Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, rosecloud said:

I'm not sure if this helps at all since we're in different stages of the immigration process, but my receipt number didn't show up in the system for around 6 months. Every time I would type it, it would say invalid number. Did an actual person tell you they don't have a N400 in your name or the automated system? I know it's extremely stressful and frustrating, but you received a I-797 notice which I think you'd only get when/if they received your application? Hang in there! 

Thanks,  your reply helped me . Because I thought  there is something wrong with my papers or they lost them .now I feel this is what they do now . Thank you very much . 

IR1 interview in Lagos today.  My husband never received an email or text. When he got there, there were quite a few ppl waiting as well. They were told all interviews have been cancelled and apologized, due to backlogs they have not been able to contact everyone. 
They said they will contact everyone on how to reschedule when they have more details. For now its until further notice 

I scraped in just before USCIS suspended in-person operations and became a citizen on the same day DJT declared a national emergency in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

I got an RFE last week from London USCIS so they're definitely still working in there, even if they're not open to the public.  I think they've probably looked at my I-130 sooner than they would have, truthfully.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/22/2020 at 2:22 AM, Captain Ewok said:

Hi All-

If you experienced a Covid19 impact to your immigration case please update your timeline.  There is a new field (at the top) to document where the impact hit you.  We would like to track this across the site and when things clear up, work to push USCIS and Consulates to clear the log jam.  Information is power!

image.png

Can someone help me get a link so i can chat to my folks who were attending interviews in Jan 2020 and onwards. My laptop had a virus a few days before I left for States. Thank you

Sanjay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Just chiming in: we got our interview in Montreal and K1 visa back in November, the K1 being valid until April 11. I had planned to move over to the U.S. on April 6th to tie up loose ends in Canada, but a week and a half ago, as soon as we got wind that more and more restrictions were to be put into place, we sensed a border closure was on the way. I cancelled all my March plans in Canada and decided to move directly to Michigan the following week. Then on Monday while packing, my fiancée told me they were closing the border. I raced to finish packing and left that very evening - crossed over around midnight, on the night of Monday to Tuesday. A few days the border closure went into effect.

We are extremely grateful. We are also in the situation many others have shared about - we can't get married for at least another few weeks as all county offices are closed and religious ceremonies cancelled. Our 90-day ticker has begun.

Hoping everything goes well for everyone,

Jules and Mary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Boring Life said:

Hopefully, they will review quickly. The immigration is one of the worst suffereing i ever had in my life

Tell me about it. They have no thought for people’s suffering. Wishing you the best. 

43 minutes ago, JL & ML said:

Hello,

Just chiming in: we got our interview in Montreal and K1 visa back in November, the K1 being valid until April 11. I had planned to move over to the U.S. on April 6th to tie up loose ends in Canada, but a week and a half ago, as soon as we got wind that more and more restrictions were to be put into place, we sensed a border closure was on the way. I cancelled all my March plans in Canada and decided to move directly to Michigan the following week. Then on Monday while packing, my fiancée told me they were closing the border. I raced to finish packing and left that very evening - crossed over around midnight, on the night of Monday to Tuesday. A few days the border closure went into effect.

We are extremely grateful. We are also in the situation many others have shared about - we can't get married for at least another few weeks as all county offices are closed and religious ceremonies cancelled. Our 90-day ticker has begun.

Hoping everything goes well for everyone,

Jules and Mary

At least you are together my husband is in Canada and I am in US and God know for how long :( 

01/14/2020 - filed N400 Miami FL

01/18/2020 - NOA Biometric scheduled 

02/05/2020 - Biometrics done 

03/13/2020 - Interview scheduled - canceled due Covid19

08/19/2020 - Interview 

08/27/2020 - OATH Ceremony MIAMI FL 

Done with USCIS  !!!! Good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.