Captain Ewok

Update Your Timeline if You Experienced a Covid19 Impact to Your Immigration Case

160 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
On 3/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, Musashii said:

Did they send you a paper notice in mail to inform about cancellation or was it an online notice?

My Naturalization interview was scheduled for April 3, 2020 and initially they had planned to stay closed until April 1, 2020 which later was extended to April 6, 2020. I had called the USCIS contact center and I was told that if my interview is cancelled, I will receive a notice in mail. I waited till March 26 and called again because I had not received any notice in mail except two generic Emails and a text message from USCIS stating that they had cancelled and will reschedule when possible.

This time the representative told me it could be either in mail or an online notice.

I received a paper notice for my cancelled interview. It was the standard statement written that they use for cancellation. No mention of covid-19 in the cancellation notice.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:58 PM, Albatross said:

We got the visa, and had a ticket for Iryna to get to the USA...  And I told her I thought that they would cancel her flight, but that she could get on the flight a day earlier...  but she had things to do, didn't want to leave a day earlier...   and then right after the flight left the day before her flight...THEY CANCELLED HER FLIGHT!  Now we have a ticket for the middle of April...if nothing changes....  Visa is good until August in any case...  I think they will let her fly to the USA before then....  at least I HOPE!

Keep me updated, my flight is the 2nd May from the UK. It's driving me nuts not knowing what's going to happen!

wpid-1030ldr.gif

On 3/27/2020 at 11:54 AM, juliusbliss said:

Please is there anyone who did his/her interview before trump IV ban that has gotten their visa issued after submitting additional documents? Mine was Feb 10th still on administrative processing. Anyone here with same issue?

Hi, I did mine on the 13th March, I think it was just before the travel ban, didn't get my passport back till after as my medical was late to the embassy. Have you tried to contact them? What are you missing?

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, jennywhite421 said:

Hi, I did mine on the 13th March, I think it was just before the travel ban, didn't get my passport back till after as my medical was late to the embassy. Have you tried to contact them? What are you missing?

Last time I checked nothing missing. They requested for my passport after undergoing administrative processing. Said my Case has been processed and that I should drop off my passport and it take 5-10 business days. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Jennywhite421:  EVERYTHING changes in a heartbeat right now.  First ticket was for March 17, FLIGHT CANCELLED.  Then rebooked reservation to April 14.  Meanwhile, the US Embassy Kyiv and Ukrainian Int'l Airlines organized a couple of flights to bring Americans home from Ukraine and Ukrainians home from the USA.  We got her a ticket on that special flight...the airline didn't want to let her on, but a lady from the US Embassy told the airline to let her on, and they did...  so she is now in Texas with me...  The photo is of me in the uniform of a Soviet Air Force Colonel with her...  a long story, but I walked in and bought it in the military exchange store in Leningrad in 1991...  because I was good enough to get away with it...

Polkovnik.jpg

My stepmom already had her CR1 interview in Manila two months ago (January 13th), all was okay until a slight hiccup in the visa immigration process. She got the section 221(g) document after her consulate interview because they need her police clearance certificates (PCC) from both Taiwan & Qatar (she was employed in those countries between 1987-1994). She has the Taiwan PCC (I already uploaded it in NVC’s CEAC), but still needs the Qatar one; her nephew lives in Qatar & is in the process of obtaining it. The PCC’s claim receipt was dated March 9th.  

Qatar’s MOI where she will get her PCC from is on semi-lockdown too! When I contacted her nephew, he said it’s not yet ready to obtain; her medical will expire in a couple of weeks! 

Because of COVID-19, will there be a delay in her immigration case from the US Embassy? She has one year to submit the missing items, as stated on her section 221(g)!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

I'm currently student with F-1 and just got my EAD card 2 weeks ago. I have 90 days to find a job with my OPT.
Unfortunately, coronavirus pandemic affects every business and It's almost impossible to find a job during this crisis within 90 days.
I was wondering If I can I submit an extension request on my OPT duration regarding this unfortunate situation with coronavirus? What can I do?
If you can guide me I would greatly appreciated !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 3/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, vtstang66 said:

We're 2 months into our third NVC submission.  They keep rejecting the documents because they don't know what they're looking at.  I assume this covid situation is impacting our case but don't have anything definitive.

UPDATE:  Notice of DQ today.  NVC sent email saying they "will work with the Embassy/Consulate to schedule an interview and notify us."  No explicit mention of COVID-19 delay, but presumably they are waiting for the embassy to reopen.

• 2 weeks later...

NVC sent my packet to Sydney embassy over a month ago and even though DHL hack says it arrived it is still listed as in transit as they haven't processed it. I suppose that counts.

On 3/22/2020 at 1:03 PM, KV & HO said:

We had submitted additional requested documents to NVC in February, and were anxiously waiting for an interview date with the US embassy in Kuwait. Who knows when that will happen now. 

hi,

please update when u got any further message from NVC. i am on the same boat situation.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 4/1/2020 at 10:50 PM, Brian Tamayo said:

My stepmom already had her CR1 interview in Manila two months ago (January 13th), all was okay until a slight hiccup in the visa immigration process. She got the section 221(g) document after her consulate interview because they need her police clearance certificates (PCC) from both Taiwan & Qatar (she was employed in those countries between 1987-1994). She has the Taiwan PCC (I already uploaded it in NVC’s CEAC), but still needs the Qatar one; her nephew lives in Qatar & is in the process of obtaining it. The PCC’s claim receipt was dated March 9th.  

Qatar’s MOI where she will get her PCC from is on semi-lockdown too! When I contacted her nephew, he said it’s not yet ready to obtain; her medical will expire in a couple of weeks! 

Because of COVID-19, will there be a delay in her immigration case from the US Embassy? She has one year to submit the missing items, as stated on her section 221(g)!

Yep, there will be a delay. She will have to re-do her medical, unfortunately. We were in a similar situation with my French husband, and the Embassy told us about medical renewal.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Question to the Moderators: How can I update my timeline due to COVID-19, if we switched from CR1 Consular Processing to AOS? The timeline provides AOS option only to those on K1.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/2/2020 at 12:50 AM, Brian Tamayo said:

Yes. I've been also to 221(g) its better if she submit asked documents in the embassy because they just gave 1year to submit those. She will also need new medical report. 

Edited by Heart12

1 hour ago, portorusa said:

Yep, there will be a delay. She will have to re-do her medical, unfortunately. We were in a similar situation with my French husband, and the Embassy told us about medical renewal.

Update: she finally has all of the missing documents on hand (both police clearance certificates) to submit to the embassy. They’re also uploaded onto CEAC. Unfortunately, the nearest 2Go Express Courier from her is in Bantay (about six miles from her in Magsingal), is currently closed, so is the embassy. Will there be automatic extensions to her case during the closure, or does she need to email the embassy?

Side note, 2Go Express is the courier service that contracts with the US Embassy for immigration cases resulting in a 221g, in which the applicant needs to submit their missing paperwork. 

Edited by Brian Tamayo
Add more information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.