Brayan Manigat

to automatically have citizenship, the child must be under the age of 18,I hope, will I have American nationality? (merged threads)

47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1.  The NVC processing is finished .. they have all the documents required 

2. Your application is now in the queue for an interview in Haiti 

3. Once NVC is able to assign you an interview slot ,they will notify you and also send your application packet to the consulate 
4. When the consulate has received the packet they will advise you what you need to do next and how to prepare for the interview 

As lil bear says above. Though would mention that your lawyer is a professional and this is a DIY site so not sure what you mean by looking for “more professional” information? Your lawyer should also be able to explain the details of the process.

Edited by SusieQQQ

My lawyer said to me to prepare for interview, i don't know what question to expect 
all my Google search result i found is about spouse visa ,  fiance ,  i can't find information about child of us citizen visa interview ? Question ?

I'm 21 years old my process started in  (2017)2017=18y> I'm now 21y 2020  , NVC approve and my case is actually in Haiti embassy waiting for interview date !!!!

I'm not clear if my visa going to be IR2 ? /
F1 Family First Preference visa ?       I hope it's an Ir2 visa unlimited each year contrary to the F1 family preference visa !!!

I don't know if i am under the child status protection act CSPA ,

> what my question going to be ???

my lawyer is so busy he don't have time to answer all my question , he said to me he's going to do a lot of things for me , i just have to respond interview question
what question , can anyone lease help me find which question it might be , it's important for me

what kind of question ?

visa - Copy.jpeg

If your lawyer is too busy to answer your questions you should get a new lawyer. He gets paid to help you, after all.

If your father is a citizen and filed an I130 for you before you turned 21 then you are protected under CSPA, and will be IR2 no matter how much time passes, as long as you don’t get married.

1 minute ago, SusieQQQ said:

If your lawyer is too busy to answer your questions you should get a new lawyer. He gets paid to help you, after all.

If your father is a citizen and filed an I130 for you before you turned 21 then you are protected under CSPA, and will be IR2 no matter how much time passes, as long as you don’t get married.

Thank you for your useful help , I'm careful I don't want to upset or make my lawyer angry , even i paid the lawyer for the job , the process is so sensible and important for me I'm avoiding all problem 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Brayan Manigat said:

Thank you for your useful help , I'm careful I don't want to upset or make my lawyer angry , even i paid the lawyer for the job , the process is so sensible and important for me I'm avoiding all problem 

In my opinion, if your case is straight forward, I would drop the lawyer. You should not have to feel like you are going to upset him. As stated earlier, he works for you, not the other way around. This lovely forum is full of people who not only have been through the process but are very knowledgable due to length of time on this forum. 

if you drop the lawyer, you or whomever is paying for your lawyer, will save a lot of money. 

N400 - Naturalization                                                                                                        U.S. Passport

Aug 05, 2018 (Day 1): Applied for Naturalization online                                                  Oct 01, 2019 (Day 1): Sent US Passport Application

Aug 06, 2018 (Day 2): Check Cashed, NOA1 received online                                         Oct 08, 2019 (Day 8 ) : Passport trackable 

Aug 11, 2018 (Day 6): Recvd notification that Biometrics appointment scheduled       Oct 17, 2019 (Day 17) : Received Passport

Aug 13, 2018 (Day 8): Received biometrics appt letter online                                        Oct 21, 2019 (Day 21) : Received Naturalization Cert. back

Aug 28, 2018 (Day 23): Biometrics Appt

May 06, 2019 (Day 274): In Line For Interview

Jun 11, 2019 (Day 311): Interview Date

July 01, 2019 (Day 327) : Oath Ceremony I AM NOW A US CITIZEN!!!!

FROM K-1 PETITION SENT TO OATH CEREMONY WAS ABOUT 7 YEARS 4 MONTHS

After 8 years of marriage divorced October 4, 2021

TO SEE MY FULL TIMELINE GO HERE: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/125109-cdnon-usavt/

15 minutes ago, Brayan Manigat said:

How is a lawyer who won’t help you, avoiding problems?

You have what must be just about the easiest immigrant visa type out there - minor child of US citizen. I am assuming there is no issue in proving paternity etc, in which case I agree with the poster above, you don’t need a lawyer. Your lawyer seems to be telling you to do it all yourself anyway!

6 hours ago, Brayan Manigat said:

You paid your lawyer to help you with the process. You are the client and it is the lawyer's job to answer your questions. If the lawyer is too busy or gets too irritated, you should find a new lawyer, or learn enough about the process to do it yourself.

On 8/24/2020 at 3:42 AM, Adventine said:

You paid your lawyer to help you with the process. You are the client and it is the lawyer's job to answer your questions. If the lawyer is too busy or gets too irritated, you should find a new lawyer, or learn enough about the process to do it yourself.

you have totally reason , it's my father's choice, he's the one who decides
I appreciate your help thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
On 8/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, Brayan Manigat said:

My lawyer said to me to prepare for interview, i don't know what question to expect 
all my Google search result i found is about spouse visa ,  fiance ,  i can't find information about child of us citizen visa interview ? Question ?

I'm 21 years old my process started in  (2017)2017=18y> I'm now 21y 2020  , NVC approve and my case is actually in Haiti embassy waiting for interview date !!!!

I'm not clear if my visa going to be IR2 ? /
F1 Family First Preference visa ?       I hope it's an Ir2 visa unlimited each year contrary to the F1 family preference visa !!!

I don't know if i am under the child status protection act CSPA ,

> what my question going to be ???

my lawyer is so busy he don't have time to answer all my question , he said to me he's going to do a lot of things for me , i just have to respond interview question
what question , can anyone lease help me find which question it might be , it's important for me

what kind of question ?

visa - Copy.jpeg

I’m sorry to hear of the issue with the lawyer. Unfortunately this is not uncommon but that doesn’t  help you right now. Take a deep breath and get done understanding of the process yourself do you don’t feel so reliant on being able to talk to the lawyer 

There are no “set” questions unfortunately for any category of visa interview.   Assuming the paternity link evidence is not questionable , you may be asked questions like - 

your dads full name and birthdate 

where he lives in the US

his work /spouse/ other siblings 

what your plans are ( work school ?? ... no need for solid plans just thoughts)

rechecking answers you submitted on the DS260

If you don’t know an answer say “I don’t know”. Don’t make anything up. Don’t try to think what the IO might be wanting to hear. Be yourself. Be truthful. Nerves get in every bodies way at an interview. 

This is a very useful link .. do a lot of reading. Come back and ask questions as needed 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-10-prepare-for-the-interview.html

Just to add, there are no “wrong” answers in the interview. Your eligibility for the visa rests entirely on the biological (or adopted or step if relevant) relationship to your father. Not knowing exact details about his work or spouse, or not having clear plans about what you want to do in the US, etc are not cause for denial. Denial would only be if the paternal relationship cannot be established, or if you have your own ineligibility for any immigrant visa (mainly this would be a criminal record).

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...

Should I quit my School because NVC approve all my documents ?  my case is actually at the US embassy in  Haiti
I'm 21 yol now 2020, we started around (2017)2017=18y> I'm now 21y 2020 , I'm probably under CSpA > ir2 visa

Should I quit my School because NVC approve all my documents ?
Because we want to save money, i don't know if my embassy will be open???

I'm waiting the interview date, I'm probably an immediate relative  IR 2 category.

how many day to wait ? month to wait ? 2021 ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.