dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2020

621 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone,

Can you tell me from your own experience how long after paying AOS and IV fees does it take for the status to go from In Process to Paid?

I know that the website says wait 2-3 business days. Has that timeframe been accurate for any of you?

Just wondering because I processed the payment on May 27th, and the funds were withdrawn from my account on May 28th. I’m curious, and lowkey worried that the adjustment could take weeks like I have seen some people experience as mentioned on some other VJ threads.

Edited by starboogie

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
51 minutes ago, sc_queens said:

I can't believe it, I just got DQ. I submitted all my AOS docs on Saturday and I got a DQ this morning. I am filled with joy. Thanks everyone for your help and support.

Now waiting for the embassies to open and get the interview. Lol

Amazing!  Congrats!  Got mine today as well so the next waiting game for embassies awaits us!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, starboogie said:

Hey everyone,

Can you tell me from your own experience how long after paying AOS and IV fees does it take for the status to go from In Process to Paid?

I know that the website says wait 2-3 business days. Has that timeframe been accurate for any of you?

Just wondering because I processed the payment on May 27th, and the funds were withdrawn from my account on May 28th. I’m curious, and lowkey worried that the adjustment could take weeks like I have seen some people experience as mentioned on some other VJ threads.

It was accurate, took 2 days before it showed as paid. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, starboogie said:

Hey everyone,

Ours took 5 business days...went through a weekend so it took a week.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Jodie876 said:

It was accurate, took 2 days before it showed as paid. 

25 minutes ago, saraannbailey said:

Ours took 5 business days...went through a weekend so it took a week.

Ooh okay, thank you both for replying! I really appreciate it! ☺️ Hopefully in the next couple days, it will update for me. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, sc_queens said:

@CGs_Mother

I think it took a week for me. 

Are you kidding me?? This is week 3 for us. That's why I'm totally losing my mind, and I think @Binbin22 's has been longer than a week for sure. So has my other friend who isn't on VJ - hers is week 3 as well. Glad you got your DQ though. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, starboogie said:

Hey everyone,

We paid our AOS fee and our IV fee on May 20, 2020. Both fees were taken out of our account on May 21, 2020. The IV fee was processed by May 25, 2020. We are STILL WAITING for the AOS fee to go through. Apparently they say it can take up to 3 weeks. It is driving us crazy because we can't do anything until the AOS fee goes through at their end. All of the IV documents except for the police check, due this week, have been uploaded. Oh and yes we paid out of a US account. **headdesk**

Edited by CGs_Mother

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Called NVC today, of course they've not received it from USCIS which was approved early last week. I hate this whole process so much, getting penalized at every step it feels like. 

Edited by hscoots

Timeline
42 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

We paid our AOS fee and our IV fee on May 20, 2020. Both fees were taken out of our account on May 21, 2020. The IV fee was processed by May 25, 2020. We are STILL WAITING for the AOS fee to go through. Apparently they say it can take up to 3 weeks. It is driving us crazy because we can't do anything until the AOS fee goes through at their end. All of the IV documents except for the police check, due this week, have been uploaded. Oh and yes we paid out of a US account. **headdesk**

Wow I really don’t understand why for some people the status changes to Paid rather quickly, and for others it takes so long. It is such an odd thing to me. But I guess not totally surprising as things with this entire immigration process tend to be very troublesome.

I’m sorry it is taking so long for you, and I hope it resolves ASAP for you! Hang in there! 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, starboogie said:

Wow I really don’t understand why for some people the status changes to Paid rather quickly, and for others it takes so long. It is such an odd thing to me. But I guess not totally surprising as things with this entire immigration process tend to be very troublesome.

I’m sorry it is taking so long for you, and I hope it resolves ASAP for you! Hang in there! 

I have heard of quite a few people lately where it is taking a much longer than usual time for payments to go through...FYI.

I submitted my DS-260 on May 16th, I believe. But I haven't yet submitted all of my civil documents (still awaiting their arrival in the mail). However, this morning I got an email regarding my application. I have a message on CEAC that says "DS-260 Review note". I can't read the message, as I know many other people are struggling with also. Is my only option to call the NVC to find out what it says? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
10 hours ago, AarLar said:

@dwheels76, do you really think the embassies won’t open until the travel ban is lifted? Because once you get your greencard, you can go to the states as the travel ban doesn’t apply, right?

No. You are not a permanent resident until you entered the US so the travel bans still apply to those that are not exempt. You don't get the actual greencard or anything like that at the embassy. You get an immigrant visa and you activate the permanent resident status at point of entry.

Embassy re-opening will likely have little to do with a travel ban, but more so with orders from DOS and local re-openings in combination.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, CGs_Mother said:

Are you kidding me?? This is week 3 for us. That's why I'm totally losing my mind, and I think @Binbin22 's has been longer than a week for sure. So has my other friend who isn't on VJ - hers is week 3 as well. Glad you got your DQ though. 

Yes I have.. and it’s soooo frustrating.. I spoke to them today and it’s the same thing..😡🙄😡🙄

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.