anna.us

Petition to include K1 filers as exemption from travel bans

133 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Manu8915 said:

the staff

VJ has no "staff".......  all volunteer, DIY site.  However, there are rules, and one of them is that you cannot tell people not to post.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

VJ has no "staff".......  all volunteer, DIY site.  However, there are rules, and one of them is that you cannot tell people not to post.

Never told people not reply 

17 minutes ago, Manu8915 said:

Never told people not reply 

"I don't understand why but people constantly try to argue over random topics  that do not concerns them directly - just LEAVE this TOPIC."

"If you think that this Petition is wrong for you, just move on."

Telling people to "move on" or "leave this topic" is the same as telling them not to reply (you can't reply if you leave the topic or move on...).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
13 minutes ago, geowrian said:

"I don't understand why but people constantly try to argue over random topics  that do not concerns them directly - just LEAVE this TOPIC."

"If you think that this Petition is wrong for you, just move on."

Telling people to "move on" or "leave this topic" is the same as telling them not to reply (you can't reply if you leave the topic or move on...).

This is just a suggestion. Never said do not comment. I am entitled to give my opinion. 

geowrian is also entitled to provide opinion.

frankly the hostility in your posts moves me not to even bother with the petition as it seems that people do not understand that an incorrectly worded petition will ultimately hurt rather than help their cases.

your first post states you respect others, but i have frankly not seen any of that demonstrated.

i do agree though that k1 should be exempted from any travel bans and that the wording on the ds 160 document be clarified as to not cause the sort of confusion seen here.

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Timeline
8 hours ago, Prizm123 said:

geowrian is also entitled to provide opinion.

frankly the hostility in your posts moves me not to even bother with the petition as it seems that people do not understand that an incorrectly worded petition will ultimately hurt rather than help their cases.

your first post states you respect others, but i have frankly not seen any of that demonstrated.

i do agree though that k1 should be exempted from any travel bans and that the wording on the ds 160 document be clarified as to not cause the sort of confusion seen here.

The petition was corrected by me and the OP, we tried to send the correct version and I’m actually still hoping someone will express their opinion about it, but honestly I believe it won’t happen. It was a try anyway and definitely better than nothing. 

Edited by JBF

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JBF said:

The petition was corrected by me and the OP, we tried to send the correct version and I’m actually still hoping someone will express their opinion about it, but honestly I believe it won’t happen. It was a try anyway and definitely better than nothing. 

So..no apologies for the countless insults and accusations you threw at this helpful community? 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

So..no apologies for the countless insults and accusations you threw at this helpful community? 

I wasn’t being verbally aggressive in any way, simply expressing my opinion as everyone did. In certain posts i was told incorrect things, and you can easily read it, and I replied. And of course, many people were being negative. Obviously if I’m told something, I will reply, exactly as everyone did. I’m not sure why you believe I owe any apologies, i didn’t insult anyone and I don’t understand where you see any insults, please show me if you’re that convinced about what you said. Considering how most people were being extremely critic, but as soon as I tried to correct the petition that had been created no one had anything to say about it anymore, that shows quite a lot, honestly. 

Edited by JBF

Timeline
32 minutes ago, JBF said:

I wasn’t being verbally aggressive in any way, simply expressing my opinion as everyone did. In certain posts i was told incorrect things, and you can easily read it, and I replied. And of course, many people were being negative. Obviously if I’m told something, I will reply, exactly as everyone did. I’m not sure why you believe I owe any apologies, i didn’t insult anyone and I don’t understand where you see any insults, please show me if you’re that convinced about what you said. Considering how most people were being extremely critic, but as soon as I tried to correct the petition that had been created no one had anything to say about it anymore, that shows quite a lot, honestly. 

ohhh ok then...you did accuse many CR1 and IR1 of not being supportive and wishing negative things but....Best of luck wish you all the best in all your endeavors I hope things work out for you.

Timeline
1 minute ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

ohhh ok then...you did accuse many CR1 and IR1 of not being supportive and wishing negative things but....Best of luck wish you all the best in all your endeavors I hope things work out for you.

I did say it as many people with the spousal were saying how they were not okay with fiancés being considered immediate family members, and it seemed to be going beyond the merely legal aspect of it. It’s simply my opinion though, I appreciate those who were able to answer in a constructive way. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, JBF said:

I did say it as many people with the spousal were saying how they were not okay with fiancés being considered immediate family members, and it seemed to be going beyond the merely legal aspect of it. It’s simply my opinion though, I appreciate those who were able to answer in a constructive way. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they perceive things yes. I'm sorry if the criticism of certain things in the petition came off as "not supportive" maybe some members should have used softer words and more tact maybe? Maybe some posters were too emotionally invested in this topic and it influenced how they posted maybe?. Its a topic of miscommunication I think and not of not being supportive and I'm sorry if you felt that way. Its not we all support and help each other.

Best of luck in everything :) 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, OrihimeandIchigo said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and how they perceive things yes. I'm sorry if the criticism of certain things in the petition came off as "not supportive" maybe some members should have used softer words and more tact maybe? Maybe some posters were too emotionally invested in this topic and it influenced how they posted maybe?. Its a topic of miscommunication I think and not of not being supportive and I'm sorry if you felt that way. Its not we all support and help each other.

Best of luck in everything :) 

Absolutely, I agree. And thank you, good luck to you too! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
On 6/20/2020 at 8:55 AM, anna.us said:

Considering the hardship family members, fiancés included, have been enduring during the last months due to COVID-19, we have decided to start a petition to provide equality and solidarity to family members that haven't been considered and therefore excluded from the Coronavirus related bans.

Please, sign so we can make the difference!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/process-k1-visas-immediate-family-visas-are-exempt-covid-related-travel-bans

Look  fiance's that  are coming into the country now.  my spouse is still waiting! Fiance's are coming. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.