USAjune2016

USCIS launches SAVE feature today

85 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:
19 minutes ago, USAjune2016 said:

We don’t want to go back to Where I came from because this country need us the immigrants. If the US needs immigrants that don't complain that they can't utilize pubic benefits. That defeats the whole purpose of bringing people in to this county who can self sustain. Who kept the US running during the pandemic? Essential workers right? A lot of the nurses, restaurant workers, the people that pick up your trash, transporters, truck drivers... are immigrants. Without them the economy would have Maybe collapsed. True. But they are working. Not collecting public benefits so I'm not sure how this helps your case?

No one in this post has been against immigration... we are on a DIY immigration site after all... but having a system in place that ensures people are compliant with federal laws.. to think there is something wrong with that would lead me to believe you think you were entitled to immigrate to the country...as would be anyone else who just "wants" to come here. 

The fact is those people that are currently working to keep the economy running could lose their job at any moment at no fault of their own. Now they have paid taxes and they would be unable to receive assistance from the same programs that their tax money went to fund.

Maybe we should fix the system and not keep the people helping our country to grow from receiving help.

10 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

No one in this post has been against immigration... we are on a DIY immigration site after all... but having a system in place that ensures people are compliant with federal laws.. to think there is something wrong with that would lead me to believe you think you were entitled to immigrate to the country...as would be anyone else who just "wants" to come here. 

This new feature targets legal  immigration If you agree or not  this what history will tell. You and many others are cheering for this all day long. I asked a psychologist how’s this possible that somebody is cheering for a slap in their face. She thinks it’s because some immigrants come here and because they have Had a bad experience in their home country they may unintentionally don’t want anyone else to come here and ruin their New experience. Therefore I have a better understanding for this strange phenomenon.

B1/B2 -->married USC---> I-130 + I-485 + I-765 :

Sent: 06/20/2016

Biometric: 07/20/2016

RFE: 09/01/2016

RFE reply sent: 10/31/16

EAD received:  11/15/2016

Interview 03/15/2017 APPROVED

ROC:

Package Delivered: 12/21/2018

Text and email with case # received: 12/26/2018 Vermont Service Center

Biometric app. 01/30/2019

Approved: 12/06/2019

Green Card received: 12/12/2019 ❤️📬

N400:

Submitted: 03/06/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I think it’s long overdue, it simple immigration isn’t a right. People need to be prepared for the cost and don’t expect the host country foot the bill. If you want to be mad at anyone be mad at the people who caused this issue, if you moving a family member and don’t factor in their age, you pocket and ability to provide for them in an emergency you should be held responsible. 

The easiest thing in life is to say that this is the law Take it or leave it. We wouldn’t have the freedom we have today if everyone just accepted the laws blindly. The Patriots are the ones that fought for justice and freedom. Enforcing this law is separating loved ones and families from each others simply based on your income. A US citizen deserves to petition his spouse or parents with no fear if they had a lot of money or not. 

I personally don’t care about these “benefits” that I never collected even during the pandemic I chose to risk my life and do my essential duties and I’m still doing so. My problem is not the public means that I really don’t need but it’s how

many people are going to be scared now to petition someone! And how much this country going to lose amazing immigrants.

Life is about love and family not just money and taxes and it saddens me how many people are going be hurt by this and separated from their loved one.

I personally don’t need a sponsor and I also don’t want to bring my parents here because they prefer their home country but Thanks God my mind is so clear that I spoke up against this! I can go to bed relaxed with a big smile on my face. The power of love is amazing. Especially loving someone you don’t know. Try it! 

Edited by USAjune2016

ROC:

N400:

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, threeoten said:
  1. What qualifies as a "means-tested public benefit" that the sponsor would be responsible for reimbursing? 
  2. Also, how does this impact those who are filing with a joint sponsor?

1. Sometimes, sponsored immigrants apply for and receive means-tested public benefits from federal, state, local or tribal agencies. Means-tested public benefits include Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families and the State Child Health Insurance Program. See 8 CFR 2131.1.  

Sponsored immigrants may be ineligible for certain means-tested public benefits because the agency will consider your resources and assets, and those of your household members, when determining the immigrant’s eligibility for the benefits. This is called “income deeming.”

However, if an immigrant named on your affidavit of support receives a means-tested public benefit while the affidavit is enforceable, you, as the sponsor, will be responsible for reimbursing the agency providing the benefit. If you do not reimburse the agency, the agency can obtain a court order for repayment.

35 minutes ago, geowrian said:

You are not the arbitrator of what is moral or not. You have your morals and values. I have mine. I do not tell you what is moral under my value system.

As a society, we have a common set of ethical standards and expectations of people, which is then supported by laws, the executives, law enforcement, and the judicial system.

Under my value system, signing a contract and not abiding by its terms is very wrong. Just because one disagrees with the terms is not a just cause to ignore the terms.

=====

This new initiative does not alter anything that somebody didn't already agree to do under penalty of perjury.

A 5 years old knows that by signing a  Contract you have to apply it’s term so I don’t know why more than 5 people  have been repeating this all day. Are we in school? Do I look like I’m wanted or that I’m breaking the laws daily? Or it’s just showing off that you know how to make a sentence with legal terms? 

I decide what I think it’s moral or not and I have the right to express how I feel about someones statement. For me cheering for a feature that will make immigrants life more difficult just because it doesn’t affect your own affairs is immoral and also selfish. 

If People didn’t speak up and complained about laws we would be living in a dictatorships right now. Laws are made to be modified and updated but it takes some brave people to speak up not people that knows how to make a sentence but bow their head for any law because it’s the Law. I Respect the laws of the United states but I will also speak up if something sound unjust to me!   Do you know why this law was never enforced for decades by both parties because they know it’s brutal, just for your information this will be the biggest hit legal immigration gets in decades. You guys maybe don’t realize yet  how big that is. Wait and see the people suffering and remember me! 

Edited by USAjune2016

ROC:

N400:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 hours ago, USAjune2016 said:

The easiest thing in life is to say that this is the law Take it or leave it. We wouldn’t have the freedom we have today if everyone just accepted the laws blindly. The Patriots are the ones that fought for justice and freedom. Enforcing this law is separating loved ones and families from each others simply based on your income. A US citizen deserves to petition his spouse or parents with no fear if they had a lot of money or not. 

I personally don’t care about these “benefits” that I never collected even during the pandemic I chose to risk my life and do my essential duties and I’m still doing so. My problem is not the public means that I really don’t need but it’s how

many people are going to be scared now to petition someone! And how much this country going to lose amazing immigrants.

Life is about love and family not just money and taxes and it saddens me how many people are going be hurt by this and separated from their loved one.

I personally don’t need a sponsor and I also don’t want to bring my parents here because they prefer their home country but Thanks God my mind is so clear that I spoke up against this! I can go to bed relaxed with a big smile on my face. The power of love is amazing. Especially loving someone you don’t know. Try it! 

Part of love is taking care of the one's you love, not to have someone else take care of them for you. 

3 minutes ago, ch3john said:

Part of love is taking care of the one's you love, not to have someone else take care of them for you. 

Alright but why don’t we apply this on everyone in the country then? It doesn’t bother you that a US citizen by birth gets benefits but it does if it’s a an immigrant that also pays taxes, maybe work harder or contribute to this country more than anyone else? Or let’s just deprive immigrant from those benefits because they’re weak and most of them cheer to any law?  Again I don’t want immigrants coming here just for the benefits but enforcing this law that strictly will deter people from singing the I-864 which means less legal immigrants more illegals

ROC:

N400:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An author of several posts requested their removal, which has been done, along with posts quoting.

[Moderator hat off, regular-member hat on]

Folks, violating a signed contract is guaranteed to make thousands of lawyers break into a very wide grin... and it takes only one lawyer to get an evil gleam in his eye and make your life miserable.

Regarding the topic of this thread, it will almost certainly be many months or even years before USCIS sufficiently collects data from other agencies to coordinate a pursuit of sponsors.  Even then, we all know how efficiently USCIS performs its basic functions, don't we? :P 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

12 hours ago, James120383 said:

Yeah the government is making its own citizens criminals. Sounds like Mafia is running the country. Have they checked the trillions wasted in Iraq, Afghanistan, all wars and bailing out wall street. 

Now the government is worried about the few thousand dollars. Penny foolish Administration 

You know what you signed up for when you started this journey. This should come as no surprise. They shouldn’t be a burden to the taxpayers as well as illegals, IMO. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.