R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

Has anyone here been approved using nothing but assets to meet the financial requirement? I don’t have a job, but I do have much more in cash + liquid assets than the required 3x 125% of the poverty line. I’ve provided bank statements and other documents, but no tax transcripts because I do not have any. 

What was the experience at the interview? This is my one and only approval concern!
Thanks!  

ps, our March 9 appointment is still going forward as of now! 

Yes  people have been approved on assets. I don’t think you’ll have a problem. However a tax return is required by immigration law -OR- a signed statement stating why you were not required to file.

Did you include a statement in place of a tax transcript when you submitted your stuff to NVC? If not, do one now and upload it. It’s explained in the I-864 instructions so you probably already knew this.

13 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes  people have been approved on assets. I don’t think you’ll have a problem. However a tax return is required by immigration law -OR- a signed statement stating why you were not required to file.

Did you include a statement in place of a tax transcript when you submitted your stuff to NVC? If not, do one now and upload it. It’s explained in the I-864 instructions so you probably already knew this.

Thank you so much! Yes, I did submit the letter at the NVC stage and it was accepted. Is there anything else you would recommend to upload/bring to interview? I submitted bank statements + an official letter from my bank, as well a proof of where the assets are from (life insurance). Understandably, I’m trying to avoid AP at all costs lol. 

Thanks for your help! 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

6 hours ago, Reagan & Vish said:

Thank you so much! Yes, I did submit the letter at the NVC stage and it was accepted. Is there anything else you would recommend to upload/bring to interview? I submitted bank statements + an official letter from my bank, as well a proof of where the assets are from (life insurance). Understandably, I’m trying to avoid AP at all costs lol. 

Thanks for your help! 

I got a call from embassy on Monday to upload my husband's W2 (equivalent to P60 in the UK) and if we didn't have that to hand, fill in the I-864 and upload that. 

It might be best to have I-864 filled and uploaded on CEAC, if you haven't already done that. If you have then that's good. 

Hi guys, I was just wondering. To those who recently had their interviews, did the consul ask for you to show 2020 tax transcript and w2? Will it be required to upload to ceac prior the interview?

We were DQ’d last November 2020 with 2019 tax information. 

Edited by scarletheart

Timeline
3 hours ago, Shal_Ohol said:

I got a call from embassy on Monday to upload my husband's W2 (equivalent to P60 in the UK) and if we didn't have that to hand, fill in the I-864 and upload that. 

It might be best to have I-864 filled and uploaded on CEAC, if you haven't already done that. If you have then that's good. 

It is a weird glitch that so many people have to upload the W2 again. Can anybody explain it? In all my journey, I never had to upload documents anywhere so don’t know how the actual process works. My logic and mind says create one pdf from scanning the pages of the tax return plus the W2 so I would have one pdf named 2019 Tax.  So how could the W2 page fall out of the pdf? Or more likely I would have scanned I-864, 2019 tax transcript (or tax return+W2), employer letter as one pdf called “Affidavit of Support My Name”. Are you not allowed to upload a pdf document? I don’t know how it works having never done the actual upload for myself.

2 hours ago, scarletheart said:

Hi guys, I was just wondering. To those who recently had their interviews, did the consul ask for you to show 2020 tax transcript and w2? Will it be required to upload to ceac prior the interview?

We were DQ’d last November 2020 with 2019 tax information. 

By law they can not ask you for anything newer than 2019 until April 15, 2021, the day 2020 taxes are due. If you have already filed 2020, you may add it to your evidence if you like. For example if 2019 was barely at the threshold, but 2020 was $20,000 more in income, then it would be helpful to show being well over the threshold instead of being just $100 over the mark. But if 2019 was a good income then not really necessary. 

@Wuozopo

I'm not entirely sure why that happened either. Documents were approved back in October last year, so I wasn't expecting anything new to be asked. The person who called me did say, if we struggle to upload it, I could bring a copy with me. My husband emailed his W2 for 2019 and 2020 to me and I've printed it out. I'm taking it with me just in case they ask for it on the day. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Shal_Ohol said:

@Wuozopo

I'm not entirely sure why that happened either. Documents were approved back in October last year, so I wasn't expecting anything new to be asked. The person who called me did say, if we struggle to upload it, I could bring a copy with me. My husband emailed his W2 for 2019 and 2020 to me and I've printed it out. I'm taking it with me just in case they ask for it on the day. 

I’ve seen at least 10 who got to the interview and were told they had no W2 in their file, even though it had already been uploaded at the NVC stage. Even those who brought a hard copy were rejected and told they had to upload it. Not sure why the embassy couldn’t be arsed to scan and add to the file when people had a hard copy with them.

So it sounds like it’s become an obvious problem in London and somebody is reviewing files prior to interview and emailing those who need a W2. That’s a positive step.

But what’s with only W2s not showing in all these files? Still a mystery to me.

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

I’ve seen at least 10 who got to the interview and were told they had no W2 in their file, even though it had already been uploaded at the NVC stage. Even those who brought a hard copy were rejected and told they had to upload it. Not sure why the embassy couldn’t be arsed to scan and add to the file when people had a hard copy with them.

So it sounds like it’s become an obvious problem in London and somebody is reviewing files prior to interview and emailing those who need a W2. That’s a positive step.

HI, sorry slightly confused about the W2s. I have a joint sponsor as my wife is residing in the UK with me. I have submitted the full tax transcripts for both sponsors, not W2s? I thought that you only need the IRS official transcripts?

2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

OK, income question then as this W2 thing has got be wobbling a bit. My wife has been out of the country for 15 years. She has a job working for an american company earning well over the threshold, but only since October last year. We have submitted all her pay stubs for that period, but the W2 she has just been issued shows way under for obvious reasons. Should I be looking at having a co sponsor? We had her finances flagged when we submitted it, saying the following...

The petitioner does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants for this case. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview.

Anyone had a similar experience? Would they deny on the basis that she has only been making enough money for 6 months? Interview is April so I might have time to get a co sponsor if necessary!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Charlie87 said:

HI, sorry slightly confused about the W2s. I have a joint sponsor as my wife is residing in the UK with me. I have submitted the full tax transcripts for both sponsors, not W2s? I thought that you only need the IRS official transcripts?

That is correct with a transcript. No W2 required because it’s correct info straight from the IRS. If submitting a copy of the actual tax return pages, they want the W2 wage statement to verify the wage info. Otherwise anybody could just fill out a fake return showing a lot of income. 

However if the sponsor files a joint return, it shows joint income without showing who earned what. A W2 from the sponsor can show his separate income is sufficient.

Confused a bit about you talking about both joint sponsors. You can only have one. 

Edited by Wuozopo

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

That is correct with a transcript. No W2 required because it’s correct info straight from the IRS. If submitting a copy of the actual tax return pages, they want the W2 wage statement to verify the wage info. Otherwise anybody could just fill out a fake return showing a lot of income. 

Confused a bit about you talking about both joint sponsors. You can only have one. 

Sorry yes, my wife is my sponsor but as she has no US income because she lives in the UK with me I have a joint sponsor in the US who meets the income requirements. So it’s the joint sponsor who has provided his IRS transcripts.

my wife will be reestablishing her US domicile etc.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, Muso303 said:

Anyone had a similar experience? Would they deny on the basis that she has only been making enough money for 6 months? Interview is April so I might have time to get a co sponsor if necessary!

No joint sponsor needed. The most recent tax return is a requirement by law, but if current income has increased, the additional evidence of that increase can be submitted as optional evidence. See the I-864 instructions. Optional ways to show current income are employer letter or six months of pay slips. You’ve done that. Current income is what counts, not the tax return,  if there is an increase in wages.

If the require tax return was a tax transcript from the IRS, then no W2.  IF you wife just submitted copies of her actual tax return pages, then a W2 or1099 would be needed to verify wages reported.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

@Muso303

it wouldn’t take my edit so here it is.

EDIT: she may need something to show the officer that her job/wages will continue with the same company after you leave the UK. They are pretty chill in London so may just take your word for it.

2 hours ago, Charlie87 said:

So we had uploaded the IRS transcript back in October last year but we were still asked to upload W2. If you have it to hand, I suggest uploading it. 

1 hour ago, Wuozopo said:

@Muso303

it wouldn’t take my edit so here it is.

EDIT: she may need something to show the officer that her job/wages will continue with the same company after you leave the UK. They are pretty chill in London so may just take your word for it.

OK great, thanks so much. That was our plan originally, so we'll upload her most recent W2 and keep our fingers crossed for the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.