Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Ella84 said:

Nah.. mailed lockbox.. No response. I got my package returned for outdated forms also we are refilling this week. 

Seems like they mostly rejected everyone in our situation. :( Good luck with the refiling!!

Concurrent I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filing (married to USC spouse):

2/23/2020: Sent in application via FedEx (following rules before new Public Charge rule) 

2/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL
3/13/2020: Packaged received in return and rejected due to "outdated forms"
3/24/2020: Refiled application with new forms including I-944
3/25/2020: Arrived in Chicago, IL (received by Harper)

4/13/2020: Received 4 late-night texts with case numbers
4/14/2020: Application fee withdrawn from my bank account

4/17/2020: Received hard copies of Receipt NOAs (I-797Cs)
4/17/2020: Requested EAD expedite
4/20/2020: EAD expedite request denied: Case in "in suspense or on hold until we receive your biometrics" +  did not provide evidence of "extreme emergent need"
8/1/2020: Received biometrics appointment notice (for I-485 and I-765)
8/11/2020: Biometrics appointment at the ASC in Sacramento, CA

8/12/2020: Online case status for I-485 and I-765 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/17/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "fingerprints related to ... have been applied to your case"

8/18/2020: Online case status for I-485 updated to "we are ready to schedule your ... for an interview"

9/4/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "New card is being produced"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Case was approved"

9/8/2020: Online case status for I-131 updated to "Case was approved"
9/10/2020: Online case status for I-765 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

9/12/2020: Received I-797 Notice of Action (approval notice) for I-765 and I-131
9/14/2020: Received my combo EAD card (work authorization and advanced parole)
8/13/2021: Filed renewal application for both I-131 and I-765
11/9/2021: Filed expedite request for both I-131 due to sick father in Norway
12/15/2021: Received email from USCIS for supportive documents (after multiple calls)
12/17/2021: Sent in supportive documents (letter from doctor, hospital appointment notices ++)
12/22/2021: Status changed to "card being produced" (letter on MyUSCIS.com confirms this will be a combo card)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Cornflake said:

Awesome, so fast! When is the date of the interview?

Was the 9th April but just had notice online saying it’s cancelled 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
44 minutes ago, J.Z.Lefort said:

Was the 9th April but just had notice online saying it’s cancelled 

Ah you filed in December. Was a little bit irritated that somebody from February already had an interview scheduled 😉

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, TandClaudia said:

Have you received any news about this?

Claudia's Biometrics are scheduled for today.  I think the USCIS offices are still closed.  I'll post an update as soon as I find something out.

I have. It came in the mail on Monday March 30th. It's an RFE regarding submitting an affidavit of support I-864 form. The strange thing is that I already submitted it with all supporting documents, when I filed the AOS, EAD, and Advanced Parole on 2/5/2020. I'm guessing they lost it??? 🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️ I'm just going to try my best to complete it and have it sent out by next monday. I have not filed my taxes for 2019 yet so 2018 returns with 2019 W2s will have to do for now. Ideally this week would've been better but work has been very busy. I'll keep you posted.

17 hours ago, Cyndy&Onyi said:

I have. It came in the mail on Monday March 30th. It's an RFE regarding submitting an affidavit of support I-864 form. The strange thing is that I already submitted it with all supporting documents, when I filed the AOS, EAD, and Advanced Parole on 2/5/2020. I'm guessing they lost it??? 🤷🏿‍♀️🤷🏿‍♀️ I'm just going to try my best to complete it and have it sent out by next monday. I have not filed my taxes for 2019 yet so 2018 returns with 2019 W2s will have to do for now. Ideally this week would've been better but work has been very busy. I'll keep you posted.

What does the RFE says?. Can you post a picture of it please. I also got an RFE now and my priority date is 02/12. I was surprise to get an RFE after 6weeks. Also I submitted my wife/sponsor’s 2019 W2, paystubs and Employment letter and salary increase because she made $45k in 2019 and they promoted  and increase her salary for 2020 to $50k.. 

I think my RFE would be tax transcript from IRS because i failed to submit that,. I mistakenly submitted the form 8879 (E-file signature which also shows our total income, tax deduction and refunds amount).. I keep my finger crossed till the mail comes..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Pjomo said:

What does the RFE says?. Can you post a picture of it please. I also got an RFE now and my priority date is 02/12. I was surprise to get an RFE after 6weeks. Also I submitted my wife/sponsor’s 2019 W2, paystubs and Employment letter and salary increase because she made $45k in 2019 and they promoted  and increase her salary for 2020 to $50k.. 

I think my RFE would be tax transcript from IRS because i failed to submit that,. I mistakenly submitted the form 8879 (E-file signature which also shows our total income, tax deduction and refunds amount).. I keep my finger crossed till the mail comes..

My RFE stated that I did "not properly fill out or did not properly complete form I-864" I thought I did, but I realized USCIS was right. I checked a copy of my records and found out that the affidavit of support form I sent was the I-134 not the I-864. But with the I-134 I sent my IRS tax return transcripts, W2s, and Employment letter. I guess I have to submit all those documents again but this time with I-864. I worked on it a bit last night and will continue to work on it tonight. I am filling it out and referring to the I-864 instructions at the same time to avoid mistakes 😣.

P.s. congrats to her on the salary increase 😀🙌🏿

P.s.s. I had an RFE before when I did the K1-Visa process. Please don't be too worried. RFE doesn't mean your rejected it just means you need to make a correction or submit more paperwork. The good thing about the RFE is that

1. It tells you your case is being reviewed and processed and not sitting in a locked desk for weeks.

2. You haven't been rejected.

3. Once your evidence is submitted a decision is usually made soon after on how to proceed with processing your case. AOS maybe a bit different since the process is longer, but when I got an RFE during the K-1 visa, within 3-4 weeks later they finally moved on to the next biggest step in the process.

Cheers & Goodluck! 😎

50 minutes ago, ko737 said:

We just got our texts! But our check hasn’t been cashed yet. Is that bad? Or do they normally cash the checks after sending the text notifications? 

They will get their monies have no fear, Uncle Sam WILL get it!!!!!!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

On 3/31/2020 at 12:19 PM, NWTN said:

@TandClaudia 

thank you very much! 
I hope this happens very soon.

Not this month April, this whole month is shot. Won't be for awhile I'm thinking.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

6 minutes ago, ko737 said:

We got debited for it later that night! Haha

With the offices being closed, the process is now put on ice I’m guessing? I’m assuming there isn’t any penalty for not making the biometrics appointment?

If the office is closed and they ALL are for face to face contact then no penalty. They will reschedule. April is a dead month as far as person to person appearances go!

Citizenship Complete!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.