Sarge2155

February 2020 AOS Filers

4,064 posts in this topic

New month new round of AOS submissions. Good luck everyone!

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 hours ago, Sarge2155 said:

New month new round of AOS submissions. Good luck everyone!

I have seen where USCIS has posted some updates/news for persons who are looking to file in February. Something about Public Charge rule being effective Feb 24th. So I would recommend anyone filing this month to have a read, just in case it may affect them when filing.

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

14 minutes ago, Wayne386 said:

I have seen where USCIS has posted some updates/news for persons who are looking to file in February. Something about Public Charge rule being effective Feb 24th. So I would recommend anyone filing this month to have a read, just in case it may affect them when filing.

Can you post that link here, but yes that is a very important thing to do. I know  before the hold got put on  the public charge additional new rules, there were also new forms. I assume they will bring those new forms back. That's why I said to make sure everyone has the current forms in my initial post here. Everyone please check the USCIS website for the current forms. I would recommend that you get ALL your forms from the USCIS site.

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, Sarge2155 said:

Can you post that link here, but yes that is a very important thing to do. I know  before the hold got put on  the public charge additional new rules, there were also new forms. I assume they will bring those new forms back. That's why I said to make sure everyone has the current forms in my initial post here. Everyone please check the USCIS website for the current forms. I would recommend that you get ALL your forms from the USCIS site.

Sure.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-announces-public-charge-rule-implementation-following-supreme-court-stay-nationwide-injunctions

The below link is important as well.

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-releases/uscis-updates-process-accepting-petitions-relatives-abroad

12/07/2019 - Package mailed
12/10/2019 - Package received (Chicago Lockbox)
01/13/2020 - Received text message receipts (for the 2 forms)
01/17/2020 - Received NOA for biometrics appointment (notice date: 01/10/2020)
01/28/2020 - Biometrics Completed

01/31/2020 - I-131 Rejected due to selecting the incorrect reason for applying. (Refiled)
02/06/2020 - Refiled I-131, delivered & signed for by CHYBA

02/11/2020 - EAD Expedite Requested (Financial Hardship, Health Issues)

02/13/2020 - Evidence requested and faxed

02/18/2020 - EAD Expedite Approved 😩

02/18/2020 - RFE needed (waiting on mail) 😩

02/21/2020 - RFE (Sponsor Needed)..... in process

03/02/2020 - Received NOA for Refiled I-131 (NOA: 02/06/2020)

03/10/2020 - RFE Response Sent to USCIS

03/12/2020 - I-131 Updated to Fingerprints were Taken (Used from Bio)

03/12/2020 - RFE delivered to USCIS 

03/12/2020 - Case updated to RFE received

03/21/2020 - Received Courtesy Letter for Medical

04/02/2020 - EAD (New Card Ordered)

04/03/2020 - EAD Case Was Approved

04/06/2020 - EAD Approval Notice Received

04/06/2020 - EAD was mailed to me

04/09/2020 - EAD Received

05/08/2020 - SSN Received

1 minute ago, Wayne386 said:

Yeah I just saw it February 24th is the cut off. Folks better get your packet in before the 24th! I also posted a thread with the exact verbage.

Citizenship Complete!

14 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Yeah I just saw it February 24th is the cut off. Folks better get your packet in before the 24th! I also posted a thread with the exact verbage.

as sarge says, if theres any way you can get it in by the cut off, id 100% recommend doing it.

2 hours ago, Cornflake said:

After months of preparation we finally sent our AOS package today via UPS. It should be delivered on Monday by 10.30 A.M. We decided to pay extra for faster delivery time because of new rules. You never know what's gonna happen next.

You are very wise to submit it quickly anyway welcome to the thread and my your journey be swift. You are first here btw. And you are 100% correct you never know what might happen. I rushed to submit our packet in September because it was supposed to take effect that October 2019 before they put that hold on it now it's back. Again good move on your part.

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

Hello everyone! We sent our AOS on January 29. And I got the delivery confirmation on Saturday, February 1 that it arrived at the Chicago Lockbox. So I’m posting and following here too because I think technically we are on February now. 

I read on the saved post here that the employment (verification) letter should be updated and not the one from K1. Husband and I didn’t get an updated one and sent the one from last year that we used for K1. We also didn’t include his paystubs but we did include his W2’s from 2016, 2017, and 2018. Am I gonna get RFE

Thanks

51 minutes ago, Jujusmom said:

Hello everyone! We sent our AOS on January 29. And I got the delivery confirmation on Saturday, February 1 that it arrived at the Chicago Lockbox. So I’m posting and following here too because I think technically we are on February now. 

I read on the saved post here that the employment (verification) letter should be updated and not the one from K1. Husband and I didn’t get an updated one and sent the one from last year that we used for K1. We also didn’t include his paystubs but we did include his W2’s from 2016, 2017, and 2018. Am I gonna get RFE

Thanks

Already answered in another thread. You should only post in one thread not both.

Citizenship Complete!

15 minutes ago, Sadepalmer 20 said:

I have a question I am submitting i-485 with I-130 and I have 3 money orders one of $1000, one of $225 and the other of $535 was I suppose to have it like that or have a money order of $85 for the biometric. 

We sent two checks, one $535 for I-130 and another one $1225 for I-485

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.