉

11 hours ago, ergreenwell10 said:

Thanks!

Congratulations!!

Hi, bit of a panic here. 

The ACRO police certificates list “date of creation” and “date printed.” Which is the date used to calculate the beginning of the valid period for the police certificate? I know they’re only valid for 12 months, but the “creation” and “printed” dates are three months apart.

The first one is 2/2020 and the second is 5/2020, so ours would be valid for our 3/2021 interview only if the second date is the start of the validity.

Also, weirdly, the US Embassy site for the UK states that the ACRO certificate needs to be issued within the past *six months*, even though the actual visa requirements state that they’re valid for 12 months.

We’ve been waiting for an appointment for five months and the police certificate took three months to arrive after requested (as evidenced by the three month gap between the dates above), so how on earth could anyone’s be issued six months before their medical? 

Edited by Sm4598

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.