dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Ramar1 said:

That's 7 weeks not 6! I'm 10 days after you but yes amen to that! May God keep us patient cause ughhh I'm so tired of refreshing my email every 5 minutes... All day lol 

Just set up push notifications on your phone. You're going to drive yourself crazy refreshing your email.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, canadavisa22 said:

Just set up push notifications on your phone. You're going to drive yourself crazy refreshing your email.

I tried that too, but every time my email notification went off I jumped to my phone so now it’s off 🙃

Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Knightgame185 said:

prepare for a long wait. 

No worries we are 😅

The worst part will be after DQ and waiting for interview. My embassy is taking 12 months to assign an interview date 😅😅😅 the good thing is my husband is a 2.5 hr flight away 

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Timeline
On 12/2/2019 at 10:58 PM, Woolen85 said:

Hi Everyone,  

I was wondering if there is a way  to know if NVC has received my approved petition? My petition was approved on 11/01/2019, yet to receive any correspondence from NVCThere is no further case status update on myUSCIS. I received the NOA2 (approval letter) on November, 6, letter states as folllows " we have sent the petition to the U.S. Department of State National Visa Center (NVC)..."

Thanks for your help & suggestion in advance

Please I am Nigerian and my American fiance and I are planning to get marriage in Nigeria by March as she will be coming down to Nigeria hence I will like to know the documents you submitted as a prove of your bona fide marriage during your petition, please help me out with the info so that I can get prepared. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
11 hours ago, Iscir said:

monday will be a month since we submitted our documents. i can't wait to hear the good news! before the new year i hope.

Mine will be 5 weeks and 2 days. Hope we all get DQ before new year. 

Soo... just entered the states to visit hubby for the holidays. thought I’d let you all know of any issues while visiting on ESTA with pending CR1 at NVC Stage.

Landed at LAX, just 3 questions:

- how long is your visit...? 1 month

- business or pleasure? Pleasure

- who are you visiting? Husband

Stamped my passport and said have a lovely day.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

Soo... just entered the states to visit hubby for the holidays. thought I’d let you all know of any issues while visiting on ESTA with pending CR1 at NVC Stage.

Landed at LAX, just 3 questions:

- how long is your visit...? 1 month

- business or pleasure? Pleasure

- who are you visiting? Husband

Stamped my passport and said have a lovely day.. 

So lucky; my husband got sent to secondary 😂 We got so nervous!

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Just now, LilyJ said:

So lucky; my husband got sent to secondary 😂 We got so nervous!

7th visit and there’s never been much variation in the above.. usually 2 or 3 questions.... I was slightly more concerned this visit due to being at NVC.. but all went smoothly.. 

also got got to watch the lady in front of me enter with k1 entry... a couple of questions for her but with her photograph being taken in addition to her handing over the paperwork.. appeared to be very smooth, took her about 4-5min.. 

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, mbah44 said:

Please I am Nigerian and my American fiance and I are planning to get marriage in Nigeria by March as she will be coming down to Nigeria hence I will like to know the documents you submitted as a prove of your bonafide marriage during your petition, please help me out with the info so that I can get prepared. Thanks.

Well, it varies on the case. Since you don't live together, there is nothing much you can provide besides few photographs along with your marriage certificate. I would suggest you try taking as many photos as you could with both the families. You guys can also go on a mini vacation, or get letters (Affidavit) from common friends and relative that account relationship between you two.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Duke & Marie said:

7th visit and there’s never been much variation in the above.. usually 2 or 3 questions.... I was slightly more concerned this visit due to being at NVC.. but all went smoothly.. 

also got got to watch the lady in front of me enter with k1 entry... a couple of questions for her but with her photograph being taken in addition to her handing over the paperwork.. appeared to be very smooth, took her about 4-5min.. 

Was my husband's 5th or 6th visit, usually barely any questions, but for some reason they asked a ton of questions when he came to visit! Why, how long, and when he said "5 weeks to visit wife", they asked if he had a job, he said no, and then he was taken into secondary. Waited for a couple hours for the 2nd officer to come in, 2nd officer asked pretty much the same questions, husband answered the same way, then mentioned we are going through the visa process, that we were (at the time) waiting for NVC #, and that he's to interview in Sweden they let him through. So weird because when he came for 2 and 1/2 months for us to get married here in the US last year, when he asked why he was visiting and how long he said 2.5 months and "to marry my fiance", let in with no problem! 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline
4 hours ago, mbah44 said:

Please I am Nigerian and my American fiance and I are planning to get marriage in Nigeria by March as she will be coming down to Nigeria hence I will like to know the documents you submitted as a prove of your bona fide marriage during your petition, please help me out with the info so that I can get prepared. Thanks.

Try to gather as much evidence as possible that applies to you. Examples are photos of you and your soon to be spouse. Don't just use photos from wedding, include wedding photos along with pictures of you two in everyday life and also spending time with family. Put these pictures on paper and label each person in the photo, when it was taken, where it was taken and what you were doing. Other things that might be helpful: Logs of chats between the two of you (Whatsapp, Facebook, Skype, etc.), copies of letters/cards you two sent each other. Copies of joint credit card statements (if you have a joint credit card, make a copy of both cards showing both of your names with the same number on the card), copies of life insurance policy with your soon to be spouse as the beneficiary, copies of form that states your husband is your health care proxy/ beneficiary of living will. Also two affidavits from people in your lives that are willing to state that your relationship is bona fide and how long they knew you/your soon to be spouse, etc. Basically, anything that you can think of that show you two are in a real relationship, throw it in the petition. The more, the better. Good luck!

Also, try looking in the forums under I-130 petition bonafide evidence. You won't find much info here, because we don't have to submit bona fide evidence at the NVC. But if you try looking in the earlier forums, during actual submission of your petition, you will find a lot more helpful information about bona fide evidence 

Edited by Kani2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hey everyone, this might be a silly question but... My husband and I got married in Algeria. When we got married we were given a marriage certificate and an attestation of presence (basically stating that we were in Algeria on the day we got married and that our marriage was witnessed.) When I sent in our petition, I included this in along with our main marriage certificate. Since these were written in French, I had all of them translated, into one document (total of 3 pages). Now, when I am going to upload documents on CEAC, do I include this attestation of presence with our marriage certificate? I'm only asking because if I don't include it, the translation of my marriage certificate will show on the bottom of the document: "Page 2 of 3" and I don't want them wondering what happened to page 3 of 3. I hope I'm making sense haha. I could always have the marriage certificate re-translated separately but I just don't want to spend anymore money than I have to. Thanks for the help!

23 minutes ago, Kani2015 said:

Hey everyone, this might be a silly question but... My husband and I got married in Algeria. When we got married we were given a marriage certificate and an attestation of presence (basically stating that we were in Algeria on the day we got married and that our marriage was witnessed.) When I sent in our petition, I included this in along with our main marriage certificate. Since these were written in French, I had all of them translated, into one document (total of 3 pages). Now, when I am going to upload documents on CEAC, do I include this attestation of presence with our marriage certificate? I'm only asking because if I don't include it, the translation of my marriage certificate will show on the bottom of the document: "Page 2 of 3" and I don't want them wondering what happened to page 3 of 3. I hope I'm making sense haha. I could always have the marriage certificate re-translated separately but I just don't want to spend anymore money than I have to. Thanks for the help!

Include it or they will send you and ref for the additional page

AOS Journey

• NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.