dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
39 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

let us know if your strategy of submitting another document works because that's what my husband and I are planning on doing to maybe move forward. we Submitted march 30th. thanks

I tried this on April 24 and nothing 😆 But I’m also only F2A category so maybe they put our case in the spam folder until they run out of other cases 🤣

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I tried this on April 24 and nothing 😆 But I’m also only F2A category so maybe they put our case in the spam folder until they run out of other cases 🤣

we are F2A as well!

when was your first submission?

Timeline
1 minute ago, MarlinCobon said:

we are F2A as well!

when was your first submission?

According to NVC rep on March 31st. I thought it was April 9th (when we submitted the last document) but apparently they counted the first batch too. Yours?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

According to NVC rep on March 31st. I thought it was April 9th (when we submitted the last document) but apparently they counted the first batch too. Yours?

first submission march 30th second submission march 31st as well :) you called to ask about your case?

Timeline
1 minute ago, MarlinCobon said:

first submission march 30th second submission march 31st as well :) you called to ask about your case?

I called on April 24 because I found it weird that approvals were all over the place while NVC insisted to others on the phone that they’re working cases by submission date. I started questioning myself and called to ask if my submissions went through and everything is at NVC for review since I had so many upload problems 😄

They confirmed and said that they have a submission from March 31st and from April 9th.

Later that day when I saw first immediate DQs after document upload I uploaded more stuff under additional to see what happens.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I called on April 24 because I found it weird that approvals were all over the place while NVC insisted to others on the phone that they’re working cases by submission date. I started questioning myself and called to ask if my submissions went through and everything is at NVC for review since I had so many upload problems 😄

They confirmed and said that they have a submission from March 31st and from April 9th.

Later that day when I saw first immediate DQs after document upload I uploaded more stuff under additional to see what happens.

I see!

I don't know what they got going on. I will probably end up calling to ask <_<

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

I see!

I don't know what they got going on. I will probably end up calling to ask <_<

Yes but honestly we wouldn’t go anywhere at the moment due to the executive order so what does it matter... I recently flew to my husband to wait it out in his country. I anticipate the EO to be extended so I’ll wait here until I hopefully receive my naturalization interview date...

Timeline
1 minute ago, Quarknase said:

Yes but honestly we wouldn’t go anywhere at the moment due to the executive order so what does it matter... I recently flew to my husband to wait it out in his country. I anticipate the EO to be extended so I’ll wait here until I hopefully receive my naturalization interview date...

hopefully it will not be extended and Guatemala its very fast at giving interviews and a small country so not a lot of applications... 

14 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

hopefully it will not be extended and Guatemala its very fast at giving interviews and a small country so not a lot of applications... 

My wife is currently in Guatemala we havent received any IL and my wife case got DQ on May 29th. It's really up for the president of Guatemala to activate the country. I'm hoping for the interview before November. 

Edited by Ncornejo7

In case anyone needs to feel better about their own situation / waiting time, we've been in this process since January. Submitted all docs 30 Jan, received RFE 7 April, received a case review note on 16 May, and today I called and received more information verbally. So back to submitting something again today and we have no idea when it'll be approved. Also to give people piece of mind (that it might not apply to them), we are struggling with AOS evidence for foreign earned income. It seems there's confusion that we don't have W-2s -- although I can't believe this is that crazy of a scenario. Good luck to everyone!

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ncornejo7 said:

My wife is currently in Guatemala we havent received any IL and my wife case got DQ on May 29th. It's really up for the president of Guatemala to activate the country. I'm hoping for the interview before November. 

I don't think they will be so backup to be honest.

They just announced today about a plan to reopen the country in 4 phases, so hopefully another month an half or so.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200603/481590604099/guatemala-organiza-su-desconfinamiento-por-covid-19-en-cuatro-fases.html  

Timeline
10 minutes ago, StephNL said:

In case anyone needs to feel better about their own situation / waiting time, we've been in this process since January. Submitted all docs 30 Jan, received RFE 7 April, received a case review note on 16 May, and today I called and received more information verbally. So back to submitting something again today and we have no idea when it'll be approved. Also to give people piece of mind (that it might not apply to them), we are struggling with AOS evidence for foreign earned income. It seems there's confusion that we don't have W-2s -- although I can't believe this is that crazy of a scenario. Good luck to everyone!

I’m sorry to hear - that must be frustrating! I have a question about the foreign income - did NVC confirm that it can be used? To my knowledge only US based income can be used for sponsorship since they wouldn’t make a contract with someone that doesn’t have the financial means in the US. Curious to hear more about how that can be accepted in your case!

7 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

I’m sorry to hear - that must be frustrating! I have a question about the foreign income - did NVC confirm that it can be used? To my knowledge only US based income can be used for sponsorship since they wouldn’t make a contract with someone that doesn’t have the financial means in the US. Curious to hear more about how that can be accepted in your case!

Well let's see what happens. They have accepted my tax returns but have struggled with the support for the "Wages" number - so now they've asked me to write a letter to explain this. And also to include that we will work for the same companies in the US. I am hesitant because of all of the uncertainty so I've included Proof of Assets now too. Hopefully this will be it but I'm not confident yet. Luckily we can't really move forward to interview now anyway but I'd like to be done thinking about it. 

Edited by StephNL

27 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

I don't think they will be so backup to be honest.

They just announced today about a plan to reopen the country in 4 phases, so hopefully another month an half or so.

https://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20200603/481590604099/guatemala-organiza-su-desconfinamiento-por-covid-19-en-cuatro-fases.html  

Thank you for that info, I appreciate it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.