Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

I have been hearing about the COVID-19 impacts and canceling the immigrant visa  interview. I read on the website about canceling an interview, but *I have not received any email notifications *or any further notification especially from the NVC about canceling the interview. The NVC had scheduled my interview in  April . I am concerned about the change of the interview date. I am writing here to know what would be  the  status of the interview. Also, I want to know about the interview status, whether it will be on the same date *April, *or the interview date would be rescheduled. I also inquire about the procedure of rescheduling the interview date if It has to be rescheduled. I hope to hear back from you soon. 

Looking forward to hearing the relevant Answer from you all.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. May I ask what can I do, my visa will expire soon April,09,2020 And I can’t flight. Is US EMBASSY will give consideration? Because of the situation we face(corona virus). Thank you for your response

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, gsb1953 said:

Could not go immigrate to US under IR5 visa as my flight got cancelled. My visa expires on 29th - from India

Same situation my visa will expire also in April and I can’t flight. I dont know what to do, I hope they will give consideration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

My K1 visa interview was scheduled for March 19h but cancelled the day before and postpone to May 20th. My petition expire April 4th so I hope this will not cause any problem at the interview in May and wonder about other documentation too as there will be two more months so maybe I will need additional documents (pay stubs, more recent proof of relationship, etc.)

6 hours ago, Captain Ewok said:

Hi All-

If you experienced a Covid19 impact to your immigration case please update your timeline.  There is a new field (at the top) to document where the impact hit you.  We would like to track this across the site and when things clear up, work to push USCIS and Consulates to clear the log jam.  Information is power!

image.png

How to get access to the document? any link?

4 hours ago, Rob & Amy said:

How do we know if nvc is still working on our case? Is anything halted there? We got our NOA 2 recently. For one of my friend who was about  to go for  an interview at the embassy has cancelled k1 interview appointments with no further notice of new dates. The whole country is in restrictive movement order till 31/3/2020. Hopefully things could be relaxed for us all to be reunited with our significant others quickly.

Mine's still at NVC. On Friday we were told that it is still processing as per normal. We got our case number on 16th March. Hoping that it will go to the embassy this month

Received NOA2 March 17th, now awaiting NVC Welcome Letter. Will do nothing with the NVC until things return to normal and have up to one year to do something, so as to not indicate an inactive visa situation. Will get all the documents together, apart from police certificate/AOS for now. 

See no other option but to press the pause button of life...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 hours ago, ERLIM said:

We had our interviews booked for next Tuesday at the London embassy, they have issued 3 emails in all to cancel our appointments I-130 petitions for me and our children, my husband went to the US ahead of us it's a difficult time for all the not knowing is the worse, the embassy said they would contact us once we can rebook.

That's so unfortunate! I'm in the same boat. My spouse lives in the US and I'm not allowed to visit him there while waiting for the final Visa. It was difficult for us as it has been 12 months already. Now we have no clue when we will be able to rejoin our family. If anything happens with my family there or here, we cannot even comfort each other!! I hope this mess will and soon for all of us!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have an interview on 3/26 for AOS in one of the field offices in AL. USCIS sent me a notification On 3/18  through myUSCIS that the interview was cancelled. I checked today (3/21) and I got a new notification that my interview was scheduled! I have to wait for the mail and take things from there. Stay safe everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Received NOA2 March 17th, now awaiting NVC Welcome Letter. Will do nothing with the NVC until things return to normal and have up to one year to do something, so as to not indicate an inactive visa situation. Will get all the documents together, apart from police certificate/AOS for now. 

See no other option but to press the pause button of life...

I'm not an expert, but I would send the documents NVC requested. Under normal situation they take over 2 months just to review your documents, then another couple of weeks to schedule the interview. As they suspended all interviews, they will hold your process at NVC until they resume their normal work. Remember that NVC can review your documents and request more information or document resubmission. Everytime they do that, it's another 2 months for the new revision!

6 minutes ago, Antonio Cavenaghi said:

I'm not an expert, but I would send the documents NVC requested. Under normal situation they take over 2 months just to review your documents, then another couple of weeks to schedule the interview. As they suspended all interviews, they will hold your process at NVC until they resume their normal work. Remember that NVC can review your documents and request more information or document resubmission. Everytime they do that, it's another 2 months for the new revision!

Yes I know... Will not be looking at an interview until 2021 now. May not have a job, so many elements come into play.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.