dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Yesterday I sent a expedited request to the embassy and NVC. This morning I got an email from the embassy saying that

Thank you for your message. As of March 16, the United States Embassy in Algeria cancelled all routine visa services and is currently only providing emergency services for U.S. citizens. As the situation with the COVID-19 outbreak continues to develop, we are working to return to normal operations as quickly as possible, but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. It’s frustrating to just wait. Started the whole process august 29/ 2017. 

After we have returned to normal operations, please email us again with your contact information and information about your situation and we will respond as soon as possible. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hmm, the US Embassy Jamaica just had a Facebook video that said the Department of State had said IR1/CR1/IR2/CR2 are not routine and they would be scheduling interviews for those 4 categories soon.  Though at a reduced capacity.    Starting with the interviews that were cancelled.    The embassy representative also said they were reviewing cases and posting messages to CEAC ahead of actual interviews.  In an effort to streamline the process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kate.Alday said:

Hello guys. Look what I found on official embassy site of Poland. I think it’s good news for spouses! 

The Embassy is currently processing immigrant visa cases for the spouses and children of U.S. Citizens (visa classes IR-1, CR-1, IR-2, and CR-2) only.  We can only process children of U.S. citizens if they are currently under the age of 21.  We are in the process of contacting those applicants whose original visa appointments were cancelled and who are now eligible for processing.  With the exception of certain emergencies, the Embassy is not currently processing any other classes of immigrant and diversity visas.  Please consult our Frequently Asked Questions regarding rescheduling of appointments and the applicability of exceptions for certain travelers, as well as how these restrictions impact citizens of Belarus.  Please see our nonimmigrant visa page for information relating to tourist/business (category B1/B2) visas, student visas (categories F and M), exchange visas (category J) and work visas (categories H, L, O, P and R).

https://pl.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

@NMHayek Yes, this is what the US embassy in Jamaica said yesterday. These categories are now mission critical and are not considered part of the routine visa services that are suspended. Good news!!! Thanks for sharing!!

The US embassy in Spain has not updated that text yet. Ours still says all visa services are suspended and will resume as soon as possible, but for now there's no date. 😔 So looks like not all countries are working on this yet, but it's good news for those who are!! 

Just curious, are Jamaica and Poland currently under a state of alarm? Maybe this bulletin will be updated as soon as the country comes out of the lockdown period? 

37 minutes ago, SETETA said:

DOS updated their website yesterday:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/Proclamation-Suspending-Entry-of-Immigrants-Who-Present-Risk-to-the-US-labor-market.html

IR1/2s are mentioned in final paragraphs as mission critical.

This is really good news! It definitely gives the embassies tacit permission to process these and conduct interviews assuming the home country designates in person working "safe."  We are at the London embassy and the UK is basically open now from what I can tell. My partner called yesterday to see if they could give us any hints and the embassy basically just said "we don't know anything" but maybe this new DOS statement will provide more guidance!  

46 minutes ago, Alexsea said:

The US embassy in Spain has not updated that text yet. Ours still says all visa services are suspended and will resume as soon as possible, but for now there's no date. 😔 So looks like not all countries are working on this yet, but it's good news for those who are!! 

Just curious, are Jamaica and Poland currently under a state of alarm? Maybe this bulletin will be updated as soon as the country comes out of the lockdown period? 

Hi Alexsea!

We called the medical center in Madrid (the only one authorized to do the medical exams) and they told us the Embassy has been scheduling a FEW people in the last week! The doctor said we couldn't schedule the exam without the Embassy appointment confirmation page but that they are starting to go back to normal.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
5 minutes ago, MS&JA said:

Hi Alexsea!

We called the medical center in Madrid (the only one authorized to do the medical exams) and they told us the Embassy has been scheduling a FEW people in the last week! The doctor said we couldn't schedule the exam without the Embassy appointment confirmation page but that they are starting to go back to normal.

Keeping our fingers crossed.

I stand corrected. Vietnam has updated their site too---hopefully others will soon follow: 

Vietnam has updated their page too https://vn.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/

Partial Resumption of Immigrant Visa Processing: Beginning Monday June 29, the Consulate will conduct interviews for IR-1, IR-2, CR-1 and CR-2 immigrant visa applicants who had appointments scheduled in March, April and May that were canceled because of COVID-19. Please visit this page to make a reschedule appointment. Please note that currently we are only allowed to interview these four categories; if applicants for other immigrant visa categories make appointments, they will be canceled. Also note that at this time, we are only allowed to issue IR-2 and CR-2 visas to applicants who are under 21 years of age.

* For all immigrant visa applicants other than IR-1, IR-2, CR-1 and CR-2, the Consulate is not conducting routine visa appointments. Please click here to request consideration for an emergency appointment. We will resume routine interviewing as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. We will post instructions for rescheduling interviews for applicants who missed previously scheduled appointments because of COVID-19 cancellations.

* Previously Issued Visas and Visa Renewals: If you already have a U.S. immigrant visa that has not expired, you may still use it to immigrate to the United States. If your immigrant visa has expired due to factors beyond your control, please contact our office here for instructions on how to renew it; there is a fee, and you will need to undergo a new medical examination. Note that we presently cannot renew visas in categories suspended by President Trump’s April 22 Proclamation.

2 hours ago, SETETA said:

@NMHayek Yes, this is what the US embassy in Jamaica said yesterday. These categories are now mission critical and are not considered part of the routine visa services that are suspended. Good news!!! Thanks for sharing!!

Fingers Crossed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/17/2020 at 9:54 AM, Alix64 said:

Thank you Arewa 💗.

Haven't you received an Itw date yet? Hope you are well.

I was supposed to go for my interview on April 23... but Nigeria was on lockdown due to the pandemic and i obviously can't... but i hope as the lockdown eases down, i will be reschedule asap. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.