Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

@Sarge2155 Congrats on getting the GC without an interview. Hope we'll still get doses of your wisdom in this thread tho.

K1:

Spoiler

06/21/2019 - Sent I-129F package to USCIS(California Service Center)
07/23/2019 - Received NOA1
NOA2             - Never received NOA2
11/12/2019 - Case left NVC
11/19/2019 - Case received by Consulate
01/16/2020 - Interview (APPROVED!)
01/24/2020 - Visa received
02/07/2020 - Entry into the USA (Boston-Logan POE)
02/18/2020 - Wedding

EAD & AP

Spoiler

02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-765 Application for Employment Authorization, were taken.
09/01/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
09/02/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-131, Application for Travel Document.
09/09/2020 - USCIS: We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
09/09/2020 - Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

AOS:

Spoiler

02/22/2020 - Filed AOS, EAD and AP at Chicago National Office. Had a bit of drama beating the deadline of 02/24 (https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/730651-february-2020-aos-filers/?do=findComment&comment=10074583)
02/26/2020 - USCIS: We received your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
03/02/2020 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD & AP
03/19/2020 - USCIS: We accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Our National Benefits Center location is working on your case.
05/28/2020 - USCIS: We sent a request for initial evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
06/23/2020 - USCIS: We received your response for Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
08/14/2020 - USCIS: The fingerprints relating to your Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, were taken.
08/21/2020 - USCIS: We are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, for an interview.
09/02/2020 - EAD and AP approved!
10/20/2020 - USCIS: We scheduled an interview for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/19/2020 - USCIS: We ordered your new card.
11/20/2020 - USCIS: We approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status.
11/23/2020 - Card Was Mailed To Me

2 hours ago, Dis_Guy said:

@Sarge2155 Congrats on getting the GC without an interview. Hope we'll still get doses of your wisdom in this thread tho.

Absolutely I'm  still here and thank you!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I just received notification that my status has been updated to ready to schedule an interview I will be receiving the official letter in the mail in a few days. Excited to be moving along to the next step without an RFE.

On 4/9/2020 at 3:24 PM, Cyndy&Onyi said:

My same fear but I pray we'll be ok! 👍🏿😎 I used a  I-864 checklist and checked it twice a long with the guidelines in the RFE. The household size was a bit confusing but considering there is only me and my husband I figured not to count him twice and just put the 2 of us. I was so paranoid that I hurried and file 2019 taxes so I could include the return with the application, hopefully it helps.

Yeah that household size was a bit confusing. My error on the original form submitted was I wasn’t able to write my hubby’s company’s name. The rest were filled out electronically but that part I can’t type and I somehow missed it. I know that that was the only reason of the RFE. However, the RFE letter we received is the standard one that asks for the complete thing so I just did that and hoping for good result this time. I checked everything multiple times this time and asked @Hank_’s help. Good luck to you and hopefully no more RFE for us! 

ETA I also included the 2019 tax return that has both our names in it and like you hoping that it will help. 

Edited by Jujusmom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@Jujusmom My husband's case status changed today online to "Ready to be scheduled for interview" 🤩🙌🏿🙌🏿 we are thrilled! 

EVERYONE: I think there was an interview thread somewhere in this forum, pls feel free to respond to this with the link if you find it. I'm a bit nervous. We never applied for an SSN for my husband because in the EAD I-765 form on question #14 we indicated that he didn't have one and we wanted one included with the EAD card. 

Reference (https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working%20in%20the%20US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjLv6WP8vDoAhXTr54KHdJNDRwQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw1T0EeRxTIWA1gKIk3E53zN)

Being that he doesn't have one I will not be able to add him to my bank account or car title/insurance or deed to the house right now. My 2019 tax return did not include him since he just came to the country January 2020. Not sure what other "joint proof" to bring to the interview other than the marriage license and picture of the court wedding... any suggestions of how to handle this?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ready to be scheduled is still miles away from interview was scheduled. Depending on your LFO it can take about a year till you get an appointment.  No need to panic right away.

What about bills? Utility's, Electricity, Internet, a family plan for telephones, rental agreement, power of attorney for each other, wills. Is he on your healthcare plan? Joint credit card user...

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
13 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

Ready to be scheduled is still miles away from interview was scheduled. Depending on your LFO it can take about a year till you get an appointment.  No need to panic right away.

What about bills? Utility's, Electricity, Internet, a family plan for telephones, rental agreement, power of attorney for each other, wills. Is he on your healthcare plan? Joint credit card user...

Good to know, thanks for the advice. He would need an SSN here in Arizona for me to add him to any of the utilies, credit card, or the mortgage. I do not have a living will or P of A yet. He is not on my healthcare but he is on my beneficiary plan at work (meaning if I die they release my funds to him) I will try to print that out. I also researched and saw that expecting couples can bring a doctor's note, and photos from the court marriage help along with the certificate. I'll keep looking into it and see if I can get a living will and/or P of A done in this time as we wait for the EAD. Thanks so much!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 4/15/2020 at 7:29 AM, Ryan G said:

I just received notification that my status has been updated to ready to schedule an interview I will be receiving the official letter in the mail in a few days. Excited to be moving along to the next step without an RFE.

Thats awesome, congrats!

I hope we hear something soon. My husband did his biometrics March 17th - literally the day before everything closed in CA. We tried to expedite his EAD & tried to contact our local congresswoman also, but no luck.. doubt we'll get any movement on it since most offices are closed and stressed about other matters, of course.

Timeline
24 minutes ago, S_&_M said:

Thats awesome, congrats!

I hope we hear something soon. My husband did his biometrics March 17th - literally the day before everything closed in CA. We tried to expedite his EAD & tried to contact our local congresswoman also, but no luck.. doubt we'll get any movement on it since most offices are closed and stressed about other matters, of course.

What was your reason for the expedite? Like what did you told them?

Edited by Letspaintcookies

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

@Letspaintcookies - financial - I lost my job and my husband got a job offer! I think the first time we requested it, it was too close to his biometrics date and they rejected outright - didn't even send a letter, just email next day saying we didn't supply enough evidence of hardship and denied. He called and the tier 2 operator a week alter who said that there was in fact a mistake, that we should've had the opportunity to submit documents and that he would fix it and we would get a letter. Clearly he didn't do this, we called again about a week later and the lady was really rude and said they didn't need to have evidence and literally hung up on my husband. So, we wrote to the congresswoman and gave her the evidence/docs, but doubt any movement there. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, S_&_M said:

@Letspaintcookies - financial - I lost my job and my husband got a job offer! I think the first time we requested it, it was too close to his biometrics date and they rejected outright - didn't even send a letter, just email next day saying we didn't supply enough evidence of hardship and denied. He called and the tier 2 operator a week alter who said that there was in fact a mistake, that we should've had the opportunity to submit documents and that he would fix it and we would get a letter. Clearly he didn't do this, we called again about a week later and the lady was really rude and said they didn't need to have evidence and literally hung up on my husband. So, we wrote to the congresswoman and gave her the evidence/docs, but doubt any movement there. 

Oh wow I'm sorry that it went like that. That sucks. I hope that the congresswoman will get back to you soon. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 4/18/2020 at 6:22 PM, S_&_M said:

My husband did his biometrics March 17th - literally the day before everything closed in CA.

We are in the same boat. I also did biometrics the day before the offices closed in TN. No update since :(  the status still says "Your case was received". Sometimes I think the whole process is meant to make us the most patient people in the world :) hope both of us will see some progress going on soon!

K1 visa journey:                                                                       AOS:

Filed I-129f: February 22, 2019                                              AOS+EAD package sent: February 15, 2020

NOA1: February 28, 2019                                                       Biometrics: March 17, 2020

NOA2: May 14, 2019 (75 days from NOA1!)                       EAD approved: July 21, 2020

NVC received: June 07, 2019                                                EAD received: August 7, 2020

NVC case # assigned: June 13, 2019                               

NVC left: June 25, 2019

Consulate received: June 27, 2019

Interview: August 5, 2019 🤞

Visa received: August 6, 2019

US entry: November 19, 2019

Marriage: December 31, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone else stuck in this limbo process of receiving a noa1 after their office closure date? I'm sure I'm not the only one lol ..recieved my texts on the 20th and the letters on the 27th but no scheduled dates for obvious reasons.  I guess we are just hoping that they schedule us an interview after everything re opens?  

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, Game_blouses04 said:

Anyone else stuck in this limbo process of receiving a noa1 after their office closure date? I'm sure I'm not the only one lol ..recieved my texts on the 20th and the letters on the 27th but no scheduled dates for obvious reasons.  I guess we are just hoping that they schedule us an interview after everything re opens?  

Yes, same here. Received NOA1 on the 27th and no updates since then. I guess we need to wait for biometrics... but definitely frustrating :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.