GregAntillian

Foreign fiancee pregnant by someone else

122 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

or forever . . . she never has to become an USC or work 40 quarters.

Don't forget about the availability of stackon credits.  My ex is still an LPR and didn't work 40 qtrs but my i864 is no longer in effect 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

2 hours ago, GregAntillian said:

Going to try and keep this short, mainly looking for more information to see what kind of complications will arise.

USC male here, submitted i-129F back in Jan 2020, still in the waiting process.

Found out that my foreign fiancee is currently pregnant, and the child is definitely not mine.

I don't know much for details currently, as it led to a rather larger fight, as one might assume.

Providing we decide to move forward with our relationship and such, what kind of complications should I expect when it comes to getting approval for the K1 Visa?

Given the time frame of everything, unless the K1 is approved within the next 45 days or so (😂), child will not be born on US soil.

If we decide to continue to move forward and bring her child here, if she puts the father down on the BC, I know we would have to get a release from him to even be able to bring the child over, but what kind of things would be required on my part, short of a CRBA?

Child cannot leave the country unless biological father approves. 

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, James120383 said:

Child cannot leave the country unless biological father approves. 

Generally speaking,  but we don't yet know which country because not true for all countries. 

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Sadly you’re in denial about her being sexual with another man. Maybe when the shock and hurt wears off the logical will hit. No matter how much you love the woman she didn’t respect the relationship as she wouldn’t be pregnant with a child not yours. Logically I would hit the road it wouldn’t be worth all the trouble good luck! 

I can’t speak to the particulars about the workings of the visa, but I just want to say that while whatever you decide is your prerogative, you really should consider how much you are about to invest in a woman who has already been unfaithful to you. You will be signing your life away to support this person. Just keep that in mind. All the best to you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OP must really love this lady.

I would advise you not to do it. What'll happen while you're at work? Have you been supporting her financially,  because if that's the case, then she was enjoying your $$$ with they baby daddy. 

OP look for someone else. Be patient and one will come by. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

59 minutes ago, frodolives said:

I can’t speak to the particulars about the workings of the visa, but I just want to say that while whatever you decide is your prerogative, you really should consider how much you are about to invest in a woman who has already been unfaithful to you. You will be signing your life away to support this person. Just keep that in mind. All the best to you. 

And it looks like she only told him when she was 45 days away from giving birth! And didn't even consider termination. So she knew she was pregnant for months and never mentioned it to her fiancée. But that's OP's business, I don't know how anyone could be OK with this, especially when they are not even married, but it's OP's call

5 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

And it looks like she only told him when she was 45 days away from giving birth! And didn't even consider termination. So she knew she was pregnant for months and never mentioned it to her fiancée. But that's OP's business, I don't know how anyone could be OK with this, especially when they are not even married, but it's OP's call

From the limited information that I have been able to gather, she originally was going to terminate (and likely never tell me), however she has a few issues with her reproductive side of things, and her doctor essentially told her "It's a miracle you were even able to get pregnant, it's not likely to happen again". After hearing that she chose not to terminate and keep it from me for quite a long while, obviously.

I still don't know all the details, but suffice to say things aren't exactly looking promising.

You want to think long and hard about whether going forward with this is a good idea.

As has been mentioned, one key factor is that you will be financially responsible for her and the child for a long time, even if you two divorce.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, GregAntillian said:

From the limited information that I have been able to gather, she originally was going to terminate (and likely never tell me), however she has a few issues with her reproductive side of things, and her doctor essentially told her "It's a miracle you were even able to get pregnant, it's not likely to happen again". After hearing that she chose not to terminate and keep it from me for quite a long while, obviously.

I still don't know all the details, but suffice to say things aren't exactly looking promising.

You had no idea this whole time she was pregnant? Were there any video calls or anything? How long have you been in a relationship? This is a sticky situation I hope you will be able to move on from the hurt. If you were my friend I’d tell you to end things now before you get hurt further. Children are a blessing and I hope she has a safe delivery. 

8 minutes ago, GregAntillian said:

I wouldn't call her a keeper at all. 

Where is the father in all this? Is he aware of the pregnancy? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.