dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Nenz.i said:

I find something so crazy..the clubs in Greece opened today - yet, the embassy hasn't opened yet..HOW IS THIS LOGICAL?!!?!?

Unfortunately there seems to be no direct correlation as to what the local governments decide to do and when embassies choose to resume. The US embassy will likely evaluate the local conditions and based on their own judgement will determine what they consider "safe". I know in my country things have started reopening with no apparent public health measures even though there is absolutely no scientific evidence that it is safe to do so; and I don't see the US embassy here following suit anytime soon...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
9 hours ago, Stein said:

Doesn't matter.  Vietnam hasn't had a single public case of COVID in 60 days.  There have had 332 total cases country-wide zero deaths.  They aren't open either.  In the embassies the employees may have gone back to US during COVID and may not even be in the country at this time.

Vietnam has scheduled interviews this month per the above post. Yet, no official news on their website.

11 hours ago, KandR18 said:

If your case was expedited, the embassy will contact you directly to set up an interview. If you were not already DQ with the NVC, the embassy may need additional documents. We were DQ with the NVC but the embassy has still requested an additional document. There are also fews due at the time of interview to process your visa. 

Thanks. And yeah, I got DQ. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
5 minutes ago, SETETA said:

Vietnam has scheduled interviews this month per the above post. Yet, no official news on their website.

Yes, I know, but it was an expedited case only.  They are not processing standard cases as of yet.

Edited by Stein

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Stein said:

Yes, I know, but it was an expedited case only.  They are not processing standard cases as of yet.

Yes, processing an expedited case is more than most embassies. So many expedited cases are on hold.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:05 AM, RachelFara said:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to hear good news anyone has about getting an interview scheduled. 

We were DQed on May 22, 2020 and are waiting for an email about our interview in Ankara, Turkey. 

http://usvisa-info.com is the website the State department gives for updates. As I can see, there arent any updates since May. Also, we were DQed from the NVC but unless we have an email directly from the embassy about an interview, then I cannot register on this site. Is that correct?

Thank you and best of luck!

It looks like Ankara embassy is starting to process passport applications following a phased approach and in there it says phase III will be full staffed processing for passports. Let’s hope that it also means that they will start processing immigrant visas as well.. wishful thinking but we might start seeing some updates by the end of July.. fingers crossed..

13 minutes ago, GettingOldWaiting said:

It looks like Ankara embassy is starting to process passport applications following a phased approach and in there it says phase III will be full staffed processing for passports. Let’s hope that it also means that they will start processing immigrant visas as well.. wishful thinking but we might start seeing some updates by the end of July.. fingers crossed..

Thank you for your message!

Where did you get this information about possibly opening in July? 

Do you know how far out from our interview they contact us? 

Have you seen the post in other groups about Ankara not having any interview times available for Iranians until February 2021? Are they in a different category? Its posted on the link I posted in my previous post - from an official website. 

Thank you again.

1 hour ago, RachelFara said:

Thank you for your message!

Where did you get this information about possibly opening in July? 

Do you know how far out from our interview they contact us? 

Have you seen the post in other groups about Ankara not having any interview times available for Iranians until February 2021? Are they in a different category? Its posted on the link I posted in my previous post - from an official website. 

Thank you again.

In this post people are talking about the phases in normal circumstances to last for 2 weeks but there is no set in stone date. Again everyone is hoping for the best case scenario. Ankara embassy previously scheduled interviews 5-6 weeks out depending on the month but it’s hard to predict with the current situation. 

Sorry but I have no information about the specifics around Iranians. 

Timeline

Hi all - we got DQ on February 23rd and until now, I login to the ceac website and our application is still at the NVC - when will it be in transit and sent to the embassy? Is this too long? Or is this still due to Embassy closure? We are exactly trying to transfer our case from Jerusalem to Amman...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
On 6/13/2020 at 6:07 PM, KandR18 said:

If your case was expedited, the embassy will contact you directly to set up an interview. If you were not already DQ with the NVC, the embassy may need additional documents. We were DQ with the NVC but the embassy has still requested an additional document. There are also fews due at the time of interview to process your visa. 

Can I still send an expedit even though I had DQ March 9? 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
5 hours ago, Free123 said:

Hi all - we got DQ on February 23rd and until now, I login to the ceac website and our application is still at the NVC - when will it be in transit and sent to the embassy? Is this too long? Or is this still due to Embassy closure? We are exactly trying to transfer our case from Jerusalem to Amman...

Unfortunately, yes, it is stuck at NVC because of the Embassy closure. You were probably among the first cases to be kept because of it.

In the same way, you should be among the first cases to be taken care of when your Embassy reopens. Jordania is dealing fine with the Covid, hopefully they re-open their Embassy quickly.

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Alix64 said:

Unfortunately, yes, it is stuck at NVC because of the Embassy closure. You were probably among the first cases to be kept because of it.

In the same way, you should be among the first cases to be taken care of when your Embassy reopens. Jordania is dealing fine with the Covid, hopefully they re-open their Embassy quickly.

Alix can I still expedit my case even though I had DQ March 9? Should I email the embassy or nvc for the expedit? 

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
57 minutes ago, Jackrayane said:

Alix can I still expedit my case even though I had DQ March 9? Should I email the embassy or nvc for the expedit? 

Hey Jackrayane,

I have just replied to your private message.

Yes I would try an expedite request if I were you. I won't cost you anything. Plus : you have been DQed a long time ago and so you are legitimate (I think).

I would write to both NVC and your Embassy.

Take care,

Alix

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.