Derek Scheyer

Immigration Suspension Executive Order - MEGA THREAD

1,506 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Man, and I was hoping today would be less anxiety laden. Seems it'll be a whole ordeal whichever way it lands. 

Met: June 2004

Face-to-Face 1st time: June 2010

I moved to the US: August 2015

Spoiler

K-1

07/19/14 Sent I-129F

07/29/14 NOA1 (According to USCIS Status Check)

08/06/14 NOA1 Hardcopy 

08/22/14 Officially engaged with a ring, haha!

10/30/14 NOA2

12/01/14 Packet 3

01/19/15 Physical Exam

03/09/15 Interview & Approved

LAX 08/09/15 POE

Spoiler

AOS

09/07/2015 Married 

10/16/15 AOS/EAD/AP sent

11/17/15 Biometrics

01/08/2016 EAD/AP received 

07/05/16 SR: "USCIS anticipates delay"

One year anniversary from application...

10/21/16 EAD/AP renewal

11/03/16 SR: no response. Congresswoman SR 10/27/16, Application is in Florida (!?)

11/18/16 walk-in 11/09/16 EAD Biometrics

11/10/16 RFE: Expired I-693 Medical exam and vaccinations (day 391)

11/17/16 RFE response: (1-day priority with signature, delivered but signature waived)

Tier 2 SR: 12/21/16´-- "Case pending decision" (Los Angeles Office should not have responded, file is not with them)

01/13/2017 Infopass:  -- "You probably have nothing to worry about. Your case is in Arizona. Previous SR wrongly responded, new SR to the right office."

01/17/17 InfoPass SR: -- "Pending. We expect decision or other notice in 45 days." Congresswoman's office confirms RFE response has been received.

01/27/17  GC Approved (amid Tr$mp EO chaos)

02/03/17 Card in hand (445 days, non-complicated case (no previous visas, no overstay, no divorces, not high fraud country, no co-sponsor. Just unlucky.))

ROC

01/07/19 Sent I-751

01/11/19 Text notification for case received with receipt #

03/26/19 Received NOA/GC 18-month Extension letter

05/03/19 Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, hscoots said:

Well it might ban extended family members but not spouses and children.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

As an approved K1 visa holder who has not yet been able to enter the US, I HATE the fact that a period of 90 days separates us from those who are already married, when that is our full intention and sworn commitment to do so after arrival, especially when we have spent (in my case nearly a year) of processing & vetting our applications including an affidavit of support to demonstrate that we can be supported by our partner.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Ya i guess nothing we can do but wait and see. What worries me is that this 2 months is just temporary, he will find  away to extend it all the way to elections, virus isn't going anywhere in 2 months. 

2 minutes ago, GregandNatty said:

I following his policy pretty close and this is the first time I've seen the potential to separate US Citizen's from wives, husbands, and children.

Right, because he hasn't been separating families at all prior to now. I must conclude you haven't been following things too closely....

Every single travel ban, immigration change, border closure etc etc has caused separations between US citizens and non-citizen family members & relatives. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 minute ago, judyann811 said:

As an approved K1 visa holder who has not yet been able to enter the US, I HATE the fact that a period of 90 days separates us from those who are already married, when that is our full intention and sworn commitment to do so after arrival, especially when we have spent (in my case nearly a year) of processing & vetting our applications including an affidavit of support to demonstrate that we can be supported by our partner.

I feel you. I really do. Literally on the same boat. And he hasn’t mentioned anything about the travel ban from Europe of course.

Edited by Ela S.

Timeline
1 minute ago, hscoots said:

Ya i guess nothing we can do but wait and see. What worries me is that this 2 months is just temporary, he will find  away to extend it all the way to elections, virus isn't going anywhere in 2 months. 

me too. his language showed he would look to potentially change or extend it, and we know his stance on immigration. He always claimed it was against illegal immigration only, now this 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just catching up on everything since last night! Sorry if this has already been answered above but there was a lot to get through. Does anyone know what this means for us who’s AOS is currently being processed? I just got my NOA-1 (yesterday!) and I obviously haven’t even been given a biometrics appointment yet, so I was assuming my AOS was on pause anyway until biometrics was back to normal. I’m guessing for me there isn’t much of a change?

I’m so sorry to anyone this effects, you must be so stressed and upset 💕

Edited by Murphy1994

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Murphy1994 said:

Just catching up on everything since last night! Sorry if this has already been answered above but there was a lot to get through. Does anyone know what this means for us who’s AOS is currently being processed? I just got my NOA-1 (yesterday!) and I obviously haven’t even been given a biometrics appointment yet, so I was assuming my AOS was on pause anyway until biometrics was back to normal anyway. I’m guessing for me there isn’t much of a change?

I’m so sorry to anyone this effects, you must be so stressed and upset 💕

Trump has been very vague on this so not entirely clear yet. He said we will get more details tonight or tomorrow 😞

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.