Brayan Manigat

to automatically have citizenship, the child must be under the age of 18,I hope, will I have American nationality? (merged threads)

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Even if you were lucky to have a quick interview,  the visa is good for 6 months of the date of medical exam (assuming approval)

and you could finish this current semester for credits so this semester money would not be wasted

17 minutes ago, designguy said:

Probably something you should get clarity on

Prior threads on this issue.... sigh

Education is important for the US jobs market. If you’re dropping out to save some money before completing a diploma/degree in the US, that makes sense. If it’s just going to make you a dropout, that doesn’t make sense to me.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

No one can tell you when you will get an interview.  No one can tell you when you will get a visa.  The US Embassy advises not to make any life changes until you have the visa in hand.  It would be best if you followed their advice.  If you choose to ignore their advice, they will not help you if you end up with problems.  

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

No one can tell you when you will get an interview.  No one can tell you when you will get a visa.  The US Embassy advises not to make any life changes until you have the visa in hand.  It would be best if you followed their advice.  If you choose to ignore their advice, they will not help you if you end up with problems.  

yes i agree, i wanted an approximation, by average how much time it usually takes to have an ir2 visa for child of us citizen  like me

1 hour ago, aaron2020 said:

i wanted an approximation, by average how much time it usually takes to have an ir2 visa for child of us citizen  like me

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Prior threads on this issue.... sigh

Education is important for the US jobs market. If you’re dropping out to save some money before completing a diploma/degree in the US, that makes sense. If it’s just going to make you a dropout, that doesn’t make sense to me.

thank you for helping me, it depends on how much time i have left if its 8 years to wait i have the time , but if i only have this year only 4 month left its not enough leaving my school will same me a lot of money, avoiding to wast my money

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Brayan Manigat said:

its not enough leaving my school will same me a lot of money, avoiding to wast my money

Tuition for school in the US is likely a lot more than it is in Haiti.  My advice is get as much education as you can in Haiti at the lower tuition rates, then transfer to a US school with your official transcript after you get your US immigrant visa, whenever that happens.  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
18 hours ago, Brayan Manigat said:

Should I quit my School because NVC approve all my documents ?  my case is actually at the US embassy in  Haiti
I'm 21 yol now 2020, we started around (2017)2017=18y> I'm now 21y 2020 , I'm probably under CSpA > ir2 visa

Should I quit my School because NVC approve all my documents ?
Because we want to save money, i don't know if my embassy will be open???

I'm waiting the interview date, I'm probably an immediate relative  IR 2 category.

how many day to wait ? month to wait ? 2021 ?

PLEASE update your timeline with where you are in the process. Don’t quit school you probably won’t have the interview until mid next year. Are you in secondary school or university? Things will be much easier in the US If you have your high school diploma. There is NO sign of Haiti opening and even if it was COVID safe in the country it’s still not safe For embassy Workers. Expect a long wait my friend.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

19 hours ago, Brayan Manigat said:

yes i agree, i wanted an approximation, by average how much time it usually takes to have an ir2 visa for child of us citizen  like me

i wanted an approximation, by average how much time it usually takes to have an ir2 visa for child of us citizen  like me

All bets are off for 'averages,' because the world has changed significantly with COVID.

CSPA child status protection act, i want to know if it apply for me ?

my lawyer start the process in 2017   i was 18 years old in 2017

2017 > 18 years old
2020 > 21 years old
my father is us citizen

my lawyer let me know nvc approve all my paper July 2020 I'm waiting for interview in Haiti.....waiting embassy to be open

i want to know if CSPA child status protection act, i want to know if it apply automatically for me ? is it automatically activated for me or someone have to do it ?

lets say i miss the cspa '' I hope note '' if i miss it will i have the category F1 family first category visa or ir1 category ???

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Thanks you so much, I'm sorry if i bother you, i was doing double check to make sure everything is right.

to automatically have U.S. citizenship, the child must be under the age of 18,
I was exactly 18 years old in 2017
March 22 - 1999, date of birth
March 22 - 2017 = 18 years

I was 18 when my lawyer started the process, same year, will I have American nationality.

I am not sure, since I do not know the exact date where I was approved by the uscis, and the date he handed over all the documents, or date of filling.

I hope, will I have American nationality?

Sorry, no. If you were not born a citizen, you need to have already entered the US on an immigrant visa/green card and be living in the physical and legal custody of your US citizen parent in the US before you turn 18, to acquire it automatically. Because you will enter after age 18, you will need to meet the requirements to naturalize on your own. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.