dnhut861

Someone Else Got Packet 3 Before Us.. What The Hell?

15 posts in this topic

We are doing k1 visa and we got noa 2 on Feb 17 and our case was READY at the embassy on march 24. and no, we did not get RFE, we passed with flying colors. 

I am on a facebook group and someone else posted that they got noa 2 on feb 19 and then they got their PKT3 on march 23.. How the hell is that possible?? also, two other people on that group got noa 2 on feb 17, for the same embassy/country but they are still waiting for PKT3 like me.

how is it that 1 person got PKT3 before us?? I thought it was first come, first serve? arent they supoosed to do things in order rather than backwards??

I emailed the embassy and asked them if they could email me PKT3, and they said "we expect to send you pkt3 in a few weeks". and this was last week..... as of today, still no 
PKT3

what a joke these people are. failed government, failed system....

Edited by dnhut861

18 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Where does it say first come first served?

Processing time page: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You have to choose the form type (I believe certain forms are LIFO, not FIFO).

How we process cases

This time range is how long it is taking USCIS to process your case from the date we received it. We generally process cases in the order we receive them, and we will update this page each month.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Can I share somethings with you that I learned long ago about this process?

• "the man with the gold makes the rules"
    • it will take as long as it will take 
    • no one with any certainty can tell you when some process will be completed
    • Your sense of urgency will never be equaled to what USCIS, NVC or your embassy demonstrates
    • Your journey is not going to mirror someone else's experience- yours and theirs are not the same
    • They only promised you a YES or NO answer. Never an exact time that their decision would be completed
    • Lowering your expectations will make you a much more relaxed individual

Good luck on your journey 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's the fallacy,  your petitions arrived at the consulate in the same shipment.   Maybe the are alphabetically before you 

YMMV

Have you ever worked in an office environment?

There's not just one person working on one file at a time in order and not working on the rest until they complete each one in order (although with the backlog it sometimes feels like it)

Imagine it more like this:

At the Embassy Bob, Mary and Alice each grab a box of files to work on. Your file is in the box Bob picked up, your FB friend's file is in Mary's box etc.

Bob starts working on a file, finds it needs a complicated background check puts it to one side, starts working on your file, gets asked by a colleague to look at something else, then the background check comes back for his first file and he picks that one up again and keeps working on it until it's complete. He goes back to working on your file, doesn't get it quite done before the end of the day so it's now sitting in his inbox ready to be compelted on his next shift.

Bob's next shift is in three days.

Mary had a really easy set of files, no missing documents, no extra background checks needed, no colleague's interrupting her. She zips through ten files. Come back tomorrow grabs a new set of files to work on zips through another set. Alice is working slightly more slowly but she's getting through 3-4 files a days too. Bob comes back three days later - picks up your file. Has a computer failure - calls the IT guy - takes a few hours to fix, picks up your file, almost gets to the end, oh no it looks like a page is missing. He goes back through the whole file to check - ah there it is. He's ready to sign off and send packet3 but it's the end of shift - never mind he will get to it tomorrow. 

Do you see how this works?

By the time Bob manages to get to the end of your file - Mary and Alice have processed dozens between them including many NOA dates a long time after yours. But at least you are the second file Bob is working on - imagine how long it's going to take him to get to the poor file at the bottom of his first box of files. 

It's just like a supermarket queue - you might get the slow cashier on training, you might be behind someone with a million items plus a customer service issue. Unfortuately you can't choose which line you are in.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Really?  Your process is actually progressing during an unprecedented global emergency, and yet you feel this way?  SMH.

Yeah, OP is like no matter if people are dying in this global emergency, my process has to move on at any cost. Very selfish behavior. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I feel you need to realize that things happen the way they happen. Just because you got a NOA2 before them doesn't mean anything. 

You got a YES. You got an APPROVAL. Your application is also still moving forward during a pandemic and there is bare bone staff, or as you say "joke" people working at

these "failed government" buildings still trying their best to keep things moving despite everything.

I think you just need to sit down and be more grateful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, dnhut861 said:

If you think the government has failed so miserably, and the system is also failing you.... why continue?

Yes, there are flaws with the system. There are flaws with every system. None is perfect.

But, just for giggles, let's toss in the fact that most people are working remotely these days, for their own safety. So, the fact your case is progressing...is fantastic news!! Sit back, be thankful you're healthy, and that your case is PROGRESSING.

It'll be done before you know it!! Then you can be thankful that the broken, failed system, came through after all :)

What I miss most about Canada, in no particular order:

My family!

My friends!

KD!

Hawkins Cheezies!

Poutine!

Lays Ketchup Chips!

What I don't miss:

-40 degree weather

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

You think this is bad, wait until you arrive in the United States. Boy, are you in for a shock. Let's see. Social security office first, ha ha, that's a good start, you will enjoy the people who are in that office 😁. The prime of America.

Next will be the city for the marriage license, usually not too bad getting the license, yes, you think you got this.

Big wedding day, yeah, felling good now, turn in license into the clerk's office, sorry, it will be 6 weeks before you get a certified copy. Enjoy the wait.

Now the DMV for your license. This will make the social security office seem like a pleasant experience. Make an appointment for 4-6 weeks out, don't dare try a walk-in. Nice 2-6 hours, and a big argument with the employee because they have no idea what a K1 is. You will probably get to visit the DMV 2-3 times, and after all that, your license is only good for the time left on your I-94. So you wasted 3 days of your life to get an ID that's valid for say 45 days. Then it's useless after 45 days, and you can't get another until your EAD card shows up in 7 months if your lucky.

Then, let's say you get lucky and your marriage certificate shows up, now you get to pay out 1225 dollars, fill out 4-5 immigration forms, and start all over again at the beginning 😂. And you thought the K1 process was a long time. The AOS will take years. 

You will learn patience whether you want to or not, I promise you will be able to handle everything else in life if you can get thru this immigration process. But your not off to a good start.

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
19 hours ago, dnhut861 said:

We are doing k1 visa and we got noa 2 on Feb 17 and our case was READY at the embassy on march 24. and no, we did not get RFE, we passed with flying colors. 

I am on a facebook group and someone else posted that they got noa 2 on feb 19 and then they got their PKT3 on march 23.. How the hell is that possible?? also, two other people on that group got noa 2 on feb 17, for the same embassy/country but they are still waiting for PKT3 like me.

how is it that 1 person got PKT3 before us?? I thought it was first come, first serve? arent they supoosed to do things in order rather than backwards??

I emailed the embassy and asked them if they could email me PKT3, and they said "we expect to send you pkt3 in a few weeks". and this was last week..... as of today, still no 
PKT3

Facebook knows, exactly when you will get your visa. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.