Jump to content

AliTan

Members
  • Content Count

    45
  • Joined

  • Last visited

1 Follower

About AliTan

  • Rank
    Member
  • Member # 255091

Profile Information

  • State
    Wisconsin

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    K-1 Visa
  • Country
    Pakistan

Immigration Timeline & Photos

Recent Profile Visitors

1,229 profile views
  1. AliTan

    High risk travel insurance

    Hello everyone, I'm not sure where this topic belongs. Has anyone gotten insurance for traveling to high risk countries? If so, who did you use? I have found several companies for Europeans, but having a hard time finding a company that covers US citizens.
  2. AliTan

    K1 help me

    If this is K1, you won't be given an interview date. Once the case is sent to the embassy, they will email the beneficiary with instructions in a couple of weeks. You will need to schedule the interview then schedule the medical.
  3. Thanks, we're trying to just move forward with plans for me to visit him in January, but can't help holding out hope until it's actually returned. This sure is a lesson in patience.
  4. As some of you know, my fiance had his interview 8/20 and was flat out denied, no 221g. I immediately requested a supervisory review and my congresswoman did as well. Since then the ceac status still says ready, last updated 8/31. I just called the NVC to see if the case has been sent back, and was told it is under AP at the embassy. Does this mean there's a chance they are actually looking at it, or do all refused applications still go through AP?
  5. http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk/pk-iv-kvisa.asp
  6. AliTan

    Bank letter

    Wait until you get the NOA2 if you don't have it yet.
  7. It might be easiest to read my story here. Some of the advice given would probably apply to your situation too.
  8. I am 10 years older than my fiancé who is Pakistani. I have a child and I am not Muslim. Our K1 was just denied. We had 2 trips together and I skyped with multiple family members. But I never met his family in person or visited Pakistan. Thanks to the guidance of this community I am planning a trip to Pakistan and we are all very excited. Unfortunately I do think age differences are judged more harshly when the woman is older. If it is possible for her to meet some of your family on her next visit, this is very important. Best of luck!
  9. Unfortunately no, we tried that already. He was denied due to lack of ties to his country.
  10. Thanks, his family is aware and involved. They already had a wedding dress made for me and some went with him for the interview. He has now told them about my child and they are still fine. I say hi to them often on video, but we can't really communicate much. (My fiance does speak English.) We're talking about a trip to Pakistan in January so I'm feeling good.
  11. Well it's the truth and unfortunately there's nothing we can do about that. Hopefully we can overcome it. I wish the same standards applied to all countries. I'm not trying to live in Pakistan. I live in the US and there is nothing unusual about not wanting (more) kids in the US. Just venting.
  12. Thanks so much. Honestly, I'm sad we're in this position but a little excited to start planning another trip. I have confidence that we will have a happy story to tell in the end.
  13. I am 39. We don't want kids, but I know that's a problem. He lives in KP province. He has a veterinary degree and just completed a masters in December. His family has a nice home and land, so I don't think status is an issue. Honestly, I don't like attention on me, so if I could have my wedding my way it would be just the two of us. If I can't get married in the US, Seychelles is special to us because it's where we have met, and we could have just a few people present. In Pakistan it would likely be a big thing and I'm really not comfortable with that, but I might just have to suck it up and do what's necessary. Thanks for your help.
  14. Relocating is definitely not an option. My daughter has just started college. I'm not willing to be that far from her for that long, but I also have a good job and need to pay tuition the next 4-5 years. I hope with more time together and more family involvement we can do this. Thanks everyone for easing my mind a little!
  15. Thanks for the replies so far. We are deciding which route to go. Would it be unwise to file another k1 soon with the evidence of the second trip that the co didn't look at, with plans to meet again in January either in Pakistan or elsewhere with some of his family? Or get married, probably in Seychelles with some family present? In either case I would also plan to attend the next interview, and he will tell his parents about my child so that isn't an issue. We're looking at a minimum of another year in this process and I can't make trips across the world more than maybe twice a year. I don't want to be foolish and file again too soon, but I also don't want to wait years. I'm still worried by the use of the word fraud because that could be an impossible battle.
×