dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

Are you kidding me?? This is week 3 for us. That's why I'm totally losing my mind, and I think @Binbin22 's has been longer than a week for sure. So has my other friend who isn't on VJ - hers is week 3 as well. Glad you got your DQ though. 

Yeah, this doesn't make sense to me at all. And trust me, I know how you feel. Hopefully it will resolve for you all by the end of this week. Good luck with your process.

16 minutes ago, Rosie91 said:

Just recieved our DQ! Only 1 submittion no RFE! Submitted everything on may 27th. 

@AarLar

Submitted 26th of may sorry.

Feb 14 2019: Send I-130(a)
Feb 19 2019: Delivered

Feb 21 2019: Received NOA1 assigned to Nebraska Service Center

Oct 2 2019: Send I-129F

Oct 7th 2019: Delivered

Oct: 11th 2019: Received NOA1

March 30th 2020: I-130 Approved 

April 13th 2020: Case received by the NVC

May 1st 2020: NVC Welcome email received

May 1st 2020: Paid Bills, processed on May 5th 2020

May 15th 2020: First initial submission

May 26th 2020: Final submission

June 1st 2020: DQ NVC

Waiting for interview letter..

2 hours ago, hscoots said:

Called NVC today, of course they've not received it from USCIS which was approved early last week. I hate this whole process so much, getting penalized at every step it feels like. 

Did your USCIS case status change to "sent to department of state" yet? We were approved on April 21st, "Sent to Department of State" on May 19th, and when I called NVC early last week they said it could take 6 weeks for them to receive the case from UCSIS. I thought it was 6 weeks from NOA2...not six weeks from USCIS sending (an entire month after NOA2!)

I just can't fathom how it could take that long. 

How quickly did everyone else's case get to NVC?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
17 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

Did your USCIS case status change to "sent to department of state" yet? We were approved on April 21st, "Sent to Department of State" on May 19th, and when I called NVC early last week they said it could take 6 weeks for them to receive the case from UCSIS. I thought it was 6 weeks from NOA2...not six weeks from USCIS sending (an entire month after NOA2!)

I just can't fathom how it could take that long. 

How quickly did everyone else's case get to NVC?

Ya my case status says it was sent on May 27th to NVC.  From what I understand IOE numbers get to NVC right away, which is what I've. 

I hope you get ur nvc welcome letter soon, can't imagine having to wait this long, really sucks. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Quarknase said:

No. You are not a permanent resident until you entered the US so the travel bans still apply to those that are not exempt. You don't get the actual greencard or anything like that at the embassy. You get an immigrant visa and you activate the permanent resident status at point of entry.

Embassy re-opening will likely have little to do with a travel ban, but more so with orders from DOS and local re-openings in combination.

You’re correct when you say you don’t become a legal permanent resident until you enter the country, but at the same time the declaration (for Brazil at least) says that US citizens, LPR, and then further down it says spouses, children and Unmarried siblings under 21 of US citizens are exempt. 
I think most people on here are trying to bring spouses and children over, so from my understanding most of us aren’t affected.... unless you’re a LPR sponsoring someone.  

1. Married: 02/25/2017
    I-130 sent: 03/25/2019
    I-130 NOA1: 04/02/2019
    I-129F (K3) sent: 08/26/2019
    I-129F NOA1: 08/29/2019
    I-129F Denied: 09/29/2019
    I-130 NOA2 Approved 09/29/2019
    Case sent to NVC 10/08/2019
    NVC Received Case 10/10/2019
    Received IV & AOS Bill 11/01/2019
    Payed IV & AOS Fees 11/09/2019

DQ’d today, June 1st.

Submitted Civil Docs - May 13th

Submitted AOS Docs - May 17th

Good luck to everyone still waiting, hope you all hear something soon!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
58 minutes ago, DeParaquedasBrasi said:

You’re correct when you say you don’t become a legal permanent resident until you enter the country, but at the same time the declaration (for Brazil at least) says that US citizens, LPR, and then further down it says spouses, children and Unmarried siblings under 21 of US citizens are exempt. 
I think most people on here are trying to bring spouses and children over, so from my understanding most of us aren’t affected.... unless you’re a LPR sponsoring someone.  

That’s correct but NVC stage isn’t only for immediate family members so I felt it’s important that we state it correct  to avoid others making plans that then turn out to not work out 🙂

Congrats to so many DQ’s! Now I officially think they skipped March lol

2 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I submitted my DS-260 on May 16th, I believe. But I haven't yet submitted all of my civil documents (still awaiting their arrival in the mail). However, this morning I got an email regarding my application. I have a message on CEAC that says "DS-260 Review note". I can't read the message, as I know many other people are struggling with also. Is my only option to call the NVC to find out what it says? 

Yes, you can call them and asked them. I had the same message from them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

I submitted my DS-260 on May 16th, I believe. But I haven't yet submitted all of my civil documents (still awaiting their arrival in the mail). However, this morning I got an email regarding my application. I have a message on CEAC that says "DS-260 Review note". I can't read the message, as I know many other people are struggling with also. Is my only option to call the NVC to find out what it says? 

I got the same message too, as did a friend of mine who isn't on VJ but is at the same status as I am - not all civil documents submitted AND awaiting processing of the AOS fee (IV fee long processed). Is your AOS fee status PAID or is it IN PROCESS? AND we are ALL from Canada! I'm wondering what is going on with processing from Canada...

Just now, Ncornejo7 said:

Yes, you can call them and asked them. I had the same message from them.

Thanks! 

Just now, CGs_Mother said:

I got the same message too, as did a friend of mine who isn't on VJ but is at the same status as I am - not all civil documents submitted AND awaiting processing of the AOS fee (IV fee long processed). Is your AOS fee status PAID or is it IN PROCESS? AND we are ALL from Canada! I'm wondering what is going on with processing from Canada...

Thanks, I still have to submit my birth certificate. and our AOS fee has been processed, we are planning on submitting the rest of those documents once I get my birth certificate in the mail. 

That is interesting that we are all from Canada and having this issue. I just don't want to waste hours on the phone if they're just going to tell me I have missing documents. But if there's something wrong with my application I want to know. So gotta call I guess.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Thanks! 

Thanks, I still have to submit my birth certificate. and our AOS fee has been processed, we are planning on submitting the rest of those documents once I get my birth certificate in the mail. 

That is interesting that we are all from Canada and having this issue. I just don't want to waste hours on the phone if they're just going to tell me I have missing documents. But if there's something wrong with my application I want to know. So gotta call I guess.. 

I tried opening the note in Chrome, IE (because CEAC told me to use IE) and Firefox and I couldn't see the note. If it's "your application cannot be processed because documents are missing" that's a bit obvious, but if it's "Hey, you're from Canada, come on over, you didn't need to do any of this" that would be awesome! :D lol 

5 hours ago, starboogie said:

Hey everyone,

Can you tell me from your own experience how long after paying AOS and IV fees does it take for the status to go from In Process to Paid?

I know that the website says wait 2-3 business days. Has that timeframe been accurate for any of you?

Just wondering because I processed the payment on May 27th, and the funds were withdrawn from my account on May 28th. I’m curious, and lowkey worried that the adjustment could take weeks like I have seen some people experience as mentioned on some other VJ threads.

For us, the IV fee shows up as payed since May 28th (account debited on the 27th), but the AOS fee still shows “in progress”. We had an error message when trying to pay it for the first time and then re-tried and it worked. I’ve read that people had the same issue and were stuck for weeks with this status 😩

Marriage: 03/16/2018 ❤️💍👱‍♀️🧑
Birth of our daughter: 11/24/2018 👶🥰

USCIS Stage

I-130 submitted: 10/01/2019 😃
I-130 USCIS Lockbox received: 10/03/2019 
I-130 NOA1 received: 10/08/2019 --> Assigned to Nebraska Service Center 😩
I-129F (K3) submitted: 11/01/2019 :idea:

I-129F (K3) USCIS Lockbox received: 11/06/2019 

I-129F (K3) NOA1 received: 11/14/2019 😃🙏🏻
I-130 approved: 05/21/2020 —> NOA2 came from Texas Service Center 🥳❤️

NVC Stage
Case Number received: 05/22/2020 —> via Email 😃
Paid IV and AOS fee: 05/23/2020
IV fee processed (AOS fee is stuck😭) 05/28/2020
Submitted IV application and civil documents: 06/02/2020
Submitted inquiry to NVC for AOS fee being "stuck" (known NVC system issue): 06/02/2020 --> Let the waiting begin - again.... 
AOS fee finally marked as payed: 06/10/2020 🥳

Timeline
4 minutes ago, B&C2017 said:

For us, the IV fee shows up as payed since May 28th (account debited on the 27th), but the AOS fee still shows “in progress”. We had an error message when trying to pay it for the first time and then re-tried and it worked. I’ve read that people had the same issue and were stuck for weeks with this status 😩

I am one of those people :( . They've taken the money out and we don't have enough to pay a second time. Another friend of mine also got the error status, they repaid, and now they are waiting, too. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.