dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview July 2020

564 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, HDia said:

My wife didn't get anything from the I-130 package back after her interview.

Bummer, I put together such a beautiful petition with photos and proof of marriage. Would have been a good keepsake. haha

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Abu Dhabi Embassy 

DQ: 2020-23-05

Scheduled interview date: 2021-11-01

Interview result: Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kate.Alday said:

Ok 👍 Got it. Very glad for you guys! We are thinking maybe ask NVC to transfer our case to Kiev if it’s possible. I am from Belarus and original we have to go to Poland. Poland started reschedule interviews for spouses already. But one sad thing that borders between Poland and Belarus still not opened 🤦‍♀️ So we just stuck in Belarus. Wish you the best! 

Thank you!

Oh wow, didn't know that. I think that's good idea to try, knowing that EU seems to be quite serious about not opening borders any time soon.

I-130
Sent: 12/10/2018 
Delivered: 12/12/2018
NOA1: 12/12/2018 (LIN)

NOA2:  09/25/2019

Sent to NVC: 10/07/2019

Case number assigned and received: 11/05/2019

Fees paid: 11/07/2019

IV changes to paid: 11/12/2019

AOS changed to paid: 11/20/2019 (after calling NVC)

DQ 02/27/2020

Interview: 06/30/2020

Approved: 07/02/2020 (Medical exam delay)

Visa received: 07/10/2020

I-129f

Sent: 08/30/2019

NOA1: 09/03/2019(LIN)

NOA2 denied 09/25/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Quarknase said:

You are F2A? What was the expedite request supposed to accomplish? The visa category is suspended until at least January 2021 so there’s nothing to be expedited. The email is probably the nice way of NVC telling you this.

According to an updated version of the proclamation on June 29th, spouses and children of green card holders are not subject to the proclamation (same thing as US spouse and children).

The updated version also exempts parents (IR5) of US citizens as long as the USC is unmarried. And also siblings of US citizens (F4) as long as both the USC filer and the siblings are unmarried. You can read up here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR3yNPaYEc8cAFb2qbQOlzDzD2bsXQeRkc7qnm6VcusJwvEvJbXNgAdTBg4

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Enie said:

According to an updated version of the proclamation on June 29th, spouses and children of green card holders are not subject to the proclamation (same thing as US spouse and children).

The updated version also exempts parents (IR5) of US citizens as long as the USC is unmarried. And also siblings of US citizens (F4) as long as both the USC filer and the siblings are unmarried. You can read up here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/presidential-proclamation-coronavirus.html?fbclid=IwAR3yNPaYEc8cAFb2qbQOlzDzD2bsXQeRkc7qnm6VcusJwvEvJbXNgAdTBg4

Oh grand - thanks for sharing!

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Enie said:

Sorry, me again. Do you have any other source for this? I see this mentioned under the link that you posted, but nowhere else. The most recent presidential amendment to the proclamation doesn't have any language of this kind, and the original proclamations still don't list them as exempt. I wish for this to be true, but it would be strange if only DOS states it? I believe they are referring to the travel bans, but not to the visa suspension.

Edited by Quarknase

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

Sorry, me again. Do you have any other source for this? I see this mentioned under the link that you posted, but nowhere else. The most recent presidential amendment to the proclamation doesn't have any language of this kind, and the original proclamations still don't list them as exempt. I wish for this to be true, but it would be strange if only DOS states it?

Unfortunately, that's the only source I've seen. I want to believe that info on travel state gov site is legit enough. Hopefully they update it somewhere else too.

But from my understanding on this updated version, the exception covers all other proclamations that has to do with coronavirus ban and not only this recent proclamation.

The only way one can be very sure this is real is if they schedule interviews for the F2A categories before the end of the year. Until then, we'll keep our fingers crossed. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Enie said:

Unfortunately, that's the only source I've seen. I want to believe that info on travel state gov site is legit enough. Hopefully they update it somewhere else too.

But from my understanding on this updated version, the exception covers all other proclamations that has to do with coronavirus ban and not only this recent proclamation.

The only way one can be very sure this is real is if they schedule interviews for the F2A categories before the end of the year. Until then, we'll keep our fingers crossed. 

Well the paragraph applies to all presidential proclamations mentioned prior on that page, and some of them in fact exempt parents of USC, as well as spouses and Children of LPRs.

"U.S. citizens are not subject to the proclamations.  All proclamations provide exceptions to the restrictions for lawful permanent residents of the United States.  Some exceptions include, but are not limited to: foreign diplomats traveling to the United States on A or G visas and certain family members of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents including; spouses, children (under the age of 21), parents (provided that his/her U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident child is unmarried and under the age of 21), and siblings (provided that both the sibling and the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident are unmarried and under the age of 21)."

> The "some exceptions include" makes me wonder if this is referring to the travel bans. I don't believe they would change it for the visa suspension and only refer to it in a small sentence on the DOS website. The update could have been regarding the actual amendment that Trump made today which has nothing to do with family preference categories :( 

Edited by Quarknase

It's ridiculous the Sydney embassy won't open yet. I have a job offer waiting and I can't plan ANYTHING. So so frustrating! I've asked them to expedite my application three times but they never do. At this point I dunno what's gonna happen with my job offer.

Edited by AussieBoy87

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well another month gone. It's great to see some progress the world is opening up abit.

Congratulations to all the DQ's and especially the those who got their Interview dates and those already interviewed.

Now lets move on over to the new thread. This thread is now closed. Happy New Month July is here. 2020 is half over. Thank God.!!

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.