Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

My husbands I751 has been pending since December 2018, we applied for N400 and had an estimated completion date (before it was so coincidentally removed) of May/June 2020. 

It’s just a terrible feeling to have been so close to finishing this and now to be back to waiting around indefinitely. This whole process has been going on for 4 years and we were just looking forward to it finally being over. 

Hoping at this point they just approve of I751 so we can atleast get the green card before the extension letter runs out. 

Edited by nagylyndsey

33 minutes ago, Antonio Cavenaghi said:

I'm not an expert, but I would send the documents NVC requested. Under normal situation they take over 2 months just to review your documents, then another couple of weeks to schedule the interview. As they suspended all interviews, they will hold your process at NVC until they resume their normal work. Remember that NVC can review your documents and request more information or document resubmission. Everytime they do that, it's another 2 months for the new revision!

Hey could I ask what documents you would need to sent to NVC? I'm also waiting for my welcome letter to arrive and my fiancé called NVC a few weeks back and asked what we should do next after receiving our new case number and they said to do nothing except wait 

5 hours ago, Maggie wallace said:

I don't know what to do and I signed it . Then 10 days later I received I-797 notice of action with a receipt number . It has been almost two months now whenever I type my receipt number , it says Invalid receipt number . I phoned the 1800 at least 15 times . I even got a lawyer to contact them . All what they say we don't have an N 400 in your name at all . They got an immigration officer to call me three times . They all told me to email Lockbox.gov . I did 3 times with scanned copy of my I-797 and the signature of the employees from FedEx  and titled them #attention supervisor . They didn't even answer me . 

I'm not sure if this helps at all since we're in different stages of the immigration process, but my receipt number didn't show up in the system for around 6 months. Every time I would type it, it would say invalid number. Did an actual person tell you they don't have a N400 in your name or the automated system? I know it's extremely stressful and frustrating, but you received a I-797 notice which I think you'd only get when/if they received your application? Hang in there! 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, AH&TN said:

Hey could I ask what documents you would need to sent to NVC? I'm also waiting for my welcome letter to arrive and my fiancé called NVC a few weeks back and asked what we should do next after receiving our new case number and they said to do nothing except wait 

I think it's case by case. My Visa is the IR1/CR1 and it's different from the K1. If your process is similar to mine, they will send you the letter with instructions to access NVC portal. They you list each document you need to upload, follow their instructions to scan your civil documents and your sponsor's financial affidavit. For some reason, after 2 months wait they requested my spouse's divorce decree (this is a civil document not financial!!!), But this delayed or process for 2 more months and now we got suspended because of the pandemic.

Just a hint: make sure each document you update are not blurry and under the size limit. You can reduce the scan qualify (as long as it does not get blurry).

Most importantly: read all their directions and review each page in the scanned file.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, gsb1953 said:

Once consulates open they will post the processing/ appointment procedures. Its a catastropic condition, at the moment saving of lives by minimizing community spread is the priority. Good luck to all.

Totally agree! I think we have the humanitarian reason for this pandemic to end, but also, as a secondary and very selfish reason, to reopen the interviews! 

I just hope some good consequences will remain from this pandemic:

- more empathy and kindness

- science is important and can save us

- nature is screaming that if we don't respect her, she can kill us all!!! (Just like our body tries to kill diseases when we get infected) - this is just for us all to think about it. 😉

Edited by Antonio Cavenaghi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!  I'm from the Philippines. We are on our K1 visa process.  I supposed to have my medical exam on March 24-25, 2020, and my interview on April 21, 2020. As of the moment,all land and air travel to Luzon Islands, where I should take my medical exam and interview are suspended until April 15, 2020 and may even be extended dependent upon the situation. Our I - 129f approved papers will expire on May 9, 2020 , as per the mail I received from U.S.EM Manila, Ph. Hopefully we will be able to schedule a medical and  interview appointment before the expiration date; or our papers validity be extended automatically.

Keep safe everyone!  Praying for all of us.  We'll all get through this. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I got documentarily qualified on March 13, 2020 waiting for interview to be schedule in Lagos consulate. Then yesterday March 21, 2020 I received the same email I got on the 13th about my case been Documentarily Qualified. Do anyone has idea what this recent email means? Does it means that this is now my new date of DQ? 

21 minutes ago, Antonio Cavenaghi said:

I think it's case by case. My Visa is the IR1/CR1 and it's different from the K1. If your process is similar to mine, they will send you the letter with instructions to access NVC portal. They you list each document you need to upload, follow their instructions to scan your civil documents and your sponsor's financial affidavit. For some reason, after 2 months wait they requested my spouse's divorce decree (this is a civil document not financial!!!), But this delayed or process for 2 more months and now we got suspended because of the pandemic.

Just a hint: make sure each document you update are not blurry and under the size limit. You can reduce the scan qualify (as long as it does not get blurry).

Most importantly: read all their directions and review each page in the scanned file.

I definitely agree with you 100%. The NVC process has been a HUGE pain in the butt for us. My wife's documents went through with no problems, but my documents as the U.S. Citizen have been crazy! They denied my I864 twice. 1st time the call center couldn't even tell me why. They told me it looked good to resubmit it. I did and they denied again. This time they eventually told me it was because of it being an old document, even though I got it through the instructions link from the USCIS. So I sent the new version (EXACTLY the same other than 1 additional piece of a page that didn't apply to us anyway). And then they approved it but asked for the same tax info they already had and approved months before. At that point we filed for an expedite with help from my congressman because we have been messing with NVC since June of 2019. We were approved last week and things are moving super fast now!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

I definitely agree with you 100%. The NVC process has been a HUGE pain in the butt for us. My wife's documents went through with no problems, but my documents as the U.S. Citizen have been crazy! They denied my I864 twice. 1st time the call center couldn't even tell me why. They told me it looked good to resubmit it. I did and they denied again. This time they eventually told me it was because of it being an old document, even though I got it through the instructions link from the USCIS. So I sent the new version (EXACTLY the same other than 1 additional piece of a page that didn't apply to us anyway). And then they approved it but asked for the same tax info they already had and approved months before. At that point we filed for an expedite with help from my congressman because we have been messing with NVC since June of 2019. We were approved last week and things are moving super fast now!

I think they have a directive to delay processes as much as they can. Congratulations for the approval. Unfortunately, if you are still waiting for the embassy/consulate appointment, it will be delayed because of the pandemic. I have an interview schedule for April 3rd, but now I have no clue when they will resume their work! Good luck to us all!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 hours ago, fs2439 said:

It does not give me the option to fill out the requested information on my timeline. Also, I have not been notified yet as my biometrics appointment is on 4/2, but it will most likely be cancelled further delaying ap/ead

5 hours ago, fs2439 said:

Found it and edited accordingly, though official notification has not been received yet

Please, If your appointment wasn't cancelled so far than don't claim that it was. It weakens the data coming out of this 'survey'. 

7 minutes ago, Antonio Cavenaghi said:

I think they have a directive to delay processes as much as they can. Congratulations for the approval. Unfortunately, if you are still waiting for the embassy/consulate appointment, it will be delayed because of the pandemic. I have an interview schedule for April 3rd, but now I have no clue when they will resume their work! Good luck to us all!

I agree with that also... Thank you. As of right now, everything is still open in Singapore. Her medical exam and vaccinations are tomorrow morning March 23 and she spoke to the Embassy there Friday and they said no word of closing there, yet...haha We will see. That's all we can do it wait and see... Good luck to you and your spouse/fiance! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jo&Ro said:

I agree with that also... Thank you. As of right now, everything is still open in Singapore. Her medical exam and vaccinations are tomorrow morning March 23 and she spoke to the Embassy there Friday and they said no word of closing there, yet...haha We will see. That's all we can do it wait and see... Good luck to you and your spouse/fiance! 

Thank you and good luck for you too! Singapore is dealing well with the pandemic. Unfortunately this is not true for the rest of the world including Brazil (where I am now).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We got the visa, and had a ticket for Iryna to get to the USA...  And I told her I thought that they would cancel her flight, but that she could get on the flight a day earlier...  but she had things to do, didn't want to leave a day earlier...   and then right after the flight left the day before her flight...THEY CANCELLED HER FLIGHT!  Now we have a ticket for the middle of April...if nothing changes....  Visa is good until August in any case...  I think they will let her fly to the USA before then....  at least I HOPE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.