Tim360

Wife came to the US and left me 3 days later

59 posts in this topic

I married a Brazilian girl 3 years ago, I waited for her to come here for 2 years, she kept stalling saying that she has family issues and she uploaded her papers to the NVC website when it was close to our 2 year marriage anniversary. 

she passed her interview and got her visa, arrived here one month after our 2 year anniversary, stayed here for 3 days, all of a sudden she started fighting with me and took her stuff and left.

this was 8 months ago, I was trying to find her ever since but I have no idea where she is, her green card never arrived here so she probably changed her address.

She only answers to my emails, no matter what I say she replies with something like "you are a terrible abusive person"

She told me to file for divorce and said that if I won't then she will.

What can I do? should I report her for fraud to ice? how can I do that? how can I prove that? 

I am afraid to report her because I don't want them to think that I was a part of her plan, I also don't want my parents to get into trouble because they wrote letters saying that our marriage was great. 

1 minute ago, aaron2020 said:

Sorry.

You know that you got used for a green card.

She timed it perfectly so she would get a 10 years green card.

Divorce, protect yourself, and move on.  

So I can't report her?

You see that it's fraud so maybe they will too?

Edited by Tim360

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tim360 said:

So I can't report her?

You see that it's fraud so maybe they will too?

You can report her to USCIS if you want.

While I can see it, you need solid proof.  Otherwise, it's her words vs. yours.  Save yourself from a lot of grief and let it go.  Move on with your life and forget about her.  

Just now, aaron2020 said:

You can report her to USCIS if you want.

While I can see it, you need solid proof.  Otherwise, it's her words vs. yours.  Save yourself from a lot of grief and let it go.  Move on with your life and forget about her.  

Her leaving after 3 days is not a good proof?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You were used for a green card.  You can divorce her but remember you will be on the hook to support her for 10 years (40 quarters) if she stays in the US.  She knew how to game the system so I'm sure she knows this rule as well.

*** Topic moved to "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits"

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Divorce and move on, you were played.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If you do try to keep in contact with her keep it on email.  She MAY say something that can be used later against her.  Just don't get caught up in it and say something that can be used against YOU.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
8 hours ago, Stein said:

You were used for a green card.  You can divorce her but remember you will be on the hook to support her for 10 years (40 quarters) if she stays in the US.  She knew how to game the system so I'm sure she knows this rule as well.

Or life if she chooses not to work. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.