dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2019

1,006 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Frank77777 said:

Guys civil documents i have n/ a is this is ok. ? They dont need ?

2FD3BC82-3091-4A28-B167-CF14C6AC4D3E.jpeg

I believe you will need to start with IV Application first before you can submit the Civil Documents.  Click on Start Now for your IV Application. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Frank77777 said:

Guys civil documents i have n/ a is this is ok. ? They dont need ?

2FD3BC82-3091-4A28-B167-CF14C6AC4D3E.jpeg

You have to fill DS 260 first and then you gonna be able to upload documents 

Edited by Mr & Mrs T

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, jane&niko said:

Gloryyyyy to God.. I'm DQ🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌😭😭 😭 woke up this morning and saw it but couldn't believe my eyes. First submission on on the 25- 26 of November, 2nd was on the Dec 3. DQ 11th of dec

Congrats! I submitted everything Nov 19 so I hope I’m one of those lucky ones too 😅

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

[cue Jeopardy intro]

We should have our re-submitted doc reviewed *this* week. Thought maybe today was the day, but so far nothing...

I am now going to have the Jeopardy music stuck in my head for the rest of this process 😂 Hopefully you'll hear something soon! 

The second our case goes past the date they are processing, I am calling them every single day until we get reviewed. We got stuck at USCIS for an additional 3 months because of a bug in their system, no way I'm letting that happen again.

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

1 minute ago, DGF said:

I am now going to have the Jeopardy music stuck in my head for the rest of this process 😂 Hopefully you'll hear something soon! 

The second our case goes past the date they are processing, I am calling them every single day until we get reviewed. We got stuck at USCIS for an additional 3 months because of a bug in their system, no way I'm letting that happen again.

I will do the same! When I called few days back she said as long as you haven't missed the date that's on the website, then you need to wait. If you miss it, then call us back.. So calling it is! 

Hi everyone. I am here to see real time updates for the NVC document review process. I received an email regarding a NVC case number creation 6 weeks after receiving NOA2. (US citizen, Nigeria consulate.) I didn’t receive any correspondence prior to that even saying that they received my case from USCIS so don’t be alarmed if you don’t receive info about case receipt. You’ll for sure get correspondence regarding case creation. Anyway, I submitted the packet on 12/7/19 and am awaiting an email or something saying I’ve been document qualified :) 

How long did it take NVC to approve docs once submitted for those of you who have been doc qualified?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

3 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

I have been waiting 7 months to see these words since our first submission but.....drum roll please.......

WE GOT DQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st submission: April

2nd submission: July

3rd submission: August

4th and final submission: October 23rd :D

I think I am almost happier to be done with our immigration lawyer than to have a consulate interview on the horizon!

Thank you to everyone who has offer advice or kind words

And to any new people on this thread, my advice is to read the very first post, you can learn a lot, and even reading a few pages will answer the same questions that people ask every few days. :P

Good luck to all!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by burritohut

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
34 minutes ago, yellowtulips said:

Hi everyone. I am here to see real time updates for the NVC document review process. I received an email regarding a NVC case number creation 6 weeks after receiving NOA2. (US citizen, Nigeria consulate.) I didn’t receive any correspondence prior to that even saying that they received my case from USCIS so don’t be alarmed if you don’t receive info about case receipt. You’ll for sure get correspondence regarding case creation. Anyway, I submitted the packet on 12/7/19 and am awaiting an email or something saying I’ve been document qualified :) 

How long did it take NVC to approve docs once submitted for those of you who have been doc qualified?

It took them exactly 1 month to qualify my docs after submission. Some people are taking longer, some shorter.  

5 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

I have been waiting 7 months to see these words since our first submission but.....drum roll please.......

I think I am almost happier to be done with our immigration lawyer than to have a consulate interview on the horizon!

And to any new people on this thread, my advice is to read the very first post, you can learn a lot, and even reading a few pages will answer the same questions that people ask every few days. :P

Good luck to all!

Congratulations 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, yellowtulips said:

Hi yellowtulips, I was wondering if your case statues was updated to "Case was Transferred to NVC" on USCIS website?  It's been almost 6 weeks that my I-130 petition was approved, neither my case status has changed on the USCIS site nor I have received any correspondence from NVC and USCIS.

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: France
Timeline
44 minutes ago, AndyRoo6 said:

THAT IS FANTASTIC - WELL DONE ! Good luck for the interview, you'll be fine.

Take care !

NEXT!!! 🤗

USCIS - FILING FOR I-751 (CR1)

May 21st 2022 : package sent (with Fedex / Delivered on May 23rd) 

May 27th 2022: case received with Receipt # (NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER)

May 31st 2022: NOA received. I-797 (24months extension)

June 11th 2022: NOA for a Biometrics appointment (set for June 30th - need to reschedule it - not in the US on that day! 😱)

June 14th 2022: walk in at the Center - all went well. Biometrics done!

December 8th 2022: Received a Notice of Action. I-751 APPROVED! 🎉

December 10th 2022: New GreenCard received in the mail 🥳

37 minutes ago, Woolen85 said:

Hi yellowtulips, I was wondering if your case statues was updated to "Case was Transferred to NVC" on USCIS website?  It's been almost 6 weeks that my I-130 petition was approved, neither my case status has changed on the USCIS site nor I have received any correspondence from NVC and USCIS.

Thanks

Hey, no, it never updated. Don’t be alarmed :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline
1 hour ago, AndyRoo6 said:

Good luck to all!

Such a wonderful feeling after a long excruciating wait.

Please enjoy your moment.

And as for the lawyer, good riddance!

She will certainly not be missed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.