R1CH1991

London CR1 / IR1 Appointment Updates

2,639 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, JPC_LNW said:

Has anyone actually gotten their visa out of the embassy recently? Maybe @Zeppeli or @ergreenwell10? We had our interview on Feb 9th and submitted an additional requested scan (just a clearer copy of the original so shouldn't have been a big deal) an hour later. It's been two weeks now and our status is still "Administrative Processing". We've tried contacting the embassy but they won't talk with us about the status of our application until it's been more than three weeks. With all the new delays in appointments I wonder if everything else is being delayed too (we sympathize with you guys, our appointment was moved too and it's so heartbreaking!). 

Neither of those you tagged have updated their timelines saying the date their visa was received. If people would do their timelines, it would be so easy to get the information you want. You should do your own timeline too.

How many days has your status been AP?

Edited by Wuozopo

27 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Neither of those you tagged have updated their timelines saying the date their visa was received. If people would do their timelines, it would be so easy to get the information you want. You should do your own timeline too.

How many days has your status been AP?

Thanks, I'll try to figure out how to update it (I think directions were posted earlier on the forum). 

Our status was "Refused" until yesterday when it changed to "Administrative Processing". The embassy reviewed my husband's original birth certificate at the interview but said the version they had on their database was too blurry and my husband needed to upload a new one. It was basically described as a small box ticking exercise as the original documentation had been reviewed and everything was approved pending the new scan. We can't believe two weeks after the interview we're still waiting for his visa and on edge about any more potential roadblocks they might try to throw at us.

From @grapenoodle 's forum post it seems as though most people's visas are being processed slower than the expected 5-7 business days. It would just be good to update our expectations if this is true for others too. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, JPC_LNW said:

Thanks, I'll try to figure out how to update it (I think directions were posted earlier on the forum). 

Our status was "Refused" until yesterday when it changed to "Administrative Processing". The embassy reviewed my husband's original birth certificate at the interview but said the version they had on their database was too blurry and my husband needed to upload a new one. It was basically described as a small box ticking exercise as the original documentation had been reviewed and everything was approved pending the new scan. We can't believe two weeks after the interview we're still waiting for his visa and on edge about any more potential roadblocks they might try to throw at us.

From @grapenoodle 's forum post it seems as though most people's visas are being processed slower than the expected 5-7 business days. It would just be good to update our expectations if this is true for others too. 

Well consider Monday as the day they got back to your case because you kinda got out of line when the NVC document wasn’t acceptable. So Monday was where you would have been on interview day had the document been readable. Then count your expected days from Monday. 

16 hours ago, JPC_LNW said:

Has anyone actually gotten their visa out of the embassy recently? Maybe @Zeppeli or @ergreenwell10? We had our interview on Feb 9th and submitted an additional requested scan (just a clearer copy of the original so shouldn't have been a big deal) an hour later. It's been two weeks now and our status is still "Administrative Processing". We've tried contacting the embassy but they won't talk with us about the status of our application until it's been more than three weeks. With all the new delays in appointments I wonder if everything else is being delayed too (we sympathize with you guys, our appointment was moved too and it's so heartbreaking!). 

Has anyone actually received their visa/passport back in February so far? 

I haven't received my passport back yet! Still saying "Ready" on my ceac tracker, however my case has been updated on the 22nd/23rd so I figured the cogs are still turning. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear anything.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Zeppeli said:

I haven't received my passport back yet! Still saying "Ready" on my ceac tracker, however my case has been updated on the 22nd/23rd so I figured the cogs are still turning. I'll keep everyone posted when I hear anything.

It seems like their staff has further diminished in London based on slower return times and the moving of appointments they had already scheduled. With the UK covid variant being more easily spread, I can imagine there could be some quarantines to wait out due to exposure, even if they don’t actually have Covid. 

11 hours ago, Zeppeli said:

Had my interview the same day as you and exactly the same! Last update yesterday 23.

On 2/23/2021 at 12:52 PM, JPC_LNW said:

Has anyone actually received their visa/passport back in February so far? 

We just want this to be over :( March would mark a full year and a half since USCIS first received our green card application and we're so frustrated at being so close and yet still without any answers or resolution. 

We have not gotten ours back either. Also says "Ready" on the website like everyone else. 

2 hours ago, MikeMinusWife said:

We need to book another appointment (we were unable to use our previous visas) - is it still a case of constantly visiting the appointment website to grab a spot when one opens up or have things improved since November ?

Hi! I had to rebook a new appointment last month (covid contact). It's still pretty much a case of checking sporadically each day unfortunately, but it only took me about 3 working days to get my next appointment!

I also got my second appointment early on in the day, which is the time I'd recommend checking since I think they upload appointments in batches. When I picked mine, I had a choice of 3 days and various appointment times on each so there was plenty of choice!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 3:01 AM, scarletheart said:

In a fb group for London based CR1 applicants I saw somebody DQed 28thNov received interview date yesterday for a 30/03/21 schedule :)

Could you possibly let me know the Facebook group you’re in? I’m in one but it’s not London specific. ☺️X

6 minutes ago, Amanda Hunt said:

Could you possibly let me know the Facebook group you’re in? I’m in one but it’s not London specific. ☺️X

Oh really. Maybe CR1 are getting their interview dates in a different batch to IR1.

i’m IR1 DQ 14 Dec and eagerly waiting!

Has anyone scheduled for March 8/9 been rescheduled? We are scheduled for March 9 and haven’t heard anything, but growing weary. 

event.png

ROC Timeline:

• December 24, 2022: 90-day window opened
  • December 27, 2022: Sent via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox
  • December 29, 2022: Delivered
  • December 30, 2022: Case marked as received
  • January 5, 2023: Text message received 
  • January 11, 2023: NOA1 letter received, dated January 4, 2023
  • April 12, 2023: 48-month extension letter received

28 minutes ago, Reagan & Vish said:

Has anyone scheduled for March 8/9 been rescheduled? We are scheduled for March 9 and haven’t heard anything, but growing weary. 

Last rescheduling posts happened last Monday (22nd Feb) based on the posts here. My interview is scheduled for 8th March so I'll be keeping an eye in my emails tomorrow, will post here with updates. 

Hi all,

Our case this morning was updated from "Ready" to "Administrative Processing".  Hopefully that means they are almost done with it rather than only just starting to deal with it this morning! We will provide a further update when the visa is actually issued. 

DQ date: 2nd October 2020

Interview date: 17th February 2021 (Original Date 26th January 2021 but rescheduled due to "consular resources")

Case updated to Administrative Processing: 1st March 2021

Edited by ergreenwell10

22 minutes ago, ergreenwell10 said:

Hi all,

Our case this morning was updated from "Ready" to "Administrative Processing".  Hopefully that means they are almost done with it rather than only just starting to deal with it this morning! We will provide a further update when the visa is actually issued. 

DQ date: 2nd October 2020

Interview date: 17th February 2021 (Original Date 26th January 2021 but rescheduled due to "consular resources")

Case updated to Administrative Processing: 1st March 2021

Same here! I'm so glad there's some movement again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.