Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, SariEva said:

I'm confused...the topic of this thread is the executive order suspending immigration.  Are we not allowed to share opinions about the executive order?  Can you point me to the forum rules that define "derailing" or "off topic" posts?

When you have a hard discussion with one of the elite members, eventually they will send you a friendly warning. It works every times trust me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Spookie said:

It is pointless to ask questions until the executive order is out. Sorry for being so harsh. :(

If the EO were out already, we'd know exactly what's in and it would be pointless to ask questions. :D

I'm quite pleased the temporary worker visas (H1, L1, TN, etc..) will be excluded. The jobs (from farming to high technology and even medicine) which require visas can't immediately be replaced by Americans even if unemployment remains high through 2020. And it is these very jobs that will help with the economic and health recovery.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Just now, Cille said:

Im so sad, my husband needs me😭

Hang in there.  Everything will work out in the end.  Keep the faith.  We don't know what the EO will say, yet.

When the consulate hosed us and wouldn't let Mrs. T-B.-to-be get here, I found that violent physical exercise helped.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

3 minutes ago, Help_us said:

Any idea when the EO will be posted?

keep your eyes peeled here...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/

or

https://www.federalregister.gov/presidential-documents/executive-orders/donald-trump/2020

First link is where Presidential actions are officially posted.  2nd is the National Archives which publishes all executive orders.  We don't know when it will be posted, but sometime tomorrow in America.  Could be leaked earlier, but these are the official places to read it.

DCF CR1 filing in Guangzhou, China:

Married - 2018-09-25

I-30 submitted at Guangzhou office - 2019-06-17
I-130 approved - 2019-06-18
DS-260 Confirmation Handed to CITIC to be Delivered - 2019-11-12-2019

DS-260 Approved, received email to schedule appointment - 2019-11-20-2019

Visa Interview in Guangzhou (Approved!) 😁 2019-12-16-2019

Immigration Visa Issued 2019-12-17-2019

guys, my husband was due to have his interview mid march, then it got rescheduled to beginning of May but that wont be happening due to the lock-down in the country where the interview will take place...the lock-down was extended that is why his 2nd upcoming interview would have to be rescheduled to god knows when again...i emailed the embassy to get our 3rd rescheduled interview date but the very next day i say news about this suspension and now saw also that the ban is for green card seekers and that's what my husband is from oversees as CR-1 case. Does this mean the now not even the interview will happen until the ban is lifted or the interview can take place whenever the embassy gives us our 3rd interview day and in case if he is approved, he still will be asked not to travel until trump lifts the ban or now the embassy will have to hold off on our interview and reschedule it the 3rd time only when the ban is lifted? which scenario would be more likely for us? this has been a roller coaster ride for us with these changed interview dates.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
16 minutes ago, optimistic23 said:

I have emailed my local embassy and asked wether the already issued visas will be affected or not and this is the response i received.

“Thank you for your inquiry.

If you already have an immigrant visa, then you will not be impacted by the new executive order (which has not yet even been signed).  

As long as you have the letter* from the Embassy and your valid immigrant visa, you should be able to travel without problems.

Thank you.

Regards,

American Citizen Services Unit 
U.S. Embassy.”

*Letter from the embassy : since we are in lockdown we are required to have a travel letter from the embassy*

This a reasonable response but if the EO "has not yet even been signed," how can the embassy know for sure that "you will not be impacted by the new executive order?"

Seems a bit presumptive on the embassy's side.

Edited by Mounat02

28 minutes ago, givionte said:

keep your eyes peeled here...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/

or

https://www.federalregister.gov/presidential-documents/executive-orders/donald-trump/2020

First link is where Presidential actions are officially posted.  2nd is the National Archives which publishes all executive orders.  We don't know when it will be posted, but sometime tomorrow in America.  Could be leaked earlier, but these are the official places to read it.

Question.. Most of the orders get signed then get published 4 or 5ll days later. In that case, if he signs it today, and gets published 4 days from now, does that mean we can still enter before publication date? Hope my question makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, Mounat02 said:

This a reasonable response but if the EO "has not yet even been signed," how can the embassy know for sure that "you will not be impacted by the new executive order?"

Seems a bit presumptive on the embassy's side.

No idea mate, maybe they know something we don’t but they won’t just send an email without been informed of the situation. 

Let’s hope it doesn’t affect the VJ families at all whether visa is issued or not.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.