Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, lcandcl said:

Has anyone been to a trip outside the US lately? I have a ticket to go see my family (no vacation, just stay with them) in January to Brazil.

I am scary they might do not let me in back to the US because COVID. I just got my conditional Green card for 2 years.

does brazil not let people leave the country ?

duh

17 minutes ago, lcandcl said:

They do, my question is about the US. has anyone been out and then got back to the US without any issues? Cause I know the US block the entry to a few people who only has a visa per example

you already have Green card. so not sure what your question is 

duh

1 minute ago, lcandcl said:

My question is: even if I have my green card, is there a chance to when I get back they deny my entry cause of COVID?

Technically there is always a chance, with or without COVID. No immigration benefit gives you a guarantee of entry.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
13 hours ago, igoyougoduke said:

Does anyone know what this mean ?  Is this a Status before Interview ??? @Basil123: Did you have this status before interview ?

image.thumb.png.b8ec62a045aee172f530742ab6fff255.png

That usually means that the office who had your case may have way too many cases it can handle so they will send it to another office then that office is going to send you a letter to let you know what office is now taking over your case, it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting an interview right away but maybe your case may move a little faster it all depends where it was sent to.

2 hours ago, Jenn90 said:

That usually means that the office who had your case may have way too many cases it can handle so they will send it to another office then that office is going to send you a letter to let you know what office is now taking over your case, it doesn't necessarily mean you're getting an interview right away but maybe your case may move a little faster it all depends where it was sent to.

USCIS case status is even harder than IRS tax code 

Today i got another transfer image.thumb.png.e93291dfb4124a2c7cd70ec5cf395844.pngwith another Cryptic transfer. Iam think this was the FBI Background check which has a 24 hour turnaround time after Biometrics was taken 

Edited by igoyougoduke

duh

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline
4 hours ago, GPack! said:

I got an update today that the "interview was scheduled". No update on EAD/AP after fingerprints were taken. 

what office? and congrats!!

3 hours ago, Gigi2017 said:

I just got back from Mexico. They let in the citizens and permanent residents. You are gonna be fine.

Do you have a Green card or an Advance parole? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This thread has grown very large in size, so it's now closed to further comment.  The continuation thread is here:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/753205-february-2020-aos-filers-part-2/

---

Be sure to carry unresolved issues to the new thread!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.