Gec

I NEED HELP - AM NEW TO VISA JOURNEY

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
13 hours ago, milimelo said:

Figure out who’s filing for divorce and get divorced. You have a job so getting an apartment shouldn’t be a problem. File for removal of conditions either when divorce is finalized or when you’re in the 90 day period of 2-yr green card expiring. 

if you’re uncertain how things work and what your rights are, read the USCIS booklet titled Now that you’re a permanent resident. 

new to the country and working for about a month is easy to get an apartment? um I don't think so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

@GecHomeboy, it seems to me that financially you guys started on a good note and I can tell you marriage finances is one of the major things that breaks a marriage. So I'm dumbfounded that snoring will be the issue that's breaking your marriage; I will advice you discuss with your wife regarding marriage counseling as others have suggested before you go the divorce route. However, don't force her against her will if refuses to. Good luck; remember marriage is a difficult journey and if anybody tells you their marriage is perfect they are lying to you.

Edited by nastra30

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, Gec said:

The problem now is....she says i sleep during the day... And She dont like it.. Since from March, having be laying beside her in the bedroom... I never complain to her.. Because she is my wife...now me sleeping during day is disturbing her.... - So am i still at fault to sleep during the day....if i cant sleep during the night

She told me...All i do is to sleep all day...like what am i suppose to do know..i go to bed from 9am to 2pm or 3pm..and i wake up.....( and we all know sleeping helps us restore energy.). - i told her am gonna stand by her till we solve this problem... I never told her..let break up.. I was rather encouraging her it will get better...

The mean problem is Because i sleep most often during the day... She is upset and mad..

Maybe something else is bothering her and she is using you sleeping during the day as a reason to fight. I am sorry you are going through this and I hope you two can work through it. Living together and finding the right balance is a difficult task but it’s definitely possible. Like others have said if she is willing try to speak to a counselor or a religious advisor that can help you both solve your issues. She has put in so much time and effort to get you here so I doubt after a few months if finally having you by her side she truly wants to end her marriage. Sometimes as women we want attention so we make dramatic empty statements or threats. Good luck and stay strong.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

Wow someone thought this OP post was funny or what his wife wrote. I'm  dumbfounded someone would laugh at the OP!

I’ve read it three times and I’m still speechless. He obviously loves her and she is a bit selfish. 

I also think she is using the daytime sleeping as an excuse to not give you the real reason that she wants to end the marriage. Of course you have to sleep through the day if you work nights.  Is she working during the day? If so, what does it matter if you are sleeping or not whilst she is working? I work during the day and my husband doesn’t. I don’t care whether he sleeps or watches TV or goes to the gym while I’m at work. If I’m at work I’m not with him so what does it matter? 

I think you need to find time to sit together and talk this through and find out why she is unhappy, the real reason. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
14 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I 'm guessing he uses another word for his wife...or else he must be talking about his wireless a heck of a lot more than I do. Maybe there's a strong connection.

Comcast is bundling IV into their highspeed packages. Gotta get those customers somehow

18 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I 'm guessing he uses another word for his wife...or else he must be talking about his wireless a heck of a lot more than I do. Maybe there's a strong connection.

I think autocomplete has played tricks on him.  Also, I have been called worse than an egg. To the OP.  You can only do so much to make another person happy. Don't feel pressured by that 30 day thing. You have just as much right to be there as her until you find a reasonable solution to either stay or go.

Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

20 hours ago, Gec said:

.i explain it to my boss at work...and he told me to file a report to the police department and tell them this is what am facing at home and show them the text message that says she want me out of the house.. 

I don't get what the police are supposed to do?  There is nothing illegal about her asking you to move out.

18 hours ago, Mavan said:

Just consider her text as a joke. She is just messing up with you. She wants to see if you can leave the house knowing you just came to the US.

You have NO idea what her side of the story is.  She every right to seek a divorce, regardless of the reason.

9 hours ago, Ontarkie said:

You need to be careful, do not try this bull that you are head of the household ####### that will not fly here.

Exactly.  Doesn't work that way here in the US, buddy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.