Jump to content

Rosie91

Members
  • Content Count

    118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

4 Followers

About Rosie91

  • Rank
    Member
  • Member # 322262
  • Location 's Hertogenbosch, Netherlands

Profile Information

  • City
    New York
  • State
    New Jersey

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    IR-1/CR-1 Visa
  • Country
    Netherlands

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

1,331 profile views
  1. We were hoping to get out of here within a year from today, so I think that will happen, I just checked the interview wait time for Amsterdam (without the corona impact) and that is 5 weeks.. so we should be okay.
  2. Well so far this process sounds pretty fast to me, I had to wait 400 days for my NOA2.. Anyone seeing any delays in the interview stage so far? Probably depends on how your country is effected by COVID.
  3. Completely new here, our I-130 got approved a few days ago. I see several experiences so far. First question, what is a dq?😅 second question, how long is the average process time for the nvc now? If nothing goes wrong with filing and paying fees etc?
  4. So, We called the embassy, ICE and ended up with the USCIS. I finally have some answers, so for the ones that are looking for it too, here we go. Normally: Extend your trip on a ESTA or Visa waiver can not be extended. We all knew this already. HOWEVER: Due to the virus they have an exception. If you entered/booked your trip before the outbreak (which we did) and you have the intention to leave, by booking a ticket, show that your employed or have a house/rental in your own country, they can now give you an extension of 30 days on top of the 90 days. The USCIS will decided your eligibility within 48 hours. There is no online form you can fill in, you simple have to call the USCIS and schedule a phone appointment with one of the consultants. Everyone thank you for your help! It's not that we cannot fly back, we just don't feel comfortable yet and we can stay here with family as long as we need. Mystery solved.
  5. So, We called the embassy, ICE and ended up with the USCIS. I finally have some answers,, so for the ones that are looking for it too, here we go. Noramlly: Extend your trip on a ESTA or Visa waiver can not be extended. We all knew this already. HOWEVER: Due to the virus they have an exception. If you entered/booked your trip before the outbreak (which we did) and you have the intention to leave, by booking a ticket, show that your employed or have a house/rental in your own country, they can now give you an extension of 30 days on top of the 90 days. The USCIS will decided your eligibility within 48 hours. There is no online form you can fill in, you simple have to call the USCIS and schedule a phone appointment with one of the consultants. Mystery solved.
  6. No worries! Haha, i did understand. I mend I am going to explore both options. Maybe there is a possibility that they can change it to a b2 too.
  7. They do, the flights are super expensive (2000/4000$), and I already booked one and it got canceled. I only want a direct flight home. I don't mind staying longer, we have a place to stay and it prevent me and my hubby from being apart during these crazy times. Also I just don't feel comfortable traveling from one epi center to another. My issue is, what if I do get it and I would be sick for weeks, and than I need to overstay. My intention is to fly back in a month from now, when the prizes aren't that crazy and maybe things are looking a little bit better. Thanks for sharing this. I might try both options.
  8. Hi everyone, Not sure if there is already a topic opened about this I just did, but I also want to pop the question here. I booked my trip to the US on January 28th. Me and my husband (US citizen) stayed with my family in law in Florida, entered the usa on March 2nd. From that day the Corona started to spread heavily and it resulted in to a canceled flight back home. There were no direct flights back home (Netherlands) I either had to stop in Mexico or Spain, which I didn't feel comfortable with. (I don't want to be stuck in a another country). We decided to travel up to New Jersey. New York offered direct flights back home. I booked one for the 3rd of April. You can guess, canceled. Now the spread has even gotten worse here in New Jersey, but also in my country. Everyone says the best thing for me to do is to stay until it gets better and I don't feel comfortable flying now at all. But I have to leave the country by June 2nd (ESTA). Since we have a pending CR1 visa, I don't want to overstay. But what happens if I get sick or there will be a complete Lockdown, here or in the Netherlands. Crossing the boarding in Canada or Mexico is impossible, they wont let you cross now. Anyone with a similar story with more answers than me? Please help me out.
  9. Hi everyone, Not sure if there is already a topic opened about this. I booked my trip to the US on January 28th. Me and my husband (US citizen) stayed with my family in law in Florida, entered the usa on March 2nd. From that day the Corona started to spread heavily and it resulted in to a canceled flight back home. There were no direct flights back home (netherlands) I either had to stop in Mexico or Spain, which I didn't feel comfortable with. ( I don't want to be stuck in a another country). We decided to travel up to New Jersey. New York offered direct flights back home. I booked one for the 3rd of April. You can guess, canceled. Now the spread has even gotten worse here in New Jersey, but also in my country. Everyone says the best thing for me to do is to stay until it gets better and I don't feel comfortable flying now at all. But I have to leave the country by June 2nd (ESTA). Since we have a pending CR1 visa, I don't want to overstay. But what happens if I get sick or there will be a complete Lockdown, here or in the Netherlands. Crossing the boarding in Canada or Mexico is impossible, they wont let you cross now. Anyone with a similar story with more answers than me? Please help me out.
  10. Yes!!!!!!!!! Finally approved!!!!!!!!! Pd date 19 feb 2019, noa2 approved on 30 march 2020. After waiting for over 400 days I can finally say bye nebraska!! 😱🙏🙏🙏 for the ones still waiting, they are still working and your day will come. 🤛💪
  11. Nope my husband lives with me for several years. We have the pd 19 feb 2019.. still waiting over 400 days now
×
×
  • Create New...