Jump to content
anna.us

Petition to include K1 filers as exemption from travel bans

133 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

the EO of April 2020 (effect date 23April ) is suppose to expire in 60 days (June 23rd or midnight 22nd -not sure which they consider)

and this was in Section 4

I have not heard that the EO was reviewed and extended as stated below but Republican Senators wrote to the administration in  May about the issue and their concerns for legal immigration 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/republican-senators-send-letter-to-president-trump

 

Sec4.  Termination.  This proclamation shall expire 60 days from its effective date and may be continued as necessary.  Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

the EO of April 2020 (effect date 23April ) is suppose to expire in 60 days (June 23rd or midnight 22nd -not sure which they consider)

and this was in Section 4

I have not heard that the EO was reviewed and extended as stated below but Republican Senators wrote to the administration in  May about the issue and their concerns for legal immigration 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/republican-senators-send-letter-to-president-trump

 

Sec4.  Termination.  This proclamation shall expire 60 days from its effective date and may be continued as necessary.  Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation.

 

The petition IS NOT referring to the EO, but the several travel bans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 minute ago, JBF said:

The petition IS NOT referring to the EO, but the several travel bans. 

it is the April 22nd EO order that went into effect April 23rd  EO 9994

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, anna.us said:

Considering the hardship family members, fiancés included, have been enduring during the last months due to COVID-19, we have decided to start a petition to provide equality and solidarity to family members that haven't been considered and therefore excluded from the Coronavirus related bans.

 

Please, sign so we can make the difference!

 

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/process-k1-visas-immediate-family-visas-are-exempt-covid-related-travel-bans

While people can be considered family, legally they're not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

the EO of April 2020 (effect date 23April ) is suppose to expire in 60 days (June 23rd or midnight 22nd -not sure which they consider)

and this was in Section 4

I have not heard that the EO was reviewed and extended as stated below but Republican Senators wrote to the administration in  May about the issue and their concerns for legal immigration 

https://www.aila.org/advo-media/whats-happening-in-congress/congressional-updates/republican-senators-send-letter-to-president-trump

 

Sec4.  Termination.  This proclamation shall expire 60 days from its effective date and may be continued as necessary.  Whenever appropriate, but no later than 50 days from the effective date of this proclamation, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Secretary of Labor, recommend whether I should continue or modify this proclamation.

 

You are confused. The petition is regarding the travel ban as the April eo doesn't affect k1 visas in any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucky Cat said:

The wording on that petition is not correct.  Fiancees are not immediate family members.......immediate family members are related by birth, marriage, or adoption.  

Maybe read it? The petition points out that the ds160 form recognizes fiances as immediate family and therefore should be exempt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Babu Frik said:

While people can be considered family, legally they're not.

 

Maybe read the actual petition before disputing? Fiances ARE LEGALLY RECOGNIZED as immediate family by an approved petition as stated by the DS160 form which requires that the American fiance is listed as immediate family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, anna.us said:

Considering the hardship family members, fiancés included, have been enduring during the last months due to COVID-19, we have decided to start a petition to provide equality and solidarity to family members that haven't been considered and therefore excluded from the Coronavirus related bans.

 

Please, sign so we can make the difference!

 

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/process-k1-visas-immediate-family-visas-are-exempt-covid-related-travel-bans

Thank you for posting this! Just to clarify this petition is regarding the march 11 travel ban and points out that the ds160 form requires k1 applicants to list the American petitioner as immediate family, so as immediate family they should also be exempt from the travel ban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

That is only wording on a form.  It does not create policy or legally recognize fiancees as immediate family.......An immediate family member would complete a DS-260....A fiancee is a close relationship, but not an immediate family member.

 

The DS-260 is simply used in case of immigrant visas, from my understanding it has nothing to do with immediate family status. And the wording on a form such as the DS shouldn’t be wrong, in my opinion.

Edited by JBF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, JBF said:

The DS-260 is simply used in case of immigrant visas, from my understanding it has nothing to do with immediate family status. And the wording on a form such as the DS shouldn’t be wrong, in my opinion.

DS-160 is simply used in case of non-immigrant visas.  DS-160 cannot be used for Spouse, Child or Sibling, so already that screenshot is wrong for DS-160.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...