Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interviewed on February 18, 2020 and after an awkward 2 and 1/2 hour initial document screening, they lost her medical records, was approved and sent to fingerprinting and interview.  Consulate approved application.  Visa issued on February 26th and placed on hold February 27th pending additional NBI information.  Requested NBI was forwarded to Embassy on February 28th.  Embassy would not provide any information on case status despite my best efforts to communicate with them.  Now the Covid 19 crisis.  We should be together here in America not facing this unknown delay.  I feel that the Embassy failed me.  There is more to be said about their failure to communicate with me but I will just provide the core facts for now,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, nagylyndsey said:

My husbands I751 has been pending since December 2018, we applied for N400 and had an estimated completion date (before it was so coincidentally removed) of May/June 2020. 

It’s just a terrible feeling to have been so close to finishing this and now to be back to waiting around indefinitely. This whole process has been going on for 4 years and we were just looking forward to it finally being over. 

Hoping at this point they just approve of I751 so we can atleast get the green card before the extension letter runs out. 

There will probably be zero progress on the i-751 since you already filed for N-400. It seems as if the i-751 is "put on hold" as soon as you file the N-400, so you get an interview for both at the same time. Many people's online statuses for the i-751 also show that the i-751 is transferred to the local field office a day or two after filing the N-400.

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
10 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Hi All-

If you experienced a Covid19 impact to your immigration case please update your timeline.  There is a new field (at the top) to document where the impact hit you.  We would like to track this across the site and when things clear up, work to push USCIS and Consulates to clear the log jam.  Information is power!

image.png

I haven't seen above drop down option ' Have you been notified by USCIS..." Could you tell where exactly is it located ? When I edit my timeline, I don't see this option.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My AOS interview was schedule a month ago, the interview suppose to be done tomorow 23 of march but it unfortunately it got canceled due to COVID19, am back to ready to be scheduled for interview. It's so painful for me but our health matter's than any other things. I Hope the whole word will recover soon from this Pandemic and we will be back to our normal life.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Uhm... I filed for adjustment of status and they received it 22nd of January, so I wasn’t expecting to get an interview for another 5-6 months but I just found an interview letter in the mailbox asking me to appear May 5th. I figured all their offices were closed?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

The Embassy emailed my husband and I on Thursday March 19th in regards to needing his new medical exam to continue processing his case. We believe we are in the very close to getting his visa, but now my husband can not travel to San Pedro Sula to get his new medical exams done. Also, the Honduras borders are closed and no one can leave. We did get an e-mail regarding the Embassy not holding any interviews or appointments. We were so excited that the Embassy has requested his new medical exams (first ones expired), but now we are back into the waiting due to the Coronavirus. My heart goes out to everyone this is affecting. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

We had an interview in Stockholm Sweden for CR1 scheduled for April 1, originally on March 16 they told us our case was not affected since my husband is the spouse of a US citizen, but unfortunately they cancelled it the next day due to COVID-19. They said in the email they would contact us to reschedule at a later date :( 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My K1 interview at Lagos consulate Nigeria was for March 12th and 2 days to my interview date it was cancelled and rescheduled to May 4th but on the 18th of March it was cancelled automatically with no date. My USCIS approval notice expires in May, I hope there is no issue if this pandemic lingers? I pray for healing on the world.

2 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Please, If your appointment wasn't cancelled so far than don't claim that it was. It weakens the data coming out of this 'survey'. 

I so agree with this. Let's provide reliable data by only reporting facts, not estimates or ideas about what might happen. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

We're in the same boat as everyone, we received a case number for the K-1 on 3/11 and are just waiting to see if anything ships out on the 31st.  Like everyone else, we sit and wait.....I don't believe any flights are moving until May from Australia at this point.  Of course, everything is fluid and subject to change.  Exercising patience and trust in the lord.  Thx again to the many knowledgeable folks on this site that provide guidance and support!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Chad&Thalia said:

We're in the same boat as everyone, we received a case number for the K-1 on 3/11 and are just waiting to see if anything ships out on the 31st.  Like everyone else, we sit and wait.....I don't believe any flights are moving until May from Australia at this point.  Of course, everything is fluid and subject to change.  Exercising patience and trust in the lord.  Thx again to the many knowledgeable folks on this site that provide guidance and support!

Yes, definitely exercising patience and trusting in God through all of this. Has Australian boarders closed as well? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.